Sponsored by:

When will museum contact me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:18 PM
ProudZowner
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 34 Posts

Default When will museum contact me?

I did a search, but really did not find a good answer.
I have a TPW of 4/28
When can I expect the museum to contact me with some dates to choose? Email or thru the dealer? Just trying to plan ahead.
Thanks to all.
Wally
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Your earliest delivery date will be 2 weeks after your car is actually built. They will contact you once your car has actually been built. Your dealer should have had you fill out the NCM Delivery Acknowledgement Form. Assuming you have done that, they have your phone numbers and email address and what you want on your NCM Dash Plaque.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM
ProudZowner
Instructor

Default Thanks

I appreciate the answer. Yes, I did fill out that form. I just did not know the sequence.

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Your earliest delivery date will be 2 weeks after your car is actually built. They will contact you once your car has actually been built. Your dealer should have had you fill out the NCM Delivery Acknowledgement Form. Assuming you have done that, they have your phone numbers and email address and what you want on your NCM Dash Plaque.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:33 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by ProudZowner
I did a search, but really did not find a good answer.
I have a TPW of 4/28
When can I expect the museum to contact me with some dates to choose? Email or thru the dealer? Just trying to plan ahead.
Thanks to all.
Wally
I'm in the same 4/28 and NCM "boat" . The NCM (Chris?) called to ask what I wanted on the plaque earlier this week. I already sent that form to Rick Conti on ~4/2 so maybe this was just a verification call. He said that the museum would call approx 2 weeks prior to the actual build DAY (according to Chris?). And then there is of course the ~2wk hold over at the plant before delivery to the museum. He said they generally set up delivery within several days as they don't have much space on site.

From the NCM website:
The Communications: After a TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK has been established, the National Corvette Museum will contact the selling dealer and/or the customer and offer a reasonable time frame in which the customer can choose a date for delivery. This contact will normally occur approximately two weeks prior to the TARGET PRODUCTION WEEK allowing ample time for the customer to make travel arrangements. The Museum will confirm the date, agreed upon by customer, in writing and will handle all further communications. If at any time the selling dealer and/or customer should have any questions regarding the delivery, they may contact the Museum at 1-800-205-4248.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
gregd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate the answer. Yes, I did fill out that form. I just did not know the sequence.
Two WEEKS?!?!?!?!? WAITING??? Just sitting in a cold holding bay at the factory when it could be in the hands of its warm, caring adoptive parents???
Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gregd
Two WEEKS?!?!?!?!? WAITING??? Just sitting in a cold holding bay at the factory when it could be in the hands of its warm, caring adoptive parents???
Its only cold if its cold outside.....she'll be parked out in a huge parking lot with lots of brothers and sisters.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

They contacted me the day mine rolled off the line.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by teejake
They contacted me the day mine rolled off the line.
How many days after that were you able to pick it up?

- thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM
ProudZowner
Instructor

Default May 15 is the big day.

Called Shane at the museum to check on things and he went ahead and scheduled me for delivery on May 15 at 0745.

That was the second date available. The first was May 14.

Smooth transaction. Just wondering how long I might have waited if I hadn't initiated the call.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:43 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticWhiteZ51
How many days after that were you able to pick it up?

- thanks
Earliest is two weeks, it was four in my case due to my schedule
Old 04-19-2014, 11:22 AM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Called Shane at the museum to check on things and he went ahead and scheduled me for delivery on May 15 at 0745.

That was the second date available. The first was May 14.

Smooth transaction. Just wondering how long I might have waited if I hadn't initiated the call.
He called me late yesterday and I took the 14th early AM slot.....which is exactly 2wks from the day he says its going to roll off the line.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:39 AM
DocGuy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by gregd
According to Lori, NCM deliveries stay in the Plant for 2-3 days after the build day. Then they are sent to the NCM, where they are preped and set out for display. The two period is to ensure they are ready for you when you are coming to pick it up.

IMO they could shorten it, but you would most certainly loose the quality of the personalized (and well planned) delivery. For me I like the ability for me to plan my trip as well as the Museum to plan the delivery. Two weeks seems perfect!

Just my opinion...
Old 04-19-2014, 11:41 AM
sdcnews
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 13 Posts

Default museum delifvery

I emailed Shane when I was in your spot and that got the process started. I also recommend the 7:45 time. Also, try to get there a day ahead and visit the museum. You can do your shopping and also line up your questions for when you have the personal tour. Your car will probably be on display so you can also start to check it out.

I'm sure you will find the whole experience well worth it.

Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To When will museum contact me?

Quick Reply: When will museum contact me?