Sponsored by:

Rare no more

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:53 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
My good friend RUNUTZZZZ lives about 4 miles from me. I've never seen his and he's never seen mine.

The is a guy at my club who has an Arctic White vert. He's seen mine but I've never seen his.
don't ask, don't tell ...

I've seen one NRB Z51 coupe in a parking lot in Cary NC and one TR coupe, too far away to tell if it was Z51, on the road in Fayetteville NC. No C7 verts spotted yet.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

They are getting more common, but will never be commonplace. My Laguna Blue Coupe was the 2nd in town (East Bay SF area), but now there's a Laguna Blue Vert around the corner, one of my best friends (live a couple of miles away) bought a Cyber Grey Coupe, and now I see a new Red Vert cruising around town. In all, I know of 6 C7's in our immediate area.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Disagree with OP.

I live in the DC Metro area, over 8 million residents & commuters.. and I've seen a whopping TWO C7's on the street. First one was black convertible parked at a meter in December.. second one was a white coupe that I just saw last weekend at a BBQ restaurant.

While Im sure C7's are fairly popular vehicles in warm weather places like California, Texas and Florida.. This car is still extremely rare in most areas of the country.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:44 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

How about we just say there are 20k something thousand of them on the US roads out of millions of cars, and everyone can plug in whatever term they personally think describes that ratio?
Old 06-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

I am on the west central coast of Florida. I took delivery on 10/1. I did not see a C7 on the road for two months. I now see one or two each week. At a recent car show there were 20 or so.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM
bamahemi
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the DC Metro area, and I've only seen three C7s outside of a dealership (not counting my own): A CG coupe, a white coupe, and a black coupe. I know there are more out there though...
Old 06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
SEVETGO
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

At least seven in our club, Greater New Orleans Corvette Club and I have one on order
Old 06-03-2014, 02:15 PM
427bob
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 93 Posts

Gotta be 10 or more C7's in our club in FL. They are everywhere in FL.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:17 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Minneapolis area here and I have yet to see one in the wild.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
bibinoudefloride
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bamahemi
I'm in the DC Metro area, and I've only seen three C7s outside of a dealership (not counting my own): A CG coupe, a white coupe, and a black coupe. I know there are more out there though...

Well if you look at the C7 map ,i believe they are only 2 in DC !
And i'm one of the pround owner

Cheers to all
Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bibinoudefloride
Well if you look at the C7 map ,i believe they are only 2 in DC !
And i'm one of the pround owner

Cheers to all
Seems like other people are backing up my own experience. I thought maybe C7 owners in the DC Metro area were still were hiding because of the cold winter, but even a trip to Katie's Coffee & Cars in Great Falls, VA a month only brought out two more C7's. You would think at the biggest C&C event in the DC area.. that there would have been more. But they are still pretty rare around here!

FWIW.. I did have a C7 Stingray visit my home. Talk about an oddball story. I invited about 20 people over for a BBQ/NBA playoffs/Floyd Mayweather vs. Maidana PPV fight party. One of my old college buddies drove almost 4 hours to make it. When he arrived and saw my C6, he started going on and on about how his uncle was an executive for GM and gets to drive awesome company cars. He asked if his uncle could attend the cookout/party, and I said of course.

About 45 mins later I'm still working my butt off putting food on/off the grill when I hear people shouting my name. I peek around the corner of the house to see a red fully loaded 3LT Z51 Stingray! Sure enough the uncle was driving one as a company car. Told me about his job, the car, future of GM. Even left a business card. He had the car for about two months.. and planned on keeping for about four more months (end of summer) before trading it for another vehicle. Talk about the good life.. He's getting paid to drive new Vettes!

Last edited by Daekwan06; 06-03-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:17 PM
StingRaycer
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my C7 last October 3rd. I have only seen about 5 in the last 3 months here in Augusta Ga. There are a lot more around Atlanta but still rare in this area.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

My son lives in Cary and drives a C6. He works at Cisco. His ID on this site is: V3tte

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
don't ask, don't tell ...

I've seen one NRB Z51 coupe in a parking lot in Cary NC and one TR coupe, too far away to tell if it was Z51, on the road in Fayetteville NC. No C7 verts spotted yet.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Runnnutttzzz......Don't ever let the number of previous owners scare you from an exotic. Having owned Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc., I have found many people buy them with financing, drive them for a few months then let the bank have them back after making a few of the $2k monthly payments. The bank then turns around and wholesales them to an exotic dealer. Right there it will show 2-3 owners already (buyer, bank, dealer) then once they sell it, it will now have four (4) owners. Kinda crazy!

