Sponsored by:

Best compliment to date

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin City
The C7 has much more Lambo design DNA than Ferrari though. People compare it to the F12 but they've never seen one. In the flesh, they are as different as night and day.

The C7 has the sharp Lambo creases where subtle curves meet. Modern Ferrari's don't.
I agree...having seen the F12 and the C7 in person I don't really think they look that much alike.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Yep, get compliments and looks every where I go. I have had a few say the car is "Bad ***". Many say the best Vette ever.

I do think they are in range of most people if they really want one.

Must be in range of Lots of retired people as FL has the second most registered corvettes in the country, CA has more.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
xphnmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanahan
I have had a lot of complement on my Stingray over the past 7 months, but today's was the best.

As park to drop off my son at school, his best friend walks up to the car and says "no fair, you get to go to school every day in a Ferrari".
Mine hasn't been mistaken for a Ferrari but it turns a lot of heads and I've gotten loads of compliments on it.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 PM
rrod436
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

2013 Mustang GT500 runs me down in traffic. He pulls up besides me, rolls down the window and gives me "the nod" a thumbs up, and pulls off. Not bad.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

On great complement Saturday, and one very embarrassing one also.

While getting at some fresh fruit and vegetables at the grocery store, they guy selling something out side at the front, and I parked up front. When I come out, he said, Mister, ten people stopped to take pictures of you car. I was in the store 10 minutes max. Thought that was cool and made my day.

Ten minutes later I get a call from Tom at Range Rover which I had left just before I went to the grocery store. Tom says my Corvette left a puddle of Oil on his white concrete. At first I thought he was messing with me. Turns out he was correct. Left a puddle in my own driveway latter that day.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xphnmn
Mine hasn't been mistaken for a Ferrari but it turns a lot of heads and I've gotten loads of compliments on it.
A few months back while taking my sister-in-law (in from Vermont) for a ride we passed a red Ferrari California going the other way and got a thumbs up. She looks at me and says "Is that the new Mustang?".
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

I had some fool ask me if mine was a Scion last week! LOL.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
A few months back while taking my sister-in-law (in from Vermont) for a ride we passed a red Ferrari California going the other way and got a thumbs up. She looks at me and says "Is that the new Mustang?".
Heh.heh.

My wife and I have an agreement. She takes care of identifying plants. ("It's green" is about as far as I can go.) I take care of identifying cars. ("It has wheels" is about her speed.)
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 AM
2vette2
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 413 Likes on 189 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

A car pulled up next to my wife and I at a stop light. He looked at the car and told my wife that the car was almost as good looking as she was. Can't get better than that.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Mr Snappy!
Melting Slicks

Received 590 Likes on 163 Posts

This thread made me recall the funniest compliment I ever got....but not on a vette.

1993. I bought my first new car ever. It was a brand-new Eagle Talon TSI-AWD. Bright Red. One of the best cars I ever owned.

Anyways, my wife and I were just starting out and we were renting a duplex. We had plumbing issues and the landlord called a service to come and deal with it. Old guy shows up (60's) and has to go through the garage to get to the pipes.

After the work is done the guy, very nice guy, sheepishly comes over to me and says "Sir, can I ask you a question?"....uh, yeah. "If you own a Ferrari, why do you rent a duplex?"

That car got alot of complements in it's day, but only once was it accused of being a Ferrari!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by aforand
My best one was this guy pulls along side of me after following me (car is in Sport mode) and says "Wow man you need to follow yourself so you can hear how great that stock exhaust sounds"!

Another one was this guy comes up to me and says wow "that is that new Stealth car right"?

Go figure!
Why yes, yes it is.
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2014, 10:03 AM
xphnmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the C7 to a car show last month and while I was sitting by the car watching people go by, a guy came up and said "My wife wants to go for a ride in your Lamborghini." He was serious! Turned out he couldn't convince his wife it was a Corvette.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 592 Posts

When we first got our Stingray back in March my buddy & his wife came down to visit us from PA. We went for a cruise over to Fort Myers Beach and he followed me in his beautiful TR Grand Sport. He told me later that he "couldn't believe how many people stopped and stared and took pictures of my car while we drove along!" Here's a picture of me going over the bridge from his car.

Later one young lady stopped after I had parked and said, "I was never a big Corvette fan but that car is the sexiest car I've ever seen!"
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 958 Likes on 500 Posts
Tech Contributor

I posted this on the funny/stupid thread, I love it....at a gas stop half way across alligator alley, guy in a truck fueling up, walking back from the office said:

"Man, that thing needs a runway...."
Old 06-21-2014, 10:50 AM
chas70
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Papas02C5
My best compliment didn't come in words..
I was sitting at a red light and a truck making a turn in front of me stopped in the middle of the intersection and held up traffic so he could take a picture of my car with his phone. He then gave me the thumbs up and said nice car....
I was out for a ride with my grandson and as I stopped a alight a cop pulled up in the other lane and proceeded to tell me what a beautiful color it was(LRG) and he said everybody has black, red or white. I told him that we need a 100mph street and he agreed. Another time I was going down the freeway and noticed a porche on my butt so I punched it then changed lanes to take an exit and he came alongside and gave me a thumbs up. (I think I spelled porche wrong. Oh well)
Old 06-21-2014, 11:33 AM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Stopped a diner in a small town and of course asked to sit near a window so I could view the C7 while eating. Dads and their kids leaving the diner would walk over to it and walk around it in amazement. Some would take pix.
As I was leaving a father and son were walking around it. I looked at the kid, about 8 yrs old and asked him if he wanted to sit in it.
The father, said yes. I openned the door and the father jumped in!!!!
Of course I laughed and said "ok, now its his turn" motioning to his son!
At a gas station in NJ the attendant kept saying wow and asked if it was the only one like it in the world.
Stopped at a car show featuring pre-WWII cars. Took me almost an hour before I could finally get out of the parking lot and see the show there were so many asking about the Vette. Several asked if it cost me over $100K. When I said it lists for mid 50's they did not believe me.
All the above happened in the last few weeks....

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 06-21-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:39 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

In the 18 months that we have lived in our new house I've met 2 of our neighbors.

Since buying the car 2 months ago and washing it every Saturday morning in the driveway I think I've met the entire neighborhood.

Get notified of new replies

To Best compliment to date

Old 06-21-2014, 12:28 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

After seeing a Ferrari F12 in person at the dealer, I agree it looks nothing like the C7. If they look alike in pictures it's likely due to the happy grin they share, except the C7 has a teenage retainer.

A little late, but and
Old 06-21-2014, 12:52 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by chas70
(I think I spelled porche wrong. Oh well)
Porsche.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:06 PM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

So this guy leans out his truck window and hollers "HOLY SH*T" at the top of his lungs.

Quick Reply: Best compliment to date