My New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:37 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Npp

Originally Posted by Patriot77
Iam getting the $1,195 NPP system but just can't justify in my mind after spending the money for the upgrade to then "throw out" the system and put in a different system and probably spend twice as much again in the process. Seems kinda like a waste of good money to me. But to each his own. I would rather spend that money on side skirts or a splitter I guess.
I ordered the NPP as well and it is a great system. You should be very happy with it. I was for a while, but just wanted something different in sound and looks. So I went for it. Like the splitter and skirts too. Hope those are next for me.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:43 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Default Burble and popping

Originally Posted by USAF
No Burbble or popping?

Strange.

That's the best part on my C-6

USAF
It has some burble on deceleration, but little popping. My C5 had a lot of this because I chose to keep the H pipe. I will miss it some, but not enough to go back to a C5.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:43 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Dang that sounds good. I have Corsa's on my Z and love them. How loud are the Extremes, you pissing off the neighbors???
Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Default Still there

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
The V4 exhaust valve is still there right?
Yes, they retain the valve ahead of the muffler for the V 4 mode. It is whisper quite when in 4 cylinder mode. They do not retain the valves after the muffler.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:53 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Default Touring mode

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
That sounds great! Will the valves close when in touring mode, etc. like on the NPP?
No, the valves after the mufflers are removed. Corsa relies on its
Patented RSC technology to provide a quite ride in cruise and it works well.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:56 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Default Loud

Originally Posted by dovervold
Dang that sounds good. I have Corsa's on my Z and love them. How loud are the Extremes, you pissing off the neighbors???
Pretty loud. Not pissing off the neighbors, but my wife opens the garage door and frowns at me every time it feel inclined to make some noise.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:30 PM
FASTARNIE
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corsa sound

Originally Posted by nassuabluec5
Earlier this week I stated that Corsa was currently working to finish their system for the Stingray. I knew this because they had my car this week to finish the validation of their system. I picked my car up today and I am "Xtreme"ly satisfied with the results. A great aggressive sound when I want and no drone at highway crushing speeds. Just like Corsa is suppose to work. My car was formerly a NPP car and this is a great system from the factory. I was concerned that I would regret trading up to an aftermarket system. I have no regrets at all. I much rather modulate my exhaust sound via my throttle foot than a switch on the console. The system on my car is their Xtreme System with 4.5" Diamond Black Tips. Great look and sound. I will try to post a video, but here is the YouTube link in case I get it wrong.

http://youtu.be/aaif0j2KSFA

Sorry for the quality, but I am not an expert. Corsa will publish theirs soon and production will start soon as well.
SOUNDS GREAT......are you sure their is no DRONE inside the car when you excellerate or run at 65+MPH?? THANKS
Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Default No drone

Originally Posted by FASTARNIE
SOUNDS GREAT......are you sure their is no DRONE inside the car when you excellerate or run at 65+MPH?? THANKS
I had about 185 mile trip home from Corsa, most of which was highway driving 55 to 70 MPH posted. In my automatic equipped car their is no exhaust sound in 4 cylinder mode and in 8 cylinder their is only a slight noise with a little more volume under light load (slight incline). When accelerating it comes alive. I have over 200 miles with the system and on my car it does not drone. I am familiar with drone as I had another brands system on my C5 and I loved except for the drone. I will say that the transition from 4 to 8 is more noticeable. If you are ever in my area, I would be happy to take a fellow Stingray owner for a demo ride.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:46 PM
RedCarrot
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds amazing. Congrats on the system.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:31 PM
nassuabluec5
Advanced

Took the Stingray to a local show last evening and the new exhaust was a big hit. I took some video from inside the car while a friend took it for a spin. Not able to post now, but will try to post in tomorrow.
Bud's Chevrolet Corvette show on May 10th, maybe I will see some of you there.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Took the Stingray to a local show last evening and the new exhaust was a big hit. I took some video from inside the car while a friend took it for a spin. Not able to post now, but will try to post in tomorrow.
Bud's Chevrolet Corvette show on May 10th, maybe I will see some of you there.
I may make a run down to Bud's in May...provided it doesn't snow!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Edward Weaver
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered the NPP as well and it is a great system. You should be very happy with it. I was for a while, but just wanted something different in sound and looks. So I went for it. Like the splitter and skirts too. Hope those are next for me.
Since you already had the NPP what is the main difference in sound you now have? I do not have the NPP and am considering a better sounding system but do not want it to be noisy when cruising along on the interstate.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:11 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

Also, is it louder at idle? I have npp and I think it is just darn too quiet at idle or when cruising around. Npp sound great at WOT, but how often do you do that? I just want to enjoy some more oomph while cruising around town.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It does sound great, congrats
Old 04-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Elleby13
Racer

in for more videos!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by vincent_esq
Also, is it louder at idle? I have npp and I think it is just darn too quiet at idle or when cruising around. Npp sound great at WOT, but how often do you do that? I just want to enjoy some more oomph while cruising around town.
I'm going to assume from looking at the C7 NPP that it can't be propped open like the C6's NPP with the little collars around the actuator slides. If they can, OP may tell us but it looks like a closed unit per exhaust pipe. I did think I read that some of the driving modes allow for low speed growl---is that correct?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great...put the npp up for sale in C7 for parts sale section they will go like hot cakes

Last edited by vetehead; 04-15-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To My New Exhaust

Old 04-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Rather than just revving it in a garage, I'd like to hear it from the open window of another car riding along side as it accelerates through the RPM band and shifts under a load up to a good speed through several gears . Can you do that and another post?
Thanks
Earlier this week I stated that Corsa was currently working to finish their system for the Stingray. I knew this because they had my car this week to finish the validation of their system. I picked my car up today and I am "Xtreme"ly satisfied with the results. A great aggressive sound when I want and no drone at highway crushing speeds. Just like Corsa is suppose to work. My car was formerly a NPP car and this is a great system from the factory. I was concerned that I would regret trading up to an aftermarket system. I have no regrets at all. I much rather modulate my exhaust sound via my throttle foot than a switch on the console. The system on my car is their Xtreme System with 4.5" Diamond Black Tips. Great look and sound. I will try to post a video, but here is the YouTube link in case I get it wrong.

http://youtu.be/aaif0j2KSFA

Sorry for the quality, but I am not an expert. Corsa will publish theirs soon and production will start soon as well.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,162 Likes on 5,988 Posts

In for more videos... I've had the Corsa Extremes on an old C5 and loved them. If the car is truly quiet at cruise and loud at WOT I may save the money on the NPP system.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM
IndyBlue
Instructor

Sounds Great!

Quick Reply: My New Exhaust