C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I thought my wife, I, and my Crystal Red C7 vert were goners yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:13 AM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
I know I have commented on this before, but I just LOVE your avatars!!!
+ Many. Don
Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Innocuous
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rarely take my C7 out without some knucklehead (usually a kid) in his Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, etc. trying to impress me or challenge me to a race. The worst case unfortunately was another C7. I was cruising in town on a four lane divided street with 40 MPH speed limit, when coming the other direction was another AW C7. He was hauling butt, saw me at the last minute stuck his arm out the window and waved and hit the throttle to give me a blast and he drives over the overpass and out of sight. A couple of minutes later I look in my rear view mirror and there he is. He is doing at least 90, weaving in and out of traffic, barely missing other cars and in general being a dangerous idiot. He pulls up next to me at the light and it was some 20 something amped up kid. Not your typical Vette driver, but one is too many.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:55 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrazyandbroke
That's why slower traffic keeps right. Some states are now ticketing you left lane roadhogs.
Roadhogs? WTF are you talking about? I was going 75 in a 65. I was in the left lane because I went around someone going slower. I'm going 10 mph over the speed limit and I'm going to get a ticket for going too slow. Dude, you are totally full of crap!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stangslayer
Why don't you get out of the left lane?
Nothing worse than left lane slow pokes that think they own the lane!
See my previous comment.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,354 Likes on 483 Posts

Bro, I saw you. I cleared you by 30 feet.

Remember, slower traffic KEEP RIGHT

Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CitznFish
Bro, I saw you. I cleared you by 30 feet.

Remember, slower traffic KEEP RIGHT

Slower than 140? This isn't the Autobahn.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM
ersin
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Raptor 2
Roadhogs? WTF are you talking about? I was going 75 in a 65. I was in the left lane because I went around someone going slower. I'm going 10 mph over the speed limit and I'm going to get a ticket for going too slow. Dude, you are totally full of crap!
Relax. Didn't you see the ROFL smiley he put at the end? This is known as sarcasm.

I'm sorry about your incident but I am really glad that it in the end it turned out ok. It could have been much worse.

Cheers.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ersin
Relax. Didn't you see the ROFL smiley he put at the end? This is known as sarcasm.

I'm sorry about your incident but I am really glad that it in the end it turned out ok. It could have been much worse.

Cheers.
OK, thanks. Sorry.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Idiots...

Was coming home after a "Cars and Coffee" meet early one Sunday morning. Guy in a orange Gallardo at the meet is puffing his chest out with a small crowd around his car. I rolled in with the C7 and the crowd now quickly makes its way to check out my new ride - leaving Mr Big by himself.
I hang around for about 20 minutes soaking in the congrats and then leave.
5 minutes later as I'm accelerating onto the highway the Gallardo idiot flys past me on the right - the shoulder - going at least 80-90 mph. Cuts right in front of me plastering the front of my 1 month old C7 with gravel, dirt, rocks, etc.
Next time we're at the same meet, I'll have a "sharp" little suprise for the orange POS when he's not looking........

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 06-13-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,923 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan
Was coming home after a "Cars and Coffee" meet early one Sunday morning. Guy in a orange Gallardo at the meet is puffing his chest out with a small crowd around his car. I rolled in with the C7 and the crowd now quickly makes its way to check out my new ride - leaving Mr Big by himself.
I hang around for about 20 minutes soaking in the congrats and then leave.
5 minutes later as I'm accelerating onto the highway the Gallardo idiot flys past me on the right - the shoulder - going at least 80-90 mph. Cuts right in front of me plastering the front of my 1 month old C7 with gravel, dirt, rocks, etc.
Next time we're at the same meet, I'll have a "sharp" little suprise for the orange POS when he's not looking........
Sorry to hear this. Nobody said money buys brains or class. That's about as bad as it gets, and deserves this.

I had a similar thing happen to me. I had just bought a new SUV, and some jack@ss passed me on a double yellow, and pelted my new truck with rocks, including chipping the windshield. He's lucky I didn't have a big rock in my truck, because I might have done something to his back window I would not have regretted.

The moral of the story is, you never know when you might need a big pet rock.

