C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 05:24 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith
What AFVETTE said plus this: GMS and GMU (supplier) are not accepted at the start of production because there is a belief that dealers need to have vehicles on hand in order to sell them. Since almost all vehicles sold in the USA are from dealer stock, there is a good possibility GM knows what it is doing.

So your dealer is correct: program pricing will not be available during the initial build time frame. It will be (excepting specialty vehicles such as the Z06) once dealers have a good supply on their lots.

Laborsmith
This doesn't make sense because the majority of the corvettes sold today are cars the dealerships do not have on hand; however, the GM supplier discount is currently being honored by GM and select dealerships. Maybe I am missing something.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:28 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default One Other Tidbit

I have previously bought two (non Corvette) GM vehicles with Supplier Discount. The dealer's invoice for the car from GM has a line item that lists the specific Supplier price and the dealer is obligated to show it to you. It's not something he can make up and it comes with the vehicle paperwork that includes the MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin). Additionally the Supplier Website lists dealer incentives, that you will not ordinarily see, but perhaps can negotiate on. I my case it was a $5000 dealer rebate on a '05 Avalanche that was left over after Katrina. Dealer threw that in and I ended up getting almost 25% off list. FWIW.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

I hope you all are correct since my talked to a GM person produced the opposite.
She told me NO for 2015 Corvettes.
This is the reason I held up in giving Les Stanford the deposit they want to be on the list for 2015.
I may go ahead and take the chance, since it is refundable.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cg02175
This doesn't make sense because the majority of the corvettes sold today are cars the dealerships do not have on hand; however, the GM supplier discount is currently being honored by GM and select dealerships. Maybe I am missing something.
If you are willing to accept that the majority of Chevrolets sold today are vehicles the dealer has on hand AND accept the same rules that apply to those vehicles also apply to the Chevrolet Corvette, than it should make sense. Chevrolet does not distinguish between a vehicle in stock and a vehicle on order and frankly I do not see how it can.

Also, I seriously doubt that the majority of Corvettes sold as of today and going forward are Corvettes the dealer does not have in hand. So yes, it appears you are missing something.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by St!ngray
I hope you all are correct since my talked to a GM person produced the opposite.
She told me NO for 2015 Corvettes.
This is the reason I held up in giving Les Stanford the deposit they want to be on the list for 2015.
I may go ahead and take the chance, since it is refundable.
Hoping there will be the discount (I hopefully will get employee pricing). I am #35 on the list At Les Stanford
Old 05-17-2014, 05:56 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Earlier in this thread there was a question about the Military Discount. In the past this discount has beenfor a specific amount of dollars, usually $500 but sometimes $750. It may have reached $1000 but as to that I am not certain. The point is, using Supplier is a significant change, is worth much more but does not allow use of GM Card points, and so far seems to end at June 30.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

If I go back in memory, when the C6 launched in 2004 (2005 MY), GMS/GSU weren't available until about halfway through the year. When the 2006 came out, you could still get GMS and GSU on the 2005s, but not for the 2006 for the first few months.

It would not surprise me either way but my guess is it won't be available initially, but it's only my guess.

Right now, it you are on a 2014 Convertible (Z51 or not) or on a non-Z51 2014 Coupe, we will take supplier pricing. With the pending price increase for 2015, you may want to contact me about something I already have or about getting in an order while you still can.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 05-17-2014, 06:31 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

Default Military Discount

If you register, they have a build it now on their site. I built a loaded 3LT Z-51 and it came out to close to a $8000 discount. My understanding is that the current Military Discount is the same matrix as Supplier. And for the poster who was told 2015 would not qualify, the Military Discount site states ALL 2014-2015 GM vehicles except Z-28 and some hybrid. Maybe GM will exclude 2015 Corvette, but that's not the way it's currently written. Also it ends June 30th on Cadillac only the way I read it.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilsFRC
If you register, they have a build it now on their site. I built a loaded 3LT Z-51 and it came out to close to a $8000 discount. My understanding is that the current Military Discount is the same matrix as Supplier. And for the poster who was told 2015 would not qualify, the Military Discount site states ALL 2014-2015 GM vehicles except Z-28 and some hybrid. Maybe GM will exclude 2015 Corvette, but that's not the way it's currently written. Also it ends June 30th on Cadillac only the way I read it.
It would be nice if someone called Les Stanford for their opinion.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:42 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

