C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 12:32 PM
WELOVEVETTES
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?

Does anyone have an idea if GM will continue supplier pricing for Credit Union members?

I am wanting to put a deposit dn for a 15 order, but dealer says can't, because he is unsure whether I will be able to get supplier price.

Thanks for any direction.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:51 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

probably not initially and definitely not on the Z06.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:13 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What AFVETTE said plus this: GMS and GMU (supplier) are not accepted at the start of production because there is a belief that dealers need to have vehicles on hand in order to sell them. Since almost all vehicles sold in the USA are from dealer stock, there is a good possibility GM knows what it is doing.

So your dealer is correct: program pricing will not be available during the initial build time frame. It will be (excepting specialty vehicles such as the Z06) once dealers have a good supply on their lots.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 02:23 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

JMO. Depends on inventory available and probably not until the end of the year. Patience will be needed for any discounts.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:47 PM
WELOVEVETTES
Pro

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
probably not initially and definitely not on the Z06.
I want a Z51 coupe or vert... Sounds like I need to find a car in inventory somewhere.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Mwtpde
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laborsmith
What AFVETTE said plus this: GMS and GMU (supplier) are not accepted at the start of production because there is a belief that dealers need to have vehicles on hand in order to sell them. Since almost all vehicles sold in the USA are from dealer stock, there is a good possibility GM knows what it is doing.

So your dealer is correct: program pricing will not be available during the initial build time frame. It will be (excepting specialty vehicles such as the Z06) once dealers have a good supply on their lots.

Laborsmith
Then there is the question of what happens to those that have placed orders for 2014s and have an agreed upon GMS or GMU price. If the order cannot be filled with a 2014 car due to issues beyond the control of the customer, will GM or the dealer honor the discount pricing through the model changeover to a 2015 car? If the answer is yes (or even a strong possibility), then it might make sense to place an order now for a 2014 knowing that the dealer won't be able to get a 2014 with their remaining allocation. Going a step further, if the ordered car has constraints then you are virtually assured the order won't be filled with a 2014.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Laborsmith
I was told by my dealer that GMS would be available from its introduction in March forward. They said it is only on the front end of a new model year (2014) that it is not offered for a few months which was true until March of this year. Perhaps Supplier discount is different.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

The order has to have been accepted (2000) if it can not be fulfilled until the next model year for "price protection" to apply. An entered order (1100 etc.) will not count.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
I was told by my dealer that GMS would be available from its introduction in March forward. They said it is only on the front end of a new model year (2014) that it is not offered for a few months which was true until March of this year. Perhaps Supplier discount is different.
Your dealer could very well be correct. I think this is a semantics issue. When next model year Malibu's start production, the likelihood that retail sold orders will outnumber retail stock orders is minimal. I have noticed GMS (employee) programs SEEM to be available before GMU (supplier, friend & family, and credit union) programs but I suspect there is a difference: employee pricing programs are managed by GM and the other pricing programs are 3rd party dependent.

But GMS is not available at start up. It will be available in time, but it is not available at start of production, ie: preorders before the start of regular production.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Laborsmith
I just posted what I had been told a few weeks ago about GMS pricing on the introduction of the 2015s but I thought I would call again which I just did. I talked to the new car sales manager at Hendricks Chevrolet in Shawnee Mission, Kansas who has been selling for Chevrolet since 2002 and he confirmed my prior post that once they start with the program on the FIRST year of a new model that it continues.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:24 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Remember, GM may offer supplier pricing, but each dealer decides whether they will accept it on all cars or not.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Remember, GM may offer supplier pricing, but each dealer decides whether they will accept it on all cars or not.
That is true. The dealer I referenced in my post DOES accept GMS and Supplier discounts on ALL cars including the C7 should that be of interest to anyone.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:29 PM
WELOVEVETTES
Pro

I just posted what I had been told a few weeks ago about GMS pricing on the introduction of the 2015s but I thought I would call again which I just did. I talked to the new car sales manager at Hendricks Chevrolet in Shawnee Mission, Kansas who has been selling for Chevrolet since 2002 and he confirmed my prior post that once they start with the program on the FIRST year of a new model that it continues.

Just to clarify... GMS and Supplier are two different animals, so you are saying that he said GMS will continue, but what about Supplier...? Just trying to make sure I am clear on what you mean.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WELOVEVETTES
Just to clarify... GMS and Supplier are two different animals, so you are saying that he said GMS will continue, but what about Supplier...? Just trying to make sure I am clear on what you mean.

Thanks
He said both would continue now that they have been introduced in March for the C7
Old 05-17-2014, 03:34 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

I'll jump in since I spent about a week working on GM Military Discount, which is the same as Supplier but a different name (I have both). The ONLY dealer I could find that flat out said yes was Les Stanford. I want to order a 2015 Z-51 8 speed and was told by them, that with a deposit, I would be #31 in line to order a '15. And the authorization had to be in effect at the time of vehicle delivery. All the other major board dealers here politely said not at this time. When you register for any of these programs, you get an Authorization that is dated and good for six months. Both of mine expire in November. I also contacted Ross Downing, whom I have bought from before. They said they will consider it when supply catches up with demand. FWIW.

Last edited by PhilsFRC; 05-17-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:35 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

The dealer is not saying something that contradicts what I have posted. In fact, what he has said is what I am trying to post. I admit I can get hung up in trying to be precise and this could be an instance.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 03:37 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

The order has to have been accepted (2000) if it can not be fulfilled until the next model year for "price protection" to apply. An entered order (1100 etc.) will not count.

Laborsmith
And that's were I currently sit. However if I can't get LRG I may sit it out until I can find a pre-owned 14. But my dealer is confident I'll get my car as GM has to clear out the LRG material for MY14 and none of my options are on constraint.

Get notified of new replies

To Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?

Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PhilsFRC
I'll jump in since I spent about a week working on GM Military Discount, which is the same as Supplier but a different name (I have both). The ONLY dealer I could find that flat out said yes was Les Stanford. I want to order a 2015 Z-51 8 speed and was told by them, that with a deposite, I would be #31 in line to order a '15. And the authorization had to be in effect at the time of vehicle delivery. When you register for any of these programs, you get an Authorization that is dated and good for six months. Both of mine expire in November. I also contacted Ross Downing, who I have bought from before. They said they will consider it when supply catches up with demand. FWIW.
Is their any need to get the authorization until you are ready to receive the car? I understood that I would not furnish my GMS code until ready to pay for the car. Getting the authorization number is obtained by a GM employee accessing it by computer when they wish to do so. Is the Military Discount different?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
WELOVEVETTES
Pro

He said both would continue now that they have been introduced in March for the C7

Thank you sir.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:15 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

Default Dr. Ice

If you can get Supplier then you are correct. If you have the number when you pay for it, you're good to go, no matter when you got the Authorization number-Supplier is not a one off discount like Military. I pulled up the Military Discount Authorization because I don't know how long they will have that particular program. And for example, Military limits you on Cadillac until the end of June only. Once you obtain the number it's good until expiration, even if they terminate the program. Additionally, I medically retired from a Company that GM authorized Supplier for, and for fun, went back in and reapplied for an Authorization and it issued one. So now I have both. The REAL issue is finding a dealer that will accept either. And BTW, the discount structure is the same for Employee, Supplier and Military as I understand it.

Quick Reply: Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?