Sponsored by:

Z51 prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 08:30 AM
whitec7
Burning Brakes

Received 610 Likes on 234 Posts

Default Z51 prices

Are the Z51 still going for sticker prices?
Old 06-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by whitec7
Are the Z51 still going for sticker prices?
Im going to take a wild guess here. Yes. Also some less and some more. Each dealer will work with each customer in their own ways.

Last edited by Bmbarney; 06-11-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: edit
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

For in stock Coupes, most places are still asking sticker. I've found a few dealerships knocking 1-2k off.

For Convertibles, Kerbeck and MacMulkin are taking $3k off or Supplier pricing.

Les Stanford will take supplier on all Corvettes including Z51 coupes but they have a wait list of close to 80 people currently.

Criswell and Rick Conti are not accepting Supplier or discounting any of their Corvettes.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:55 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

What I think was odd is that when I called Les Stanford in late January when there was 2 feet of snow on the ground and asked if they would discount a Z51 order I was told no. They must make more money liquidating their allocation at GMS and supplier than knocking a couple grand off msrp.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
What I think was odd is that when I called Les Stanford in late January when there was 2 feet of snow on the ground and asked if they would discount a Z51 order I was told no. They must make more money liquidating their allocation at GMS and supplier than knocking a couple grand off msrp.
In January Corvette was not part of the Supplier pricing. Back then I'm sure they were selling every unit they had at MSRP.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:23 AM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
In January Corvette was not part of the Supplier pricing. Back then I'm sure they were selling every unit they had at MSRP.
They had inventory then. If they were selling so well, why did they quickly go to accepting GMS and supplier on everything they had and could order? It was only a month timeframe and the weather was only getting better in Michigan.

Was no big deal to me as I ended up getting a better price than Supplier using my GM Card points at another metro Detroit dealer who got me the car in less than 7 weeks. I just don't understand Les Stanford's logic as I'm sure they could have made quite a bit more from my deal than blowing the allocation on GMS and supplier. So much for their $10,000 price guarantee.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
They had inventory then. If they were selling so well, why did they quickly go to accepting GMS and supplier on everything they had and could order? It was only a month timeframe and the weather was only getting better in Michigan.

Was no big deal to me as I ended up getting a better price than Supplier using my GM Card points at another metro Detroit dealer who got me the car in less than 7 weeks. I just don't understand Les Stanford's logic as I'm sure they could have made quite a bit more from my deal than blowing the allocation on GMS and supplier. So much for their $10,000 price guarantee.
From my understanding, they get other incentives when they do supplier deals. Supplier deals I think are easier, you either want it or you don't this is the price, if not the next person waiting behind you will take it without question.

Also since they are in MI and only 20 minutes from GM HQ, I'd say 90% of their customers are to GM Employees. If they offer GMS, they might as well offer GMS. It's all about volume to some dealers.

I spoke to a dealer in MI and left a deposit with them on their first 2015 Z51 at Supplier, they said they could sell Corvettes to other dealers around the nation for MSRP but they choose not to, they take GMS and GMU on ALL Corvettes as 90% of their customers are GM Employees.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

I hope Les Stanford takes the number 1 spot in Corvettes sales at some point. They deserve it.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
For in stock Coupes, most places are still asking sticker. I've found a few dealerships knocking 1-2k off.

For Convertibles, Kerbeck and MacMulkin are taking $3k off or Supplier pricing.

Les Stanford will take supplier on all Corvettes including Z51 coupes but they have a wait list of close to 80 people currently.

Criswell and Rick Conti are not accepting Supplier or discounting any of their Corvettes.
Wow. We are now heading into July and less than two months from the end of MY14 production and they are still selling so well that widespread heavy discounts are non-existent.

S.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 prices

Quick Reply: Z51 prices