Sponsored by:

Anyone going back to C6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 02:16 PM
JVJaz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreginNH
I know this sounds really strange, but my Indy tells me that he has at least 3 customers who are not happy with their C7's who will be going back to C6s. The main reason seems to be the the C7 is more of a "touring" car rather than a sports car.

I freely admit that my C7 does not "feel" as aggressive as compared to my past C6 cars but I have attribute that to the fact that the C7 is more refined IMO as does everything better than my C6 cars.
I'm a first time Vette buyer and really enjoy my Z51 3LT NPP 7 speed. Before I purchased the Stingray, I test drove a 2013 427 Verte and really loved it. If it wasn't for a few creature comforts that it didn't have such as partial auto top and express down windows only, I would have bought it. In fact, I am investigating buying one that is new left over at a dealer. That way, I would have the best of both worlds as my stingray is a coupe. Thoughts?
Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 592 Posts

Are you NUTS?!?! Who is your "Indy" some guru who smokes a lot of wacky weed !! Really?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Scottys78
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 05-16-2014, 08:46 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,453 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by JVJaz
I'm a first time Vette buyer and really enjoy my Z51 3LT NPP 7 speed. Before I purchased the Stingray, I test drove a 2013 427 Verte and really loved it. If it wasn't for a few creature comforts that it didn't have such as partial auto top and express down windows only, I would have bought it. In fact, I am investigating buying one that is new left over at a dealer. That way, I would have the best of both worlds as my stingray is a coupe. Thoughts?
That would make for a nice pair.

The 427 Vert is a cool Corvette, and would make a great stablemate for a C7.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:21 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

I think that a car could be subjectively more exciting to drive than another car without being faster, and therefore more fun. I think my C5 Z06 feels faster than a C6 Z06 in a lot of situations, but the clocks tell a different story if the C6 can stay on the throttle enough.

So it is entirely conceivable that the C7 is so smooth and controlled that it feels slower than a C6, even if the clocks say differently.

BUT, since 99.8% of Corvette drivers will never be on a track,
WHO CARES?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:09 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdude
Thanks for proving there's an a-hole born every minute. No one's forcing you and your bs remarks to be on here.

From the proud owner of two C6 Corvettes, 20 Corvettes over the last 44 years.
Look in the mirror playboy. I was just joking around, calm your wrinkly old man-***** down.

Btw, nobody gives a flying rat's *** how many corvettes you have owned.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 AM
2013 427
Instructor

I know this will be an unpopular post here in the c7 section, but here goes. Certainly all in this section want to feel they made a great decision in purchasing a 2014, and you did. It is an awesome car. It just isn't my favorite, so my decision was different. Everyone has their own tastes. When I was shopping around for a new Corvette in March of last year, I had a big decision to make. I did lots of research on the soon to be released C7, and I knew it would be a very nice car. My decision? Knowing full well that I could wait a few months, purchase a 2014, and end up with an additional 20 - 30k in my pocket, I instead went with the 60th Anniv 427 Vert and am happy I did. A single year model, with all the bells, whistles, and power of a z06, while being a convertible. I love this special car and I get tons of compliments every time I drive it, it's a beast on the track, and it draws a crowd at the car shows. My decision came down to a few main factors: I plan on hanging on to the car and enjoying it for years to come. I'm starting to see many 2014's on the road and they already are a much more common sight than my 60th Anniv. Also, the idea of buying a first year model had a lot to do with it, and I didn't want to wait 2-3 years for the bugs to be worked out. I realized that the interior and electronics would be much updated on the C7, but I still prefer the classic exterior styling of the wide-body C6. Again, I'm not dis'ing the C7 and I think it's an awesome car. To each his own - I would have saved many thousands by purchasing the C7, but I made the right decision for what I was looking for, and wouldn't consider trading my car for a 2014.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:32 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013 427
I know this will be an unpopular post here in the c7 section, but here goes. Certainly all in this section want to feel they made a great decision in purchasing a 2014, and you did. It is an awesome car. It just isn't my favorite, so my decision was different. Everyone has their own tastes. When I was shopping around for a new Corvette in March of last year, I had a big decision to make. I did lots of research on the soon to be released C7, and I knew it would be a very nice car. My decision? Knowing full well that I could wait a few months, purchase a 2014, and end up with an additional 20 - 30k in my pocket, I instead went with the 60th Anniv 427 Vert and am happy I did. A single year model, with all the bells, whistles, and power of a z06, while being a convertible. I love this special car and I get tons of compliments every time I drive it, it's a beast on the track, and it draws a crowd at the car shows. My decision came down to a few main factors: I plan on hanging on to the car and enjoying it for years to come. I'm starting to see many 2014's on the road and they already are a much more common sight than my 60th Anniv. Also, the idea of buying a first year model had a lot to do with it, and I didn't want to wait 2-3 years for the bugs to be worked out. I realized that the interior and electronics would be much updated on the C7, but I still prefer the classic exterior styling of the wide-body C6. Again, I'm not dis'ing the C7 and I think it's an awesome car. To each his own - I would have saved many thousands by purchasing the C7, but I made the right decision for what I was looking for, and wouldn't consider trading my car for a 2014.
If you like it, that is what matters.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:23 AM
2013 427
Instructor

Originally Posted by leadville1

Wow, that is probably the best, most intelligent response possible. This guy gets it. No mud slinging needed.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:26 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Dude it's a 427 Vert. Instant Classic.
I don't know why it took GM so long to do it... but of all the C6s it's the only one I want at this point.

