Sponsored by:

Road Trip Storage: Luggage & Doggie

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Robert Durff
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Trip Storage: Luggage & Doggie

New member and new Corvette owner here. My C7 (Arctic White Z51 2LT Coupe) is being built this week and I hope to have it out in Washington by mid-June. I've switched camps after 3 911's. Guess I'll need to learn how to re-learn how to drive with the engine up front!

My question though is a practical one: Any good solutions to share for securing luggage in the back with a medium-sized doggie next to it? Bungee cords are my backup, but hoping for some sort of divider that's a bit nicer.

Background: My other half and I take regular road trips with a small amount of luggage plus our 40-lb. furry companion, who has always been very happy in the back of the 911. When we test drove the C7 we confirmed there's plenty of room back there for our needs; I'm just looking for any advice on accessories that may help keep luggage to the side and keep doggie happy. I know some may be aghast that doggie rides in the sports car; I've always USED my fun cars though and will continue to.

Cheers,
Robert
Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.exoticvette.com/c7%20partition.htm

I don't know if this will work for you or not, it is a front-to-back partition instead of side-to-side. Depending on your dog, he nay be comfortable in the front section.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Robert Durff
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is very close! I think doggie is too big to fit in front of the partition, but I still may get one - looks to be very practical. I'm also wondering if a good interior shop could start with that, then cut and build something that had a front-to-back component too, essentially cutting the cargo bay in half.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:39 PM
DWG
Instructor

Originally Posted by Robert Durff
That is very close! I think doggie is too big to fit in front of the partition, but I still may get one - looks to be very practical. I'm also wondering if a good interior shop could start with that, then cut and build something that had a front-to-back component too, essentially cutting the cargo bay in half.
If the shop has experience in fabrication (as opposed to just remove and replace) they should be able to help you out. The could add a piece to make this T-shaped and you could have one side for the pooch and the other for your luggage. You might want to consider having the fabricated piece removable so you can leave this partition in place. I plan on ordering one once my 2015 arrives so my wife has somewhere to set her purse.

David
Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 PM
wu6fiend
Melting Slicks

Nice to hear of a Corvette owner using his/her car, and having adventures with it, instead of taking it home, parking and covering it, and then selling it several years later with almost no miles.

When you go on your trip, post some photos, the road trip threads are my favourites.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:42 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks like you are on the right path.. For some reason this classic scene came to mind..

Get notified of new replies

To Road Trip Storage: Luggage & Doggie

Quick Reply: Road Trip Storage: Luggage & Doggie