C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: MSRC or not MSRC
I don't think MSRC is a must have and can take it or leave it.
28.17%
I think MSCR is a must have.
71.83%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

MSRC or not MSRC

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Default MSRC or not MSRC

I've been searching/reading the threads pertaining to MSRC and what people think about it.
Some want it, some don't want it, and some could take it or leave it.
Aside from that, the most interesting thing, at least to me, is not very many seem to know what and why it does what it does and the enhancement it offers to the handling of the vehicle.
It seems most think all it does is make the ride softer or stiffer.
I'm interested in getting a C7 with MSRC at some point but do not want the Z51 option in order to get the MRC option.
I'm not interested in MSRC solely because if offers a less harsh ride even though it is one of the benefits.
I'm interested in having MSRC on my next Vette because of the overall enhancement it offers to the handling.
I personally think it is a must have
Old 04-11-2014, 10:45 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yeah, many were disappointed that it wasn't offered on the non Z51 but......maybe it will be for 2015. We'll find out in a couple weeks at the Bash.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

It is definitely worth it. I am surprised how much different each mode is. A fast corner in track mode is a blast. I might not have ordered it but this car had it on it. It will be a must have next time.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think its a must have. I have felt this way since I had it 11 years ago. And its only been enhanced since then. I was shocked when I found out the Z51 was needed in order to get the suspension package on the C7. I would like to hear Chevrolets reasoning as to why they did this. But, they wont say a thing...
Old 04-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulB
I think its a must have. I have felt this way since I had it 11 years ago. And its only been enhanced since then. I was shocked when I found out the Z51 was needed in order to get the suspension package on the C7. I would like to hear Chevrolets reasoning as to why they did this. But, they wont say a thing...
my 09 is my 1st Corvette and knew I wanted the MRC before buying it.
Why is wasn't offered as a stand alone option for the 1st year C7 is anyone's guess.
I imagine it will be offered without having to get Z51 at some point though
Old 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
bikevette
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dif
my 09 is my 1st Corvette and knew I wanted the MRC before buying it.
Why is wasn't offered as a stand alone option for the 1st year C7 is anyone's guess.
I imagine it will be offered without having to get Z51 at some point though
Will someone please explain what the relationship is between the five different driving modes and msrc? The way I understand it is that without msrc you can still toggle through the five different modes, but each of the modes will behave differently/enhanced with msrc?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WingCon
Will someone please explain what the relationship is between the five different driving modes and msrc? The way I understand it is that without msrc you can still toggle through the five different modes, but each of the modes will behave differently/enhanced with msrc?
MSRC allows the suspension settings to change according to the driving mode. Weather, ECO and tour are a softer more forgiving ride than Sport mode where as Track mode turns the cars suspension to something more akin to a go kart. MSRC adds a whole other dimension to how the car responds to the mode selector. Without MSRC, you suspension doesn't change. It's equally as stiff (Z51) or equally as soft (non Z51) in every mode.

Last edited by slief; 05-05-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:36 PM
techshooter
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WingCon
I only have 2600 miles on my M7 Z51 with MSRC and NPP, but I can tell you that the mode control changes the car completely. The difference between tour, sport, and track are completely apparent, and the overall change is night and day. In tour it rides like a good European sedan, and in track it is planted and very intimate with the pavement. Everything changes, ride stiffness/damping, steering feel, throttle response, and exhaust tone and volume. It is simply the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever driven, and being able to dial in the experience you want in less than 5 seconds is incredible. I have yet to test the 5 sub-modes of traction control in Track mode, and have been using it in the default setting when in Track mode. Also, as far as I can tell weather and eco modes feel identical to tour. I have not driven it in slippery conditions, so I can't say if the stability control is very different in weather mode. But, in the past week since delivery at the NCM I have had the opportunity to drive it in a very spirited manner on some great mountain roads, and can really appreciate the sport and track modes. Around suburban areas, sport is great for having a bit of fun, especially the exhaust tone. On a long trip on the freeway, tour mode is fantastic. The level of sophistication in the controls software on this vehicle is beyond impressive, kudos to the GM design team. In my opinion, NPP and Z51/MSRC are must have options.

Chris
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I think the MSRC was just recently announced to be standard equip on the new Z06. I just think its that important of an option on a performance vehicle....

Get notified of new replies

To MSRC or not MSRC

Quick Reply: MSRC or not MSRC