Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's 25 or younger with a C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:46 PM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

I am 24 and female. I am really looking forward to all of the "I like your Dad's car," or, "Did daddy pay for that?" comments

I graduated college at 21 and have been saving ever since. I've always wanted a Vette and now I have a job where I'm making good enough money to comfortably afford one. Plus, I like to go fast
Old 05-09-2014, 12:58 PM
J18369
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '14

Yeah, you'll get that a lot. Or you'll get the look from people and know that's exactly what they're thinking.

Screw what other people think.

Regardless of education, it's all about playing your cards right.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:59 PM
gaurav
Intermediate

Turned 23 today and will be taking delivery of my Arctic White Z51 3LT in July. Can't wait.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,104 Likes on 855 Posts

I think a majority of young haters being talked about hate it cause they can't swing one and are using the old guys as an excuse. They're not comfortable with having to deal with the reality that they can't have it and are in denial. Most convenient for them to say it's an old man's car.

Interesting that a survey on our C5 Z06 forum revealed that more members in their 20's own Z06's than any other ten-year age group.
Why do they own C5 Z06? Fast & furious, looks, and most important... it's within reach.

Congrats to all those that managed a C7. My first Vette was a Sting Ray at 20, just not this era. For those coming from the likes of BMW, I hope it meets your expectations as far as reliability. My wife's MB has been in for service for one slightly warped temp vent and recently for one malfunction door lock jumping up & down repeatedly. 3+ yrs now. My own hate is dealer visits for manufactured malfunctions. Seems the C7 is developing a lengthy list. Some things never change.

btw: it's perfectly fine to hate chrome.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:29 PM
6spdg37s
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Her Z
I am 24 and female. I am really looking forward to all of the "I like your Dad's car," or, "Did daddy pay for that?" comments

I graduated college at 21 and have been saving ever since. I've always wanted a Vette and now I have a job where I'm making good enough money to comfortably afford one. Plus, I like to go fast
college educated, drives a corvette, likes to drive fast !!! marry me please !?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:34 PM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Does 16 in Corvette years qualify ?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:38 PM
LDYSTIG
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
college educated, drives a corvette, likes to drive fast !!! marry me please !?
Happily taken, but flattered
Old 05-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Vinzvett
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Algiers
Good plan. I wish I would have thought of that. I'm 35 and have ordered my first Vette. At this point I think I'll just embrace the mid-life stereotype...sadly it's pretty fitting anyway.
Bought my first Vette at 34 as well. I am 47 and just picked up my C7. The concept of Corvette and mid-life crisis is ridiculous! If you are in a position to to spend $70K on a car, then I say congratulations it's not a crisis!

I also drive a BMW 535 and it does not compare to the feeling of driving a Corvette!

Enjoy the ride!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm 29 with a Z51 on order. I like the Corvette demographic being older. It helps the insurance rates.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdm23
I'm 29 with a Z51 on order. I like the Corvette demographic being older. It helps the insurance rates.
When I had my 350z, the rates were insane. It was speculated that was the case because so many young boneheads were buying them and killing themselves.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:30 PM
SnAkeDr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 47. Always loved Corvettes all my life. I've could have bought one but didn't. Now I have a 1994 C4 but plan to jump to a 2014 or 2015 C7 (not a if but when). I have 20/20 vision and a couple of gray hairs.

I don't care what people think. Yes, I have mid-life crisis. The only man or woman who doesn't have it is a dead one.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Nate GM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jodyhighroller3
Lol what do you do for a living congrats
Considering the fact that he joined the forum 12 years ago and is claiming to be 18, I would say that he is a troll for a living
Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM
gregb1812
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J18369
Only crap I get is from the in-laws.

"Why'd you buy ANOTHER Corvette, that is so impractical, you have two kids, you should have bought a minivan."

Exactly why I bought one, so I can get the hell away from all of them... really fast.

Also, if my wife wants a new car... she can go get a job.
WOW, we might be related because I get the same from my 'extended family'.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
6spdg37s
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

"Why'd you buy ANOTHER Corvette, that is so impractical, you have two kids, you should have bought a minivan."

Exactly why I bought one, so I can get the hell away from all of them... really fast.

