C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:27 PM
epicvet
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulation on your C7. If I were you, I'd take Vincent's advice and buy the carbon fiber dash then invite him over to install it. He knows what he's doing!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:44 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nothing better than seeing an American flag. When our boat was adrift on the China Sea for three days, an American tanker spotted us and rescued us. Any other nation flag....who knows. Any immigrant can tell you...America is the land of opportunity..if one uses the opportunity wisely. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Originally Posted by NSC5
Perhaps I am reading too much into the original poster's comments but I think part of what he was expressing was this was the first time it really hit him how proud he is to be part of the USA. For many people born here it takes a special happening to make them aware just like the C7 triggered that for him. I expect for some people in my part of Central IL it will come from seeing the work of the volunteers from the very small town of Hopedale (population 868) who just put out over 2,000 U.S. flags to honor a fallen local marine who was killed in a flight training exercise in Nevada. Photos attached showing how they even covered rural areas outside of the village.

Also to the OP, I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf coast and quite a few people from S. Vietnam settled there and I dealt with a number of them in my business activities. The work ethic was (and I am sure still is) incredible. One sister teaches the advanced placement courses in a Gulfport elementary school and the majority of the students in this gifted class each year are children of Vietnamese immigrants.

Enjoy the C7 experience!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:52 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Thank you for the warm welcome. For the most part most members on this forum are very cordial. I have learned alot the last three months just browsing the various posts. Funny how some read things without looking at the context and subtle nuances in the entries. I have not posted until now for I just received the car this Wednesday. I have been tracking it impatiently with On Star. Everyday I drive it, I have a greater infinity towards it. Such a beautiful ride. My kids fight each other for the shotgun position.

BTW..thank you for your service. Alot more Vietnamese would have been killed if it weren't for you and your bothers in arms.

Jeez, you post what I considered to be a nice post and you get attacked on your patriotism and sexual orientation. ----ing sad...

I have no use for people who routinely throw around the word gay as an intended insult and derogatory adjective/noun.

Welcome to the forum...

PS: I was stationed in Thailand providing intel for the US effort in Viet Nam.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-22-2014, 12:53 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Thank you...am looking into it. First trying to figure out how to use the infotainment system while driving.

Originally Posted by epicvet
Congratulation on your C7. If I were you, I'd take Vincent's advice and buy the carbon fiber dash then invite him over