Les Stanford stated to me that ANY discount available at the time they delivered the vehicle would be accepted. So if Supplier is, you're in. But you could always call.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Dave,
Thanks for emailing the Workbench detail sheet on my Convertible today (Saturday). I sent Dave@Kerbeck my GCU (credit union) order & deposit on Wednesday. Sounds like it might go to 3000 next Wednesday!
Hey guys, is that fast enough for you?

Last edited by John Ulrich; 05-17-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Les Stanford stated to me that ANY discount available at the time they delivered the vehicle would be accepted. So if Supplier is, you're in. But you could always call.
I was wondering what their experience would guess on the 15s. I posted earlier what my dealership thought based on past history and they are in the top 10 in the nation. I know no one may be 100 percent sure right now but I would think past history and practices would serve as a good predictor. It's interesting on what you saw on the web site as far as 15s being included. I personally am interested in GMS pricing.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:17 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Dave from Kerbeck posted and answer and his answer matches my experience so I recommend accepting his answer.

The thing is, I answer based on the past and generally that is the reasonable answer. But there are no guarantees that how things were done then will be how they are done in the future.

No guarantees.

None whatsoever.

But reasonable expectations from what has been done in the past.

So take both Dave's answer and mine for what they are worth: a guess as to what may happen based on experience of what has happened.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Dave from Kerbeck posted and answer and his answer matches my experience so I recommend accepting his answer.

The thing is, I answer based on the past and generally that is the reasonable answer. But there are no guarantees that how things were done then will be how they are done in the future.

No guarantees.

None whatsoever.

But reasonable expectations from what has been done in the past.

So take both Dave's answer and mine for what they are worth: a guess as to what may happen based on experience of what has happened.

Laborsmith
I understand it's all just opinions for the time being. However, the sales manager I spoke too with 12 years experience did not share the same opinion based on his experience which overlaps the example given by Dave at Kerbeck. Dave also said he wasn't positive but thought that was true. I, like many others would sure like to know sooner rather than later. For me it's a 9,000 dollar answer.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:42 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

So you want a guaranteed answer in a situation that has none?

Cool. I would too in your situation.

Unfortunately, there is only a reasonable expectation based on past performance and no guarantee. You now know the reasonable expectation and how you use it to meet your own needs is up to you. And I who have no skin in the game care not which path you choose to use.

Laborsmith
Old 05-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

So you want a guaranteed answer in a situation that has none?

Cool. I would too in your situation.

Unfortunately, there is only a reasonable expectation based on past performance and no guarantee. You now know the reasonable expectation and how you use it to meet your own needs is up to you. And I who have no skin in the game care not which path you choose to use.

Laborsmith
I hear you brother. My fall back is a 2000 discount on a z51 and my ability to use my 3000 on my GM card. Sure like to get that other 4000. As you said, time will tell. Thanks for your insight.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:36 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

You must have the GM Blue Card otherwise my understanding is a buyer can not use GM Card points plus GMS/GMU.

Laborsmith

Get notified of new replies

To Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?

Old 05-17-2014, 08:59 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Even on a Z06? LOL

Dave, what's did GM do for the Z06's when it comes to Supplier?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

You must have the GM Blue Card otherwise my understanding is a buyer can not use GM Card points plus GMS/GMU.

Laborsmith
Yea..... I know I can't combine since I don't have a 1% blue card. I am talking plan B if they are not accepting GMS In September when I will get my car. Which I HOPE to hell they are.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,920 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Laborsmith
Mine used to be blue, and is now black with blue stripes, 5% earning with 7 year expiration. Is that excluded?

Michael

Quick Reply: Will supplier pricing be available for 2015's?