Through my experiences, I have found highline exotics very rarely ever make it to an auction as the banks have relationships with exotic dealers all over the country. This is why almost every high line exotic you see is being sold at a dealership...not a private owner. Someone realized they couldn't afford the monthly and turned it back to the bank.

The Huracan is going to be an animal! The problem is I hear dealer mark up is going to be $20k to $100k for the first year or two. I doubt it has much affect on the 04 to 08 Lambo since they have most likely bottomed out in the $100k to $150k range.

Having owned several very kewl cars, including five Corvettes, Ferrari 360, etc., I have got to tell ya there is nothing like the Lambo Gallardo! They are bulletproof, drive like an animal, have freezing A/C and still look like something off a space ship. Buy one if you ever get a chance. You should never get hurt on an 04-06 as they have depreciated about as much as they can. Buy one for $110k, drive it two years, then sell it for $100k. Bad thing about my C6 was I paid full bang for it in 2005 ($57k), then sold it four years later for $29k even though it only had 10k miles on the clock. That $30k hit hurt big time!!!! Won't see anything like it with my Gallardo!

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Sell me your Gallardo!! I keep searching for one but they either have 4 owners or too many miles. I'm patiently waiting for the Huracan to come out so all the current Gallardo owners dump them for the Heracan causing the prices to drop and a huge inventory to chose from.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Well I am starting to see a few now and then around Knoxville TN, none in the two towns closest to me. Doubt I will see but one maybe two in my county, average median income is 32K year.

Spent a week in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo MI twice this spring with the my C7. Never saw a C7 the whole time in MI 2 weeks total.

Had an AMG SL Benz pull into the Hospic parking lot where I was to check out my car, then two days later a 6 series BMW pulled in to check it out. Every place I went people were all over looking at it.

I get some looks were I live, but nothing like I got there.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:50 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bamahemi
I'm right next door in Haymarket and haven't seen you, yet...

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Runnnutttzzz......Don't ever let the number of previous owners scare you from an exotic. Having owned Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc., I have found many people buy them with financing, drive them for a few months then let the bank have them back after making a few of the $2k monthly payments. The bank then turns around and wholesales them to an exotic dealer. Right there it will show 2-3 owners already (buyer, bank, dealer) then once they sell it, it will now have four (4) owners. Kinda crazy!

Through my experiences, I have found highline exotics very rarely ever make it to an auction as the banks have relationships with exotic dealers all over the country. This is why almost every high line exotic you see is being sold at a dealership...not a private owner. Someone realized they couldn't afford the monthly and turned it back to the bank.

The Huracan is going to be an animal! The problem is I hear dealer mark up is going to be $20k to $100k for the first year or two. I doubt it has much affect on the 04 to 08 Lambo since they have most likely bottomed out in the $100k to $150k range.

Having owned several very kewl cars, including five Corvettes, Ferrari 360, etc., I have got to tell ya there is nothing like the Lambo Gallardo! They are bulletproof, drive like an animal, have freezing A/C and still look like something off a space ship. Buy one if you ever get a chance. You should never get hurt on an 04-06 as they have depreciated about as much as they can. Buy one for $110k, drive it two years, then sell it for $100k. Bad thing about my C6 was I paid full bang for it in 2005 ($57k), then sold it four years later for $29k even though it only had 10k miles on the clock. That $30k hit hurt big time!!!! Won't see anything like it with my Gallardo!
Looking at 06+ as I heard they are more desirable due to upgrades. Also looking at a convertible so it's 06+ anyways.

Most of the ones I've seen show 3-4 owners that have but miles on it. That's a lot of people ******* the car! One owner cars have a better chance of not being dogged.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:28 AM
azula
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnavarro
I have seen so many AW vettes that I honestly wouldn't get this color even though it's my Favorite. C7s are becoming fairly common in Las Vegas.

I absolutely love AW, but it looks like everyone else does too. lol. Does anyone know what the sales rankings are by color for MY 2014? I wonder which color sold the most?

Get notified of new replies

To Rare no more

Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,391 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

There are 3 of them around this town now (about 35K population). The dealers here are finally getting some in and people are buying them fast.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:21 AM
TX-OU812
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We picked ours up the first Friday in October. For a few months people were losing their minds. I couldn't pump gas without someone starting a conversation about her.

Now? It's hit and miss. People still ask about her at gas pumps. Just not as often.

She's still beautiful to me.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 AM
darkhorsevette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda like seeing other vette's on the road....I don't hesitate to smile when I see another drive by....I never get a wave or smile when I'm in my Mercedes CLS or wife Lexus... The vette might not be the million dollars exotic car, but imo it's the most iconic sport car out there and the sales numbers back it up...

Quick Reply: Rare no more