Questions for local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Questions for local dealer

Finally about ready to pull the trigger on a C7 after selling my '71 Sting Ray a few years ago. It really does get into your blood! Been lurking on the C7 forum for a few months and haven't seen this come up... Any advice is appreciated!

Headed out to a local suburban Chevy dealer today to ask some questions. I am not against placing an order with one of the bigger forum sponsors but as a business owner myself I'd like to give the local business a shot. Any advice on questions regarding allocations or other problems I can head off if I do go local?

Pretty much settled on the options I want on a Z51 coupe including museum delivery... Except maybe manual vs auto, but that's another discussion altogether.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's all about allocations. Ask them how many they're going to get, and how many people are ahead of you on a waiting list.

Don't let them be wishy-washy about the question. They have a VERY good idea how many they'll get, although they don't know exactly when they'll get them. But if they're going to get 6 coupes in a year, GM will likely space those allocations according .. ie. one every couple of months.

And you need to know how big a hurry you're in.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryv
It's all about allocations.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions for local dealer

Quick Reply: Questions for local dealer