Sponsored by:

What is the Best Remote Dealer for Purchase 2015 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Darkwavemaster
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the Best Remote Dealer for Purchase 2015 Z06

Just called my local dealer (Bob Stall Chevy in San Diego) where I bought my current 2014 Stingray and asked about getting on the "order list" for a 2015 Z06. They said they are taking deposits now, but that they are going to be charging a "plus up" to the MSRP because the cars will be so rare and they will not have a large allocation. They didnt know how much plus up yet, but ealier this year they were charging 10k-15k for their the 2014 vehicles. I am afraid they will go up to 20-30k for the zo6. That was an immediate turn off.

At this point, I am ready to do the deal remotely and have the car shipped to me. I would like to find a reputable dealer that does high Corvette volume and will have Z06 allocation. I prefer not to pay more than MSRP for the base coast and then come down based on Military Discount if still in effect at GM (we are a retired Military family). I am ready with my deposit now and looking for recommendations based on the forums prior experience doing this.

Also if you are a dealer feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

thoughts?

Last edited by Darkwavemaster; 05-29-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Do you really think at this point any "remote dealer" is going to be any better.? Granted, thay are not marking up but are buried with orders.....and the "feel free to contact you" is just non realistic, I'm afraid. Don't sit by the phone.......
Old 05-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Darkwavemaster
Instructor

Doesn't hurt to ask, but I agree I don't expect to get any phone calls. I know some of the dealers follow the forum and might see this and let me know what they have going.

Originally Posted by Glen e
Do you really think at this point any "remote dealer" is going to be any better.? Granted, thay are not marking up but are buried with orders.....and the "feel free to contact you" is just non realistic, I'm afraid. Don't sit by the phone.......
Old 05-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Glen is 100% correct.
At this point, you'll be so far down the list you're probably better off waiting and seeing if an in-stock car becomes available. I put a deposit at Criswell in early-October and was #7. That was almost 8 months ago.

That being said, I'm not sure if Kerbeck has taken deposits on Z06's. They didn't take deposits on C7's until they knew what their allocation was going to be, and then they opened up the floodgates. If that's the case, you might be able to beat out TONS of other people (and former Kerbeck customers) who have the same thought process.
S.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:20 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Glen is 100% correct.
At this point, you'll be so far down the list you're probably better off waiting and seeing if an in-stock car becomes available. I put a deposit at Criswell in early-October and was #7. That was almost 8 months ago.

That being said, I'm not sure if Kerbeck has taken deposits on Z06's. They didn't take deposits on C7's until they knew what their allocation was going to be, and then they opened up the floodgates. If that's the case, you might be able to beat out TONS of other people (and former Kerbeck customers) who have the same thought process.
S.
If someone wants a 2015 Z06/7 I'd guess they need to get on a list with a volume Corvette pronto. Waiting until the car is able to be ordered (August, September, October...who knows) may be too late.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:16 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

As I posted in another thread, the Z is going to be EXTREMELY limited for MY2015... Reportedly only going to be 550 total for the model year, and only going to the biggest dealers. Better do your homework, select the right dealer, and get on the list with written confirmation as soon as possible if you really expect to get one.

As said, I doubt that you will receive a call as these will certainly sell themselves.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Seeing that delivery doesn't start until the beginning of '15 (and if the model year run continues to end around June or so in '15) and the high number of people interested from several/many months ago, I don't see ordering one being likely. That is, unless a very large number drop off the current lists or reject the cars when called.

The suggestion to get on the current lists of only the biggest dealers who will actually have allocations makes some sense, esp. if you ask about cars that don't get bought. Still, you'll be down on the list and it probably won't be built with exactly what you want, starting with color and transmission and going on from there.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
S.
You are correct. We won't start taking orders until we know 2 things. First, how many we are going to get. Second, what is the price. If we take your order we want to be as sure as possible that we are going to get you a car and you know what you are going to pay.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm still talking to people who ordered a 2014 Stingray last summer from a dealer and still have nothing.

Dave
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
You are correct. We won't start taking orders until we know 2 things. First, how many we are going to get. Second, what is the price. If we take your order we want to be as sure as possible that we are going to get you a car and you know what you are going to pay.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm still talking to people who ordered a 2014 Stingray last summer from a dealer and still have nothing.

