Sponsored by:

C7 garage floor emblem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:23 PM
markk1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 garage floor emblem

OK, I have decided to coat my new garage floor with a checkered flag theme, but I want a C7 logo with "CORVETTE" below it. Does anyone know where to find such an emblem? I am told that vinyl emblems should be compatible with the system I intend to use, but can't find what I am looking for. This is it:

Name:  C7-Logo-with-Script.jpg
Views: 58267
Size:  27.7 KB
Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Given that GM is just beginning to license the logos, I wouldn't hold your breath. If you want a peel and stick vinyl logo, contact Sean at VetteFx. He can print and cut one for you but it could get expensive depending on the size.

My concern would be the fact that most of these drop in garage tiles don't have a smooth surface. They are textured to provide grip and with that comes a flooring that a peel and stick decal wont properly adhere too. The other concern would be longevity. If this logo is vinyl, it will not last long being walked on or driven on without applying a good clear coat to protect it.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM
GunGramps
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by markk1
OK, I have decided to coat my new garage floor with a checkered flag theme, but I want a C7 logo with "CORVETTE" below it. Does anyone know where to find such an emblem?
Museum has a Fathead Street Grip Logo, but it is only the Logo - does not have the wording "Corvette."

http://store.corvettemuseum.com/detail.aspx?ID=4521
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 05-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered directly from Fathead. About 2 feet by 4 feet. Looks great on my wall.

http://www.fathead.com/search-results/?term=corvette&=

Zee

Old 05-28-2014, 01:03 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
I ordered directly from Fathead. About 2 feet by 4 feet. Looks great on my wall.

Zee
Thank you Zee for the great information.

Sorry to bore the others with my request ....
Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

You could do what my friend did and hand cut ceramic tile to piece the logo together.. Looks great.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:15 PM
StevieK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is what I used on my flooring. It's from Corvette Central called "C7 LOGO FATHEAD SMALL DECAL / GRAPHICS" and you can be a little creative and also use the Corvette name under the logo. http://www.parts123.com/corvettecent...50V&ukey=45146

I had something similar with my C6 but used the under hood liner decal they use to sell. Sorry that the car wasn't centered with the logo but you get the idea.

The following users liked this post:
vettebruno (08-22-2022)
Old 05-28-2014, 02:17 PM
LB001
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 20 Posts

OK, I have decided to coat my new garage floor with a checkered flag theme, but I want a C7 logo with "CORVETTE" below it. Does anyone know where to find such an emblem? I am told that vinyl emblems should be compatible with the system I intend to use, but can't find what I am looking for. This is it:

Attachment 47799074
Due to the Fed. Governments increasingly stringent demands concerning mileage, emissions, etc. it is unlikely the C7 run will last more than another 8 or 9 years. Your new garage floor should last much longer than that. If you permanently inlay the C7 logo into your new floor you will eventually be saddled with an outmoded symbol. When you are driving your C8, will you still want that C7 logo in your floor?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:30 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by LB001
Due to the Fed. Governments increasingly stringent demands concerning mileage, emissions, etc. it is unlikely the C7 run will last more than another 8 or 9 years. Your new garage floor should last much longer than that. If you permanently inlay the C7 logo into your new floor you will eventually be saddled with an outmoded symbol. When you are driving your C8, will you still want that C7 logo in your floor?
I hear 'ya. I figure if I do get a C8, I will have to make sure I have enough $$ to change the floor logo....or maybe just move to another house with a BIGGER garage, lol!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:31 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by StevieK
This is what I used on my flooring. It's from Corvette Central called "C7 LOGO FATHEAD SMALL DECAL / GRAPHICS" and you can be a little creative and also use the Corvette name under the logo.

