C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So you think your nit-picky C7 problems are important?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Guy needs to buy a Corvette. C7.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:01 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
He is Australian-glad he got a new car out of the deal. Someone should suggest he get a C7.
actually, gm should have suggested that. they could have gratuitously sent him one, and ask him if theirs worked any better. $65k car, for the best marketing play in their history.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:29 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speednet
I'm getting kinda tired hearing all the little nit-picky problems people are reporting with their C7. Like, "sometimes I need to press down to close the trunk lid," or "when I twist my knee in an awkward position, I can accidentally hit the door release button."

If you want to understand what real problems are with a car, check out this video from a Porsche 911 owner.

Maybe you will understand the depths of problems that other car owners are experiencing, and you'll appreciate what a great job Chevrolet has done with the C7.

three things: 1) this is the low end of the 911 line, probably without upgrades its not much more than a C7, particularly if C7 has upgrades; 2) once in a while, you get a car that has problems--except for those few that are actually well made (rolls, ferarri, bugatti)--stuff happens; 3) lets not rule out the possibility that this was staged by the producer, to get recognition for themselves [there is no cross checking here to confirm that these things actually happened. we have the word of a media person vs. a car producer that has justifiably an excellent record overall, for many years]; 4) i certainly would not put it past any major U.S. company to stage this themselves, to make the competition look bad--and the porsche is the major competitor of corvette.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:55 AM
Gr8ful
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doufuss, what you are suggesting is really a stretch. Possible but not probable. The "S" is not a low end model and he did say he had ordered many options. I don't think GM would go to all the trouble making these media events just to make owners feel better about their C7s and they already do sell all they make.
My lousy $.02 worth.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by thedofuss
actually, gm should have suggested that. they could have gratuitously sent him one, and ask him if theirs worked any better. $65k car, for the best marketing play in their history.
This.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:17 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did GM buy back SpyMasters C7 before he won the golden ticket?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta admit the fit and finish is there alright.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

The gentleman who had the problems with his 911 clearly stated that he had been negotiating with Porsche before he posted the videos, but was not pleased with their offers. He also stated that he was "happy to own one ... delighted with the car ... when it was problem free," and that his was a "one off car ... an extraordinary case ... not a regular occurrence ...." and that he did not intend to smear Porsche's name. He also stated that he got lots of help from other Porsche owners through two named Porsche forums.

I know Porsche bashing is popular here, but I personally don't see how this contributes anything to the sharing of information and enthusiasm for the C7. There are lemons in every car brand, including the Corvette, so this case ... while interesting and humorous ... is unique only in the fact that social media apparently helped resolve it to the satisfaction of the car's owner.

Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but I do not bash any brand of car ... or the people who own them. I'm a car enthusiast and have been since I was a kid ... many, many years ago. I've owned and driven lots of sports and high performance cars over the years, including three Vettes, and hope to experience many more before that old clutch foot gives out.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a golf buddy who had similar problems with his S-class Mercedes. He wrote a letter to them detailing the problems and how this was unacceptable in a $100K automobile and Mercedes offered to either refund his money or provide a replacement car. A week later an enclosed transport delivered an identical replacement car to my friend's home, and Mercedes gave him ~$1800 for his troubles. That's customer service.

Quick Reply: So you think your nit-picky C7 problems are important?