I was able to get through my wheel install this weekend, now onto the AFE
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2014, 05:00 PM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zdonner
Installed!

I was working with limited hand tools and my only complaint to aFe is that I would really have liked all the T-Bolt clamps to have the same sized nuts. I did not have a socket/driver that would fit the smaller two and it caused for quite a PITA to tighten them adequately.
To be completely upfront with you, we had t-clamps on order and they didn't deliver on time, causing us to have to rush ship clamps in from another source so we didn't delay the production.

Had no idea they would be different sized (although obviously would work), if it's an issue, I'll happily work with you to get you matching clamps if you would prefer, our normal ones arrived this morning.

Sounds like you got one of each..
Old 05-27-2014, 05:21 PM
zdonner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aFe POWER
To be completely upfront with you, we had t-clamps on order and they didn't deliver on time, causing us to have to rush ship clamps in from another source so we didn't delay the production.

Had no idea they would be different sized (although obviously would work), if it's an issue, I'll happily work with you to get you matching clamps if you would prefer, our normal ones arrived this morning.

Sounds like you got one of each..

I appreciate it, but it's installed and it really isn't a huge deal. Considering the circumstances I understand. It causes no harm or adverse effects to it's performance so I'm good.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:30 PM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zdonner
I appreciate it, but it's installed and it really isn't a huge deal. Considering the circumstances I understand. It causes no harm or adverse effects to it's performance so I'm good.
Ok great, if you change your mind let me know. And yes, to be held up because of clamps..
Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,805 Likes on 2,954 Posts

I'm unsure which filter to use first since I ended up getting both I'm leaning towards the Pro5R (blue oiled cotton filter) first then the ProDryS (white dry synthetic filter) once the 5R gets dirty and needs a cleaning.

It's tough to tell from the pictures, but the filters are HUGE! This is probably the nicest intake kit I've ever seen for a car, you can definitely tell a lot of engineering and R&D went into the design of it. Big thumbs up to the entire team over at AFE
Old 05-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

One question, with the interior of the tube being glossy smooth, would there be any advantage to roughing it up with some high-grit sandpaper?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:24 AM
0aFe POWER
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kracka
One question, with the interior of the tube being glossy smooth, would there be any advantage to roughing it up with some high-grit sandpaper?
You wouldn't want to take the risk of introducing turbulence to the airflow. Smoother = Unrestricted.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Thank you, sometimes my brain tends to over-think things I'm really excited to hear what this thing sounds like under throttle!

As everyone else has stated, the boxes arrived in perfect condition and everything was packaged very well.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
You're probably thinking of Boundary Layer separation and air flow characteristics through a pipe. Air will flow faster in the center of the tube. A slight roughness may change that slightly as the air will separate from the pipe wall easier, but the gains/Changes are likely so minimal that it really won't make a difference. I'd leave it just the way it is...Seems to me to flow really well!!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Andy Sziraki
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did i already miss this!!?? The threads first post was "after a successful group buy" At 395 I am in, I already bought a AirRaid filter that I haven't installed yet so Im $90 in the hole… HELP!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Andy Sziraki
Advanced

This thread still alive!??? Im in as well!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
skyrunner
Heel & Toe

I would also like to know if this is still going ?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:54 PM
fraub
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skyrunner
Old 06-19-2014, 01:02 PM
TLA3282
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fraub
I'm in too!
Old 06-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by skyrunner
The GB has been over for quite some time...
Old 02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
cookfr
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aFe POWER
A successful Group Buy for sure! Thank you all who participated. For those that didn't participate - We may have some opportunities to re-run this. As posted further down in this thread:

We are going to go ahead and cap this group buy for the moment. We are up over 50 kits alone from this forum, and while we are assembling and shipping some kits today, I'd like to get a firmer date from manufacturing on additional kits before we accept new GB orders.

There is a good chance we will have the balance ready next week, probably no later than the week after, but we are never comfortable taking payment information (even though we don't charge) and promising something without being able to deliver.

We are open to repeating this group buy, and we thank everyone who has taken advantage of this offer, we are very excited to see all of these kits getting installed and all of your feedback.

To those who have gotten your interest and information to me, we are working diligently to get these built and ready to ship to you.

======================================== =

You asked for it, aFe is happy to deliver! We are proud to host an introductory Group Buy exclusively to CorvetteForum.com members as we launch this new Cold Air Intake!

Detailed information on the intake, including pictures, R&D info and installation instructions are located here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...l-release.html

Normal web pricing is $519.75, but to help launch this product, and get them in the hands of you owners and posting your thoughts, a one-time special Group Buy discount will launch at $XXX.00 including shipping (48 states).. AND we will include a cleaning kit at no charge as well.

We will need a minimum of 25 people/kits to take advantage of this, but plenty had shown interest in the introduction thread, I'm sure this will go quickly. Just PM me and I'll collect your full info, and add your name to the list below, so we can keep track and know when everything is authorized by the minimum 25. This won't last for long, but a great opportunity to get a smoking deal and help with the launch of this product.

To confirm:
  • Minimum 25 Kits - Will collect $$ and create official order after 25 confirm
  • $XXX.00 Special one-time Group Buy Price
  • Includes shipping (48 states)
  • Includes Free Cleaning Kit
  • Choice of Oiled or Oil-Free Filter
PM me your information, and add yourself to the list below:

** MINIMUM ACHIEVED - Leaving Open For Others To Take Advantage ***

1. slief
2. Kracka
3. doneski
4. xp800
5. Modshack
6. CSEVEN
7. yankeevetteconvert
8. droideka
9. LS3_E85_Corvette
10. HalfMoon
11. Elite275
12. VAmikeC7 (pending)
13. ocstingray
14. RJ111
15. gthal
16. george vee
17. WKMCD
18. time2run
19. Plexoer
20. zdonner
21. dkfuji
22. kayir
23. EasyMoney11
24. vincent_esq
25. BarneyZ
26. richysvette
27. M3GUY01
28. jokerdev
29. y.o.y.o.
30. jorsulich
31. $$$frumnuttin'
32. Nick2k14Z51
33. Pads4u
34. tansor
35. go4kj
36. Vetinvett
37. Kalimino
38. dgerstel
39. Vettefan666
40. C7HOORAY
41. Phenox
42. Down8
43. aedmonster
44. leadville1
45. DocHolliday
46. acpm1ike
47. spaceaholic
48. C7Z51_2014
49. pgcorvette
50. killascrimp
51. zmoy2
52. jrubicon
53. ncrowe
Just wondering if you are planning to run another group buy for the aFe Momentum kit as you mentioned in your original post above?

"We are open to repeating this group buy, and we thank everyone who has taken advantage of this offer..."

Since it's been a year and a half since the original group buy, I'm sure there are plenty of new interested owners.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Group Buy: aFe POWER Momentum Cold Air Intake - Limited Time