Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleartastic Plus - Awesome Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
WILSON1776
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Cleartastic Plus - Awesome Results!!

Hey, fellow C7 owners, I installed Cleartastic Plus protection on the mirrors of my Cyber Gray Stingray yesterday and they look absolutely awesome! I did change the instructions a little by mixing 3 very small drops of Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo (yes, the "No More Tears" version) with the distilled water. I found the Cleartastic Plus is easy to work with, but a very small amount of J&J Shampoo seemed to make it even easier, AND resulted in very few air bubbles (which were removed with the soft squeegee/final firm squeegee process) - the mirrors are ready for my next car show!

Checkout the two pix that I made of the driver side and the pax side mirrors - AWESOME RESULTS!!
Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Scoobydoobydoo
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 246 Posts

Looks great bud. Where did you get it from ?
Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 AM
WILSON1776
Pro

Originally Posted by Scoobydoobydoo
Looks great bud. Where did you get it from ?
I purchased my "Cleartastic Plus" kit from the folks at Cleartastic. They are Corvette Forum sponsors - you can do a search on the Forum, go to the "Cleartastic" website, or just Google "Cleartastic".

I used the "original" Cleartastic product on my C5s and C6; however, for my new C7, I used their newest product, "Cleartastic Plus"!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:57 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

I too installed this a couple of weeks ago on my C7...I got the behind the wheels and mirror combo kit in the Cleartastic Plus as well...went on very easily, I used distilled water mixed with some old Zaino Z8 I had laying around I LOVE the way it turned out and my friends can't believe it came out so good...
Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,227 Likes on 13,933 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Looks really good - very nice job on the install.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:04 AM
WILSON1776
Pro

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Looks really good - very nice job on the install.

I was very pleased with the results - THANKS!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Cleartastic
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05, '15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by WILSON1776
Hey, fellow C7 owners, I installed Cleartastic Plus protection on the mirrors of my Cyber Gray Stingray yesterday and they look absolutely awesome! I did change the instructions a little by mixing 3 very small drops of Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo (yes, the "No More Tears" version) with the distilled water. I found the Cleartastic Plus is easy to work with, but a very small amount of J&J Shampoo seemed to make it even easier, AND resulted in very few air bubbles (which were removed with the soft squeegee/final firm squeegee process) - the mirrors are ready for my next car show!

Checkout the two pix that I made of the driver side and the pax side mirrors - AWESOME RESULTS!!
Lookin good sir! Yes the J&J works real well on the Plus film. I think we might add that to the instructions.. Thank you for your business. Thank you for the kind words and for posting them too!

Originally Posted by Nyvetteguy007
I too installed this a couple of weeks ago on my C7...I got the behind the wheels and mirror combo kit in the Cleartastic Plus as well...went on very easily, I used distilled water mixed with some old Zaino Z8 I had laying around I LOVE the way it turned out and my friends can't believe it came out so good...
Awesome! Glad we could help protect your baby!
Funny you mentioned Zaino... I'm curious as to what made you try that....
Many, many years ago, when we just sold the original Cleartastic (with no adhesive) Somebody here on the forum made a mixture of distilled water and...I think Z6 ( I forgot what the ratio was..) Anyway Outstanding results!
To the point where, nobody followed my directions. Everyone was doing this persons method

Ed
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 AM
doneski
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of ordering this... However you are mixing distillers water with jj??? Where do you out this mixture and where did you get the squeegee from?
Old 04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
WILSON1776
Pro

Originally Posted by doneski
I am thinking of ordering this... However you are mixing distillers water with jj??? Where do you out this mixture and where did you get the squeegee from?
Hi,

I purchased a small bottle (travel size) of J&J Shampoo, a small size squeegee (great for the mirrors), distilled water, and a 32oz plastic spray bottle from Walmart. Then, make your own mix - I used only 3 small drops of the J&J with the distilled water. You need very little J&J (or, Dawn/Joy soap)...don't shake-up the bottle because you don't want a bottle of suds! After adding the J&J, just rock the bottle in a 180 degree motion a few times to the mix the two liquids. PATIENCE-PATIENCE-PATIENCE during the application process.... Good luck!!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 PM
thebiglittledog
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

how long did it take to apply the kit?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:26 PM
WILSON1776
Pro

Originally Posted by thebiglittledog
how long did it take to apply the kit?
I'm retired, retired...so, I really don't keep track of my time any more! However, I thoroughly washed both mirrors, allowed time for them to fully dry, wiped them down with Isopropyl (70% alcohol), and then followed the application process (except I used the J&J Shampoo). I live in Florida and the outside air temperature was 78 degrees with a partly cloudy sky, and very light wind conditions. With all of that said, I would estimate that it took me a couple of hours for the mirrors... again, PATIENCE-PATIENCE-PATIENCE!!!

I have used the "original" Cleartastic product on several of my other Vettes, but this was my first experience with their new product with a "mild adhesive" - Cleartastic Plus....

Get notified of new replies

To Cleartastic Plus - Awesome Results!!

Quick Reply: Cleartastic Plus - Awesome Results!!