In an ideal world though...why not have both?
When it comes C7 time for me I'm not going to give up my other toys!
Congratulations on the 427 Vert.

Last edited by MavsAK; 05-17-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:26 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1

Wow, that is probably the best, most intelligent response possible. This guy gets it. No mud slinging needed.
Actually, your post was pretty darned intelligent, too.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:41 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

My last C6

And my answer is HELL no I'm not going back to a C6.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
My last C6

And my answer is HELL no I'm not going back to a C6.
That's a beautiful Z-06, mine was silver. What color C7 did you get?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:20 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by C7BB
That's a beautiful Z-06, mine was silver. What color C7 did you get?
LRG which is very close the the 08 Jaguar XK we owned

And my 1969 Firebird 400 Ran Air IV, wish I had photo's of that car. But the green Pontiac used on their 68-70 Firebirds/GTO's have been my favorite color/cars of all time. In my 14 C7 I get a chance to replicate my 69 Firebird 400.
Internet photo, but exactly like mine.

I'm even having the dealer install RED RIM RINGZ to complete the look on my C7.

And I owned a Polo Green 96.

Last edited by AFVETTE; 05-17-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:47 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
LRG which is very close the the 08 Jaguar XK we owned

And my 1969 Firebird 400 Ran Air IV, wish I had photo's of that car. But the green Pontiac used on their 68-70 Firebirds/GTO's have been my favorite color/cars of all time. In my 14 C7 I get a chance to replicate my 69 Firebird 400.
Internet photo, but exactly like mine.

I'm even having the dealer install RED RIM RINGZ to complete the look on my C7.

And I owned a Polo Green 96.
Suffice it to say you like green?!?!? :-) beautiful cars, all of them. I think it's very tasteful and unique, plus, your one model year C7 color will be very rare in a couple of years.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by hyteck9
I will say one thing that was better on the C6...

visibility.

front , side, and rear.

plus 1! The too much tech in the dash makes the C6 better too but otherwise the C7 wins. Took a bit but with seat time and the blower with the stick I'm banging really "ranger" quick shifts.

Plus the C7 has better grip and wants to bite down instead of spin.
I think I'll work on a 3 sec or less and in the 10's 1/4 mile.
Car is quick! Looks a Z06 shut down is coming for the first one that try's once they get released!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 05-18-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM
REPZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slief
I agree & I came from an 09 Z06. The C7 is a much better drivers car. 3 years from now I'll be driving a C7 Z06. I can't wait but in the mean time, I'm loving my C7.
How was the move from a C6 Z06 to the new C7. I have a 2008 Z06 but I'd love to get a C7 . Might try to keep the C6 and have both .

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going back to C6?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:34 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Wow, you sure are a class act.
what do you expect from a pimp?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:12 PM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a C7, however, there are still many "Head turning C6's" on the road! They are still a very good looking car.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 PM
garye
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '21

OK I guess I’m the 1 looney, crazy, out of my mind etc. etc. that would go back to a C6, especially a 427 or Grand Sport. I like my C7 vert, don’t get me wrong and in my town of 60,000 I have the only one so I’m a bit of a celebrity but I have to admit I still love the look and design of the wide body C6’s. To me, they have a sportier look with the front and rear air intakes, the wider tires and the Heritage package that came with front fender stripes. I seem to fit better in the seats as well (6’4”-245lbs). A C6 wide body with a supercharger, O hell yea. So if anyone out there wants to trade their C6 Grand Sport or 427 verts for a Torch Red/Black top C7 vert with less the 500 miles on it, give this nutcase a buzz, I’m all ears. By the way you cannot be an introvert and have a Torch Red C7 convertible, it is one cool car, I just prefer the look of the 427/ Grand Sport, what can I say.

Just a side note as I am new to the C7 forum. Seems like there was much more of a brotherhood with the C6 crew on the Corvette Forum, yes, some bickering and difference of opinions, but never as petty and spiteful as some of the things I’ve seen on this C7 forum. I’d like to suggest we all make an effort to bring back the corvette brother and sisterhood, I mean we all have vettes, do you realize all the people that would like to be in our shoes?..I’ve wanted one since I was in jr. high and my C7 is my 4th, and while we are at it….save the wave first ones on me

Quick Reply: Anyone going back to C6?