Sponsored by:

Yet another price protection question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:36 AM
nsxpilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yet another price protection question

I still can't get a straight answer from GM customer service. I placed my order in January for a Z51 with a dealer that had no current allocations but was getting 2 or 3 a month. I am now next in line for an allocation, the dealer says it will likely happen this month (May) Here's the rub, the dealer says I am not price protected because my order was never accepted by GM (because he never had an allocation until now) BTW, he was clear all along that he had used up his allocations and how often he was getting them--I had no issue with that because I wasn't ready to buy anyway. He claims he has argued vehemently with GM directly and that they refuse to price-protect folks that have been on his list for C7's that he could only get allocations for after the March cut-off. Is he being straight with me??? thanks!

Incidentally, I changed the exterior choice in April, but the dealer tells me that is not the issue. He says the only issue it the fact that it was not allocated and the order accepted by GM.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

He's right, you have no order written, no matter what the circumstances are...you are not getting price protection. The rules are clear and simple.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

From what forum dealers have posted, if there was an order in the system at 1100 by the cutoff date, it was a sold order, it had the buyers name and contact information and the order was not changed after the cutoff date in ANY way, then price protection applies.

If you were only on some list on a notepad someplace, you didn't have an order that qualifies. Even if you did, the April color change would have wiped out the price protection anyways.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
He's right, you have no order written, no matter what the circumstances are...you are not getting price protection. The rules are clear and simple.
Case closed.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If he entered a 'sold' order into the GM order system with your name on it prior to March 3, you're price protected. That's the position I'm in.. the dealer did not have an allocation, but entered the order as sold, under my name, on Feb 18. He's expecting an allocation this month. My order is sitting at status 1100, not yet accepted by GM, but in the system.

I even was able to make a change to the order .. changed the color and added NPP AFTER the price increase, and my dealer verified with his GM rep that my order remains price-protected. As with all orders since Mar 3, it will be invoiced to the dealer at the increased price, but the dealer will receive a credit for the amount of the increase.

So .. it really depends on whether the dealer had an order in the GM system prior to Mar 3 ..
Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 AM
BeenThere
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

If you like your old price, you can keep your old price. Trust me. Government Motors

Get notified of new replies

To Yet another price protection question

Quick Reply: Yet another price protection question