C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the Dumbest/Silliest Question You've Been Asked About Your Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 AM
wv8090
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
Depends on what kind of condition you want to keep your car in. One jean rivet, and your seat is scratched.

Michael

I failed statistics however I would be inclined to bet that the odds of getting a paint chip / rock chip / cracked windshield / bird poop are about 1000X greater than a strangers jean rivet tearing up my seat. If your that worried about it you should keep it in a bubble.

Of course I'm also the kind of guy that trashed my warranty at 900 miles with a supercharger/meth/exhaust and my license plate says "STOLE IT" so my .02 probably doesn't mean much.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston123
I actually understand why people sometime ask if I like the car... this happened with my other car which was new model and somewhat rare at the time. You may buy a car and don't like it after all. Good way of learning about a car that you may be considering to buy...
This is true. There have been a couple cars that were getting good reviews that I purchased but only kept for 5-7 months and didn't care about a cash loss to get rid of them.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:05 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me

Also, not a stupid question, but my wife's grandmother freaked out when she saw my car for the first time and asked seriously if it's the batmobile. I've been asked that a few times (usually by very young children). And, in a way, I do think darker C7's have some resemblance to batmobile-ish car.
I was getting out of my NRB vert in a large parking lot, when a small boy behind the car grabbed his mother and said "Momma, that man got out of the Batmobile. Is he Batman?"
Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 PM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wv8090
I failed statistics however I would be inclined to bet that the odds of getting a paint chip / rock chip / cracked windshield / bird poop are about 1000X greater than a strangers jean rivet tearing up my seat. If your that worried about it you should keep it in a bubble.

Of course I'm also the kind of guy that trashed my warranty at 900 miles with a supercharger/meth/exhaust and my license plate says "STOLE IT" so my .02 probably doesn't mean much.
Fun comment, great attitude!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^ The license plate says it all!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
I was getting out of my NRB vert in a large parking lot, when a small boy behind the car grabbed his mother and said "Momma, that man got out of the Batmobile. Is he Batman?"
Haha, that's awesome!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:49 PM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Default New Camaro no longer has those tail lights

The new Camaro's no longer have those tail lights- have rectangle plain tail lights.

Originally Posted by DJGold
This is by far the stupidest question I get asked all the time. I mean look at the car, have you ever seen one before? It's brand new so who cares if it's 2014 or 2015. Don't tell me you thought it was a 2006. I've even had some jerk explaining to his friends that it was the new Camaro because of the rear tail lights. My god...
Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 PM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Default Afew folks have asked if it was a Pontiac?

Clearly these people missed the news years ago, that Pontiac was gone?

They say the rear and the emblem look like the Pontiac bird?

Originally Posted by FOOTR 1
"Is that the new Firebird?" My wife almost died laughing at the guy.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,923 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by wv8090

I won't keep it in a bubble, but I will put my car cover on when outside.

By the way, I have scratched my own leather steering wheel with a jeans rivet TWICE, two different cars. Those things are dangerous.

Everyone's different. Enjoy!

Michael
Old 06-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
That's great, kids say the funniest things. My cousin actually owns a Batmobile, a replica that was hand built by a local Batmobile shop...yes there is such a thing. It's pretty awesome and shoots fire out of the back. If you think the C7 turns a lot of heads, take a drive in a Batmobile, it stops traffic.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^ Pictures?
Old 06-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^ Pictures?
Old 06-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Arthur Chandleer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My own favorite:
Two kids biking by my crystal red 2014 Stingray parked on the street:
Kid #1: "Man, that is the coolest car in town!"
Kid #2: "No it's not -- it's the coolest car in the WORLD!"
Old 06-15-2014, 03:33 PM
NukepoweredC4
Navigator

My '94 C4 runs a stroker 383 with a big V-1 t trim Vortech supercharger that makes a lot of noise (and a lot of boost). I'm at the Auto Zone with the hood up, showing the friendly guy behind the counter (who is putting a wiper blade on a mini van for a lady) what's making all that noise.