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 06-13-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Shifterkartdrvr
Racer

Received 349 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by wan65
75mph in a 65 mph speed limit zone isn't slow,
Exactly. It isn't the Autobahn.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Alysha
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

took off leaving the Challenger about a car link and a half behind, then hitting 4th gear at 6500rpms it was all over but the crying for the poor ole Challenger, my car was just gaining so much I let off when I got about 10 car links ahead of him...
How long is a car link?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 AM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

First off, I'm very glad you and your wife are OK. But, you should have followed that idiot and gotten his plates, then, called in a report of reckless driving when you got home. You and your wife were very lucky. The next motorist this nut encounters may not be.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 AM
wan65
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alysha
How long is a car link?
A car link is an estimated guess of distance using your vehicle as a measurement, another words he was about 10 corvettes behind me.
If you want feet or inches, maybe someone on here might know.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,148 Posts

People don't seem to understand the left lane is for passing. Does not matter if you are doing 75 in a 35 if there is no one to your right move to the right and free up the left lane. Those who believe they have the gawd given right to own the left lane make it very dangerous for the rest of us as speeders weave back and forth. I can be in the far right lanes, 2, 3 4 lanes over, and some impatient person rolls around me because someone thinks they own the left lanes and are too arrogant to move right.

I was not with the OP but seems both share some responsibility. Anyone who is hogging the passing lane but more serious anyone hammering and passing on the right in twight light one of the most dangeous times to drive.

In many states cruising the left lane is illegal and passing on the right is too........ just never enforced until there is a colision.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
dbdave
Le Mans Master

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts

A car link is an estimated guess of distance using your vehicle as a measurement, another words he was about 10 corvettes behind me.
If you want feet or inches, maybe someone on here might know.
Must be a TX thing. Mostly referred to as a 'car length'. First I've ever heard of that one.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:03 AM
checkur6
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Moron Driver

We're driving on the eastbound 210 yesterday in Pasadena, going about 75 in the left lane, and we drive under a wide bridge. It was dark and my headlights came on. Suddenly, out of nowhere, some idiot in an Infinity comes up behind me going about 140. It's dark and I can't see him very well, but I heard him. I thought "We're dead." At the last instant, just before rearending me, he suddenly swerves to the lane to my right and blows by me, almost sideswiping me. Amazingly, he didn't hit any of the cars in front of me. Then he pulled off at an offramp. Some people at the gym this morning thought he saw a red Corvette ahead and was just showing off. I don't think so. I think he was just driving way too fast, we were just in the way, and he saw me in the dark under the bridge at the last minute.
They're EVERYWHERE! Sign of the times and the NEW culture! No skill, no judgement, no maturity, no courtesy and no respect. I've got my toy and anything goes. Damn the other people! ME, ME, ME!

Get notified of new replies

To I thought my wife, I, and my Crystal Red C7 vert were goners yesterday.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:46 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Alysha
How long is a car link?
Only as long as its weakest link.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:55 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
People don't seem to understand the left lane is for passing. Does not matter if you are doing 75 in a 35 if there is no one to your right move to the right and free up the left lane. Those who believe they have the gawd given right to own the left lane make it very dangerous for the rest of us as speeders weave back and forth. I can be in the far right lanes, 2, 3 4 lanes over, and some impatient person rolls around me because someone thinks they own the left lanes and are too arrogant to move right.

I was not with the OP but seems both share some responsibility. Anyone who is hogging the passing lane but more serious anyone hammering and passing on the right in twight light one of the most dangeous times to drive.

In many states cruising the left lane is illegal and passing on the right is too........ just never enforced until there is a colision.
That was one of the larger loads of crap I've ever read. Someone was going 140 and somehow I share responsibility for the situation? I said I was in the left lane. I didn't say for how long. What makes you think I was cruising in the left lane? I had just passed someone going slower and then I passed under a wide bridge. It quickly became dark and my headlights automatically came on. Would you change lanes in the dark under bridge? Also, I live in LA. The freeways have lots of traffic at all hours, including the left lane. You strike me as the type of person who spends a lot of time looking for opportunities to pontificate, making unfounded assumptions, regardless of whether or not you are in command of the facts.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

That was one of the larger loads of crap I've ever read. Someone was going 140 and somehow I share responsibility for the situation? I said I was in the left lane. I didn't say for how long. What makes you think I was cruising in the left lane? I had just passed someone going slower and then I passed under a wide bridge. It quickly became dark and my headlights automatically came on. Would you change lanes in the dark under bridge? Also, I live in LA. The freeways have lots of traffic at all hours, including the left lane. You strike me as the type of person who spends a lot of time looking for opportunities to pontificate, making unfounded assumptions, regardless of whether or not you are in command of the facts.
Can't agree more, you share absolutely no responsibility in this situation. This forum is full of know-it-alls who need to shower us with their stupidity daily. It's quite sad the level of intelligence here, people jump to conclusions so quickly and feel no shame about pointing fingers when they have absolutely no facts and no right to do so.

Quick Reply: I thought my wife, I, and my Crystal Red C7 vert were goners yesterday.