I had something similar with my C6 but used the under hood liner decal they use to sell. Sorry that the car wasn't centered with the logo but you get the idea.
I like that look, Stevie...
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
RCB1234
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Attachment 47799074
If you are going to put down an epoxy floor, I wonder if you could take the fathead emblem and lay it over your first color coat and then put a clear epoxy coat over the top.???
Old 05-29-2014, 12:20 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by RCB1234
If you are going to put down an epoxy floor, I wonder if you could take the fathead emblem and lay it over your first color coat and then put a clear epoxy coat over the top.???
I spoke with the coating supplier/manufacturer, and that is what they suggested with a vinyl emblem. I think the fathead emblem will be the perfect size for what I want; I thank Zee51 again for the lead above...the only thing they suggested I do is try the clear coat on a sample of the graphic to make sure it doesn't have adverse effects. Fathead won't give me a sample, and couldn't/didn't provide me with a similar but smaller emblem (read "cheaper than $119") that I could try it on first. Will probably buy the emblem set anyway and put the crossed flags on the wall if the floor idea doesn't work out.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:51 PM
RCB1234
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I spoke with the coating supplier/manufacturer, and that is what they suggested with a vinyl emblem. I think the fathead emblem will be the perfect size for what I want; I thank Zee51 again for the lead above...the only thing they suggested I do is try the clear coat on a sample of the graphic to make sure it doesn't have adverse effects. Fathead won't give me a sample, and couldn't/didn't provide me with a similar but smaller emblem (read "cheaper than $119") that I could try it on first. Will probably buy the emblem set anyway and put the crossed flags on the wall if the floor idea doesn't work out.
Will you need to remove any existing finish? I have a painted floor and have been looking into floor grinders to remove the paint. Post of photo of your finished product. I plan to epoxy the floor and also looking into a corvette logo to put down.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:05 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by RCB1234
Will you need to remove any existing finish? I have a painted floor and have been looking into floor grinders to remove the paint. Post of photo of your finished product. I plan to epoxy the floor and also looking into a corvette logo to put down.
Fortunately for me (or unfortunately, $$-wise), the floor is brand-new since I built a garage for the new baby (first 'vette for me). I will definitely post some pics when it's done. Be patient, though; the coating system I am using recommends 45-day cure for new concrete before coating.

I received the decals from Fathead; they are just what I believe I need. They come on a sheet, so there is plenty of "flash" around them for me to test the clear coat on it to make sure the emblem won't be adversely affected. I'm betting that it will be OK, but I have a "plan B" if the clear coat is not compatible with the emblem...
Old 06-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I received the decals from Fathead; they are just what I believe I need. They come on a sheet, so there is plenty of "flash" around them for me to test the clear coat on it to make sure the emblem won't be adversely affected. I'm betting that it will be OK, but I have a "plan B" if the clear coat is not compatible with the emblem...[/QUOTE]

Cool...looking forward to your pics. I may do the same with one of my smaller C7 logo if your experiment works out. Mine is a plastic tile floor so not sure how it would work out

Zee

Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM
StevieK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
I received the decals from Fathead; they are just what I believe I need. They come on a sheet, so there is plenty of "flash" around them for me to test the clear coat on it to make sure the emblem won't be adversely affected. I'm betting that it will be OK, but I have a "plan B" if the clear coat is not compatible with the emblem...
Cool...looking forward to your pics. I may do the same with one of my smaller C7 logo if your experiment works out. Mine is a plastic tile floor so not sure how it would work out

Zee

[/QUOTE]

Zee,

If you have the RaceDeck or equivalent you can call RaceDeck and ask them to send you a few smooth tiles to put your decal on. That's what I did, as you can see in my post #9, and the decal sticks on fine. When I did the similar thing with my C6 logo I did run into a problem with spraying clear coat over the decal. It didn't discolor the decal but the clear coat did peel off in different parts of the tile. The Flathead decals are thick enough and adhere really well so as long as you don't drag anything across them I don't think there is a need for clear coat.

I'll be anxiously awaiting how you and Mark11 make out with your projects. Should look real good.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Majorhavok
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After all these years with C7, I was hoping to find someone offering a product specialized for this purpose? But so far I don't see any options except to somehow use a vinyl decal on the floor?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 garage floor emblem

Quick Reply: C7 garage floor emblem