Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
Of course, it's Texas. Shoot somebody.
It's a friggen car. If you can't emotionally deal deal with it being out in the world, leave it in the garage. At least the guy didn't hit it and drive away! Manure occurs.

That said, I think it was pretty stupid of the Nissan owner to leave it touching. Had he moved it 5", the OP wouldn't have ever known the difference.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

The very same thing happened to me with my Silver Blade 08 C6. Older woman driving a minivan with bumper scrapes all over the front end parked on top of my Corvette's nose, EXACTLY like the OP's post. She denied it in front of the cops, God and everyone. I had pictures, eyewitnesses -- didn't matter. End result was a small crack in the front bumper. Barely noticeable to anyone EXCEPT me. The car was fixed before I sold it but I'm still Pee-o'ed about it. And like the OP, she never offered an apology.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

People just dont care, period. Its hard to drive anything nice these days, between parking lots and things flying off of cars and trucks on the highway its like a battlefield if you care about your car.

If you drove a rattle can camo'd 79 F150 no one would park within 100' of it, drive a nice anything thats clean and you care about and it will attract every close-parker and door-swinger within miles.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 AM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pmata0630
Well I for sure called the cops and had them come out to check the car, especially as I moved it away. They guy that owned that car worked in the building across the street and came out when he saw 2 cops cars. I kept my cool...being that this is my Friday and I didn't feel like sitting in jail....but he tried to tell the cops, he was just close. The cop looked him square in the eye and told him, his car was backed into mine. The cop checked, and I checked and checked 4 more times, looks like I got lucky and got away with no damage....he got lucky too.... Time for a new parking space hunt....
Yea and it was a Sorry *** $9999.00 Sentra

america's cheapest car

I would have told the guy ..."Nice *******" please park by all the wrecks
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Newstingray
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hit by a runaway shopping cart and the women that let it runaway brushed it of like nothing happened. I was lucky no damage.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

There are a lot of careless people that back up way too close to start with, then they don't realize that when the put it into PARK, it is going to roll back enough to bump the next car.
Now, I shop for parking spaces that not only have room on the side, but also where no one can park in front of me.

At least they did not put a trailer hitch through the grille, like on one of my other cars.
They even had the nerve to write a note and put it on the wiper, with a fake phone number!

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 03-20-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Charlie M
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rent a U-Haul tomorrow and pay back time for the Datsun.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
pmata0630
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlueOx
It's a friggen car. If you can't emotionally deal deal with it being out in the world, leave it in the garage. At least the guy didn't hit it and drive away! Manure occurs.

That said, I think it was pretty stupid of the Nissan owner to leave it touching. Had he moved it 5", the OP wouldn't have ever known the difference.
Yes it is a car, and this has nothing to do with it being out in the world. There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. I understand things happen, like the rock that chipped my windshield 3 miles outside of the Corvette Museum, those are accidents that really couldn't be prevented. The ignorance of this driver is a whole nother level.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:36 AM
pmata0630
Instructor

Thanks everyone, you really made my day better, especially that thing about parking the kids lol had me rofl!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

If I didn't have a garage, I wouldn't have purchased my C7. People just don't give a crap and I care too much about my cars in general. I am not saying you need a garage, I am just saying that as long as you park out in the wild with the general population, these things have to be expected. This is why I hate people.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Yes it is a car, and this has nothing to do with it being out in the world. There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. I understand things happen, like the rock that chipped my windshield 3 miles outside of the Corvette Museum, those are accidents that really couldn't be prevented. The ignorance of this driver is a whole nother level.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Vette_It_be
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude you should have kicked his *** right then and there. You should have announced your presence with authority and taught that ******* a lesson. He needed to be enlighten so he doesn't do that again to someone else.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by chiefttp
... Our Vettes sit low to the ground and when this guy backed into the spot I guarantee you he couldn't tell how close that nose is because its out of his view .... In the future I'm sure you'll park it in an area where this won't happen. ....
Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
.... I shop for parking spaces that not only have room on the side, but also where no one can park in front of me. ....
The number of lame posts in some of these threads, like smash the guy's teeth out or smash his car, never ceases to amaze me.

As chiefttp states, people probably do care but can't see the low noses of our cars. The rule any experienced and thinking Corvette owner is to find a good parking spot: one that minimizes the chance of the flanks getting dinged, and one that absolutely, positively eliminates any chance of another car accidentally hitting the nose of our cars. That means parking along the outside perimeter of any parking lot, then pulling into that space. That leaves the more visible rear end for other drivers to see.

The OP handled it well, and I'm glad there was no damage.

Last edited by jackhall99; 03-20-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM
pmata0630
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
If I didn't have a garage, I wouldn't have purchased my C7. People just don't give a crap and I care too much about my cars in general. I am not saying you need a garage, I am just saying that as long as you park out in the wild with the general population, these things have to be expected. This is why I hate people.
Yeah I agree. I have mine garaged when I'm not at work, or out and about. Which now a days, wifey wants to take the Vette everywhere, and of course I aint complaining Going to take her to get tinting and Xpel put on tomorrow in Dallas. Tinting by Tritek in Garland, and the Xpel by one of our forum members that goes by Texas_Venom. Pics to come soon after.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Well I for sure called the cops and had them come out to check the car, especially as I moved it away. They guy that owned that car worked in the building across the street and came out when he saw 2 cops cars. I kept my cool...being that this is my Friday and I didn't feel like sitting in jail....but he tried to tell the cops, he was just close. The cop looked him square in the eye and told him, his car was backed into mine. The cop checked, and I checked and checked 4 more times, looks like I got lucky and got away with no damage....he got lucky too.... Time for a new parking space hunt....
VERY glad to hear there was no damage. That A-hole would be on my Sh** list from now on. I'm glad the cops showed up and took it seriously. What a jerk.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:44 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vette_It_be
Dude you should have kicked his *** right then and there. You should have announced your presence with authority and taught that ******* a lesson. He needed to be enlighten so he doesn't do that again to someone else.
Kicking his ***? With the police there? The OP was smarter than that.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

its a car but but come on why would someone even do anything like that/ what is the purpose? then people get mad when you have to knock them out for their own stupidity.

Get notified of new replies

To Seriously?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:48 AM
pmata0630
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
VERY glad to hear there was no damage. That A-hole would be on my Sh** list from now on. I'm glad the cops showed up and took it seriously. What a jerk.
Its funny because after all that got cleared up, the cops wanted to look at it and asked some questions about the ride and how fast Ive gotten it to so far...of course I answered 75.....those sneaky copninjas
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM
JW-C7
Instructor

I was waiting for you to say "So I reversed back, there was no damage to my car, but I stomped off his bumper and left it on the ground"

I think for everyone because the car is so new it stings so much more. People on here chirp and say "It's just a car" I don't understand that. No one wants any of their possessions to be damaged because of some thoughtless idiot.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

... There's a difference between manure happening and this crap. He had 3 feet of parking space in front of him with no other cars there, no reason to back up as far as he did. ....
Friendly tip: Read my post #31 for "Parking a Corvette 101". Take it from me (or not) after being around low sports cars and several Corvettes for 47 years.

Quick Reply: Seriously?