With the engine idling and supercharger whistling like an F-22 Raptor he says:

"That's not the supercharger (making that whine) ... it's the power steering pump"! "You thought that was the supercharger"? He laughs; hikes up his jeans and walks away chuckling ... shaking his head. Can you imagine how depressed I was? Knowing I paid all that money to Vortech ... thinking I was getting a supercharger ... and all I got was a faulty P/S pump?

Last edited by NukepoweredC4; 06-17-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: to be more accurate
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM
monicatomokc
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 153 Posts

My wife and I were in downtown OKC, in front of the Bricktown Ballpark, stopped and waiting for traffic, when this women was crossing in the middle of the street and came up to my side of the car and said it was such a beautiful car and she just had to look inside. Okay, good start. Then came "Is this a Ferrari?" Okay, I can live with that and I said no, this is the new Corvette Stingray, and then (here it comes) she says: "Oh, that's a Pontiac, right?" WHAT!!!??? Now in her defense, I could smell liquor on her breath, so I guess I'll just chalk it up to that as the reason for her moment of insanity....
Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Mfserge
Safety Car

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^ Pictures?

He goes to shows with it and kids get to take their pic in the Batmobile, pretty cool. Built by. Gotham City Super Cars. Here is a link to photos of the build.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9442536&type=3
Old 06-15-2014, 10:04 PM
kmlute
Cruising

Stopped in at a Dunkin Donuts and my wife went in to get a coffee while I parked in the lot. The cashier told my wife "nice car I like the Camaro".

Get notified of new replies

To What's the Dumbest/Silliest Question You've Been Asked About Your Corvette?

Old 06-16-2014, 05:20 AM
C7 in White
1st Gear

Default FR club

Ok this could be in two treads....

My last C6 was unfortunate to be a part of the flying roof club.
This guy asked me if I ran under a barbed wire fence. I said nope I flipped it. He says " Dang ".

Now I get a lot dumb questions but they dont bother me. What bothers me is how I let the roof fly off in my C6.

I do a 3 point check every time I get into my C7.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:22 AM
smithrebel
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My fiends call mine the space shuttle. Many ask how fast does it go, and I tell them just enough to get in orbit.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Graybeard ZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read this whole thread and I can't believe the snide attitude a LOT of you guys have.

The owner who said that we are all ambassadors for this car is right. Can't you tell ignorance from stupidity? Most people in this world don't know what the hell a Corvette is, believe it.

An ignorant person just doesn't know exactly what he's looking at, a Viper? (c'mon, they do look a lot alike to the public), a Ferrari? to some people any exotic is a Ferrari, or Lambo. That's a compliment. Can't you take it and kindly inform them it's a Chevy Corvette. Then if they have more questions it's because they don't know much, and they want to know more, tell them. be nice it won't cost you a dime. And it might change the reputation that a lot of Corvette owners have. Next to Porschephiles, a lot of people think of Corvette guys as major schmucks. (I've heard it all after owning these cars for 40 yrs.) Let's change the image, not deny it exists.

Now stupid, and rude, people get different treatment. If some dumbass asked me for a ride around the parking lot with his little kid, I'd say "What kind of a father would let a stranger drive off with his kid?" Or a guy says "My wife wants a ride in your Lamborghini", I'd tell him "Sure, do you want her back, or can we keep on going?"

But if someone is nice and strikes up a conversation, and asks me what the car cost, I'd tell them. But to the butt heads that ask "How much did that cost ya?" I ask them "How much do you make in a year?" If that doesn't embarrass him and he tells me, I say, "Not enough".

As for the ricers that want you to fry your tires for their amusement, try this.
One night I was coming home from the drag strip on a rural four lane. Stopped at a light, a car full of kids in a fart can Honda really wanted me to roast the radials, "Come on man, c'mon". I didn't give them the satisfaction. But when the light changed, I left right with them, and stayed even through first, and halfway through second calling out
"c'mon man, c'mon" mocking them. Then let 'em have it. I gave them the top end of second, (which in a C4 ZR-1 sounds like a demon from hell), and by third I was gone. At the next light we all had a laugh, and they were now Corvette believers.
The point is, you can help educate the ignorant, and shame the dorks, without being the jerk too many people think Corvette guys are.

Sorry for the Rant,

Quick Reply: What's the Dumbest/Silliest Question You've Been Asked About Your Corvette?