Sponsored by:

Help! Tell me about car shows

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:13 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,959 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Griffin
When you go to car shows do you let children sit in your car? I DO It is so exciting to watch the looks on their face when they get in. Some kids may never ever in life have an opportunity to sit in a Vett more less buy one. Its only a car and they will not hurt it. You never know what influence you will have on one of these bright upcoming leaders of our future. Who does the same ?
Absolutely - I offer it to parents all the time... When posing for their picture, those kids smile from ear to ear every time. They make my day and I think the car makes their day

Now there are kids you can just tell wont respect or appreciate what you are offering...just by how they walk around the car. If parents are letting their kids touch the car or get handprints all over, I just politely ask them to please not touch the car. But if I hear the parents say "now dont touch the car" then that is the magic words to offer the kid to sit in my Vette!
The following users liked this post:
Michael Griffin (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 PM
99mallett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: The line waiting to see Santa Claus stretched all the way back to Terre Haute, and I was at the end, Indiana
Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Showing your car is more about pride of ownership...you are presenting your pride and joy to others who, like you, are showing their cars off. If you want to show a stock car, do it. Before you go to the show, clean and detail it. Take time to cover rock chips, clean floor mats and clean the engine compartment. Learn about your car...buy a black book, frequent forums and when someone asks you about your car, answer proudly and offer tidbits as to why you love your car. Don't show up expecting to win a trophy, just make new friends and enjoy the show...you may win something, you never know.
JerryU (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 07:29 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Well when I bought my car in March 2014 the August All Corvette Show near where I use to live ( Seattle) had 5 C 7's and the 2017 show there were 25 C 7's The only reason I got a 3rd place trophy was I only had to beat 2 other cars !!! This was also a people's choice show !!! I don't go to shows to win just to meet other car owners and people like to ask me questions about my car and talk about other cars thy have owned in their lifetime !!! This also why I like taking my 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 454 numbers matching car to car shows !!! Wayne
Old 02-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Wilross3
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Griffin
When you go to car shows do you let children sit in your car? I DO It is so exciting to watch the looks on their face when they get in. Some kids may never ever in life have an opportunity to sit in a Vett more less buy one. Its only a car and they will not hurt it. You never know what influence you will have on one of these bright upcoming leaders of our future. Who does the same ?
Always! I also bring along a half dozen or so red C7 Hot Wheels to give out to kids who seem interested. Buy 'em on eBay for a buck or two apiece. Great way to get kids excited about cars and Corvettes!

Bill
papillion (02-22-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I try to go to as many car shows and cruise in’s as possible, but since I generally work Saturday’s I don’t get to many a season. The one exception is I always take a vacation day for our local vettes for vets show in Dobson NC. Won a bottle of wine each time and met lots of fantastic people.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:34 AM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 456 Likes on 342 Posts

Go stock and have fun talking with other car people.

Quick Reply: Help! Tell me about car shows