Dave

S.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Darkwavemaster
Instructor

well I guess its a good thing I have my 2014 Stingray to hold me over till I can get my hands on a Z06. May end up being at 2016 rather than a 2015.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
as i posted in another thread, the z is going to be extremely limited for my2015... Reportedly only going to be 550 total for the model year, and only going to the biggest dealers. Better do your homework, select the right dealer, and get on the list with written confirmation as soon as possible if you really expect to get one.

As said, i doubt that you will receive a call as these will certainly sell themselves.
550 x 10
Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave
Wow!

Has there ever been demand like this with the previous generations?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:45 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkwavemaster
Just called my local dealer (Bob Stall Chevy in San Diego) where I bought my current 2014 Stingray and asked about getting on the "order list" for a 2015 Z06. They said they are taking deposits now, but that they are going to be charging a "plus up" to the MSRP because the cars will be so rare and they will not have a large allocation. They didnt know how much plus up yet, but ealier this year they were charging 10k-15k for their the 2014 vehicles. I am afraid they will go up to 20-30k for the zo6. That was an immediate turn off.

At this point, I am ready to do the deal remotely and have the car shipped to me. I would like to find a reputable dealer that does high Corvette volume and will have Z06 allocation. I prefer not to pay more than MSRP for the base coast and then come down based on Military Discount if still in effect at GM (we are a retired Military family). I am ready with my deposit now and looking for recommendations based on the forums prior experience doing this.

thoughts?
I bought my Z-51 from Hendrick Chevrolet Shawnee- Mission and I live in the Seattle area and drove the car home ( Southern route ) MSRP only !!! What a wonderful trip ( 1 week ) and I did a proper break-in according to the book instead of driving months at home !!! Wayne
Old 05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
As I posted in another thread, the Z is going to be EXTREMELY limited for MY2015... Reportedly only going to be 550 total for the model year, and only going to the biggest dealers. Better do your homework, select the right dealer, and get on the list with written confirmation as soon as possible if you really expect to get one.

As said, I doubt that you will receive a call as these will certainly sell themselves.
Maybe 550 by the end of 2014 maybe!

Originally Posted by JoesC5
550 x 10
Old 05-30-2014, 11:55 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkwavemaster

thoughts?
I just did a mileage check from Shawnee-Mission to Las Cruces NM and from there to San Diego equals about 1500-1600 miles !!! Perfect break -in period !!! Wayne
Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Production on the Z isn't going to start till January and ends in June of 2015.

Dave
Old 05-30-2014, 12:18 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz

Good luck with that. Production isn't expected until early 2015, and that number comes from a very credible source. Only time will tell. We can check back in this thread this time next year to see if it was accurate.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the Best Remote Dealer for Purchase 2015 Z06

Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Production on the Z isn't going to start till January and ends in June of 2015.

Dave
Thanks for the info!
S.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:19 AM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

[QUOTE=AORoads;1587016292]Seeing that delivery doesn't start until the beginning of '15 (and if the model year run continues to end around June or so in '15) and the high number of people interested from several/many months ago, I don't see ordering one being likely. That is, unless a very large number drop off the current lists or reject the cars when called.

The suggestion to get on the current lists of only the biggest dealers who will actually have allocations makes some sense, esp. if you ask about cars that don't get bought. Still, you'll be down on the list and it probably won't be built with exactly what you want, starting with color and transmission and going on from there.[/QUOTE.
Well.....that's pretty much a deal breaker for me and probably a lot of others who would like to purchase a Z06.
I'm not entirely sure why GM would do such a limited run, but that strategy is certainly not making them any money.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
SCOTSTERN
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Firstly,

I would never consider buying from Bobby Boy as the entire organization has an attitude that needs to be corrected. I am hopeful that at some point, they will be sold to a dealer that is more ethical in terms of pricing. I can only hope that they got stuck with the last round of 2014's that they supposedly bought at full price and then were discounted as the 2015's became available.

I wanted a 2015 and they wanted $10K over retail to order one. I bought one from Rick in Ohio at $4K under retail and now, they are as much as $6K off! They have allocations and they understand the product.

Any of the large dealers that support this forum would be good to go to for you order as they are honest, knowledgeable and they have allocations if anybody is going to get them!

Just another opinion.

Quick Reply: What is the Best Remote Dealer for Purchase 2015 Z06