Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Tire pressure sensor issue

Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 AM
1st timer
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Tire pressure sensor issue

Hello fellow forum members. I am in desperate need of some assistance/advice. I had a set of after market wheels/ tires built and shipped to me from out of state. Before the wheels/tires were shipped, I shipped the company a full set of tire pressure sensors to be installed in my tires( I ordered these sensors from my local chevy dealer based on my VIN #). The sensors were installed and I had the wheels/tires installed on my c7 a week ago. Since that time the warning light and error message in the DIC have not gone away. The display center is showing all tires as green, but it does not show the pressure in each tire. The telltale sign also continues to be illuminated. I have taken the car to my local chevy dealership twice,and back to the tire shop twice. No one has any answers as to why the car is not " communicating" with the tires. I have tried the following things , but nothing is working :
1) following specific instructions from the Manual re: the auto relearn process page 10-56 ( at least 2 or three times)
2) manually resetting the sensors ( was told by dealership that the C7 sensors could not be manually reset)
3) disconnecting the battery to rest the entire system
4) driving an additional 400 miles from the date of install

The only thing I have not tried is removing the original sensors from the stock tires and having them installed in the aftermarket wheels/tires. This will be the last option as I have been told that the sensors in the stock tires are the same as the sensors I ordered to be installed in my aftermarket wheels/tires. I am exhausted, out of ideas, tired of burning extra gas, and trying not to spend extra money if it's not necessary. Thank you in advance for any input you may have .
Old 05-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,902 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Perhaps the dealer can pull codes from the system to see if/what the error message is.

Michael
Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 AM
v26278
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Since you ordered the sensors through a Chevy dealer, they should get them working for you, or else get you the right sensors for your car that do work. Unless the tire installer damaged all the sensors, there should be nothing to it.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st timer
Hello fellow forum members. I am in desperate need of some assistance/advice. I had a set of after market wheels/ tires built and shipped to me from out of state. Before the wheels/tires were shipped, I shipped the company a full set of tire pressure sensors to be installed in my tires( I ordered these sensors from my local chevy dealer based on my VIN #). The sensors were installed and I had the wheels/tires installed on my c7 a week ago. Since that time the warning light and error message in the DIC have not gone away. The display center is showing all tires as green, but it does not show the pressure in each tire. The telltale sign also continues to be illuminated. I have taken the car to my local chevy dealership twice,and back to the tire shop twice. No one has any answers as to why the car is not " communicating" with the tires. I have tried the following things , but nothing is working :
1) following specific instructions from the Manual re: the auto relearn process page 10-56 ( at least 2 or three times)
2) manually resetting the sensors ( was told by dealership that the C7 sensors could not be manually reset)
3) disconnecting the battery to rest the entire system
4) driving an additional 400 miles from the date of install

The only thing I have not tried is removing the original sensors from the stock tires and having them installed in the aftermarket wheels/tires. This will be the last option as I have been told that the sensors in the stock tires are the same as the sensors I ordered to be installed in my aftermarket wheels/tires. I am exhausted, out of ideas, tired of burning extra gas, and trying not to spend extra money if it's not necessary. Thank you in advance for any input you may have .
Note: There are a couple sensors - I don't have the full part numbers in front of me. The numbers of the two are exactly the same except the last two numbers of the part number. The correct last two numbers are 60. The 59 is the wrong part number. I ordered the sensors on-line and received 59 and they would not work (sense) automatically or even at the Chevy dealer with a reset tool. 60 is the right number. Thanks
Old 05-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
Perhaps the dealer can pull codes from the system to see if/what the error message is.

Michael
That would not work for me. Its all about the right part number.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:48 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default i had trouble too!

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
Note: There are a couple sensors - I don't have the full part numbers in front of me. The numbers of the two are exactly the same except the last two numbers of the part number. The correct last two numbers are 60. The 59 is the wrong part number. I ordered the sensors on-line and received 59 and they would not work (sense) automatically or even at the Chevy dealer with a reset tool. 60 is the right number. Thanks
i had the right part # 13581560, nut 13581557, but my trouble was me not waiting 20 minute's for the car to sleep when i put the new wheels/tires on before i started it up and drove for 5 miles. if i were you i would start over== put the factory wheels/tires back on and see if they still work( let car go to sleep, off for 20 minutes) then drive 5 miles. if the stock setup works there is your answer! the new ones are wrong or damaged.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

As mentioned make sure you have the correct part number sensors.

The sensors could have been damaged on installation, or maybe they never were installed, or the company that installed them mixed them up with another set of sensors they had.

Only thing you really can do is have a tire shop dismount the new wheel/tire and make sure the correct sensor is in there if all 4 tires are blank.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

If you have the original tires and wheels still mounted I would reinstall originals and see if the system works again. Settings could be messed up. Go from there.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,557 Likes on 1,639 Posts

I understand the car has to sit still for 20 minutes after installing the new wheels/tires. My question is, should the car be running during that 20 minutes, or can it sit with the ignition off? I am installing new wheels tomorrow and I don't want to mess this up...
Old 05-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Silverblue
I understand the car has to sit still for 20 minutes after installing the new wheels/tires. My question is, should the car be running during that 20 minutes, or can it sit with the ignition off? I am installing new wheels tomorrow and I don't want to mess this up...
don't overthink it...
I drove out of the tire dealer with my TSW's the minute they had them mounted...light was on, went off on 15 min ride home...
Old 05-19-2014, 05:12 PM
1st timer
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all so much for taking the time out to respond. I checked my receipt for the part number and it ends in number 60, so looks like I have the correct sensors. Once the new wheels/tires were installed . We waited the 20 minutes and I drove for over 5 miles over a speed of 25 miles. Everything was just peachy on day one, but the next day is when I got the dreaded light.

I can see the DIC screen which shows that each tire is green, but no tire pressure numbers.

The guy at the tire shop took out some tool and scanned around the car. When he was finished it showd each tire and their tire pressure. So he said that tells him the senors are working and reading pressure, just not "talking" to my car.
I will get the original wheels/tires put back on to see if the car reads those, and if so, looks like I'll be sacrificing a new purse to have both sets of wheels and tires dismounted, sensors switched, remounted, and balanced.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!!! Tire pressure sensor issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!! Tire pressure sensor issue