LMAO I get that from people and I am as single as could be . "corvettes are so impractical".

If you know about cars they really are not impractical to own/drive

IDK if I am ever going to get married and have kids... I love my cousin's kids to death but I care way too much about myself still
Old 05-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Nate GM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Perfect point there.

I stress to any younger person who comes to me for advice that they should be looking at purchasing a house and potentially paying it off before looking into toys.

I also tell them not to do drugs and all that yadda-yadda, that's a waste of money too.

Corvette is my drug of choice. *injects 93 octane into arm with hypodermic needle*
That's all good advice and I took all of that into consideration before I purchased my C7.

However, some people like myself just have different priorities in life. I will be pretty much living at college for the next three years so it would be pointless for me to buy a house since I would never be in it. I've worked my butt off between many jobs, started my own business, and have saved every penny that I've earned. I fell in love with the C7 and decided that it was time for me to treat myself to something that I would enjoy. Although the C7 will lose some of its value, it will still retain a lot of its value over the years and be an asset for me when I graduate.

These are the best years of my life and I'll only live once, so why not enjoy myself a little bit
Old 05-09-2014, 03:00 PM
J18369
Racer

St. Jude Donor '09, '14

Originally Posted by gregb1812
WOW, we might be related because I get the same from my 'extended family'.
Yeah. I'd hate to tell my father-in-law that he should drop the financial advise considering he's refinanced his house three times and is completely upside down on everything. I'm the last person he should criticize.

My dad might give me some crap sometimes, because he's always regretting his own car purchases when he could be buying stock or something, but he at least understands since we work roughly the same career at the same company (we work on airplane electronics). I'm degreed, he gas a GED and makes well over 100k a year. I'd rather listen to he advice on how to make something with nothing.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate GM
That's all good advice and I took all of that into consideration before I purchased my C7.

However, some people like myself just have different priorities in life. I will be pretty much living at college for the next three years so it would be pointless for me to buy a house since I would never be in it. I've worked my butt off between many jobs, started my own business, and have saved every penny that I've earned. I fell in love with the C7 and decided that it was time for me to treat myself to something that I would enjoy. Although the C7 will lose some of its value, it will still retain a lot of its value over the years and be an asset for me when I graduate.

These are the best years of my life and I'll only live once, so why not enjoy myself a little bit
Yeah, the advice of buying a house while you're young is not always good advice. Even after college, there's an advantage to not being tied to one area for career purposes. I bought my first house when I was 22, and ended up stuck with it for a few years due to the market crapping out, and I refused to sell it for a huge loss. I can't help but laugh at people who say "throwing your money away on rent" when I know people who bought houses in the mid-2000s and lost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Last edited by Mr Guns; 05-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Who's 25 or younger with a C7

Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Marioshi
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, under 25! Thats a tough one. I thought I was young getting one at 27. I guess I must of took all that "concentrate on other stuff first" to heart since I bought 3 houses/sold one before buying my Corvette.

Timeline:
22 graduate college
23 get engaged, buy first house, get professional job
24 get married, buy first new car (WRX)
25 buy rental property, get promotion closer to home
26 buy second home (new) downtown close to work, sell first home
27 get another promotion, buy C7, relax

I guess I was just too busy to get a C7 before I turned 25...also they weren't out yet!

As for why young people are not buying them? Well, they are KIND of expensive, and KIND of impractical. I really just think a lot of young people really aren't that into cars, seeing as how a lot of teens are waiting to get their license. For me, turning 16 couldn't come soon enough!

Last edited by Marioshi; 05-09-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 PM
johnnypro
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Just turned 26, should be taking delivery of my first corvette in about 8 weeks. Certainly not rich, but until this purchase I had zero debt and live fairly modestly. I thought about purchasing a home, but I love apartment life and I like the flexibility of being able to take better job opportunities at the drop of a hat.

I thought about holding off on the purchase so I could pay straight cash, but then they went off and decided to discontinue Cyber Gray. Long story short, I had an order in with a forum dealer the next day .
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 PM
petee1997
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What a nice considerate guy.

Quick Reply: Who's 25 or younger with a C7