Sponsored by:

Why drop orange for their C7 colors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 07:47 PM
Orange05_C6
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
It was announced by Harlan Charles at the bash this morning; I was there and heard it with my own ears. It will be called Daytona Sunrise (not Sunset) Orange Metallic. I spoke with Harlan one-on-one afterward and he told me that it will be somewhat lighter and brighter than the former DSOM.
If it is lighter than sunset orange I will for sure buy one and wait for the 2015!!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:39 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Can't wait to see it in person. I am so jazzed, I called my dealer and told them when they get info on the 2015 to get me on the list.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orange05_C6
Why did they drop orange, especially atomic orange? I've heard some rumors about them bringing it back for 2015. I would buy one for sure!
wheels on the first car would make even an orange car look good. hre guy: can you tell the model and finish via pm please?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:36 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Daytona Sunrise Metallic Orange, Brownstone Interior, YEAH!, what to choose for wheels... - nice problem to have!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Captain Richard
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Name:  KKdQfqq.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  14.9 KB

OMG HOLY CRAP...you guys don't know how happy I am to hear this.

I decided to play it safe and wait for the 2015 model year C7 , but I was disappointed to hear that orange was still not going to be a color option, even when they announced new colors a few months back.

Whelp...today is just about the best day possible for me since the damn C7 was released period. Good job, GM!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:17 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

I would gladly pay extra for specialty color requests when I step up into my C7. Someone had posted a fluorescent metallic green that really caught my eye. It wouldn't matter how many they sold if the customer paid a premium for the paint. If someone wanted lime green or hugger orange, whatever the colors were, they'd simply make the request, spend the $2000, and everyone is happy. I doubt a massive manufacturer the size of GM is that in tune with their customers, however, but the Corvette could use a bit more in the way of options for customization. Sure, it would probably take a couple weeks longer to produce, but I'd be glad to wait.

And yes, Lime Rock Green is fantastic, and is on my short list of colors. It seems to change colors depending on angle/sunlight, but there is a special place in my heart for Velocity Yellow. It's a shame to hear LRG might be extinct soon.

I think part of the problem is Chevrolet doesn't really offer a true orange. They're either metallic and copper looking or practically red, in my opinion. Give me Hugger Orange back and I'm one happy dude.

Last edited by ProfessorDeath; 04-28-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:40 PM
HumanWiki
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Don't know what's with the IOM hate in some of the posts. I love mine and get compliments on it all the time. I've had more than a few tell me my combo was one of the best they'd ever seen.

Personally, I enjoy being a low volume color. I don't get the clone problem.

Quick Reply: Why drop orange for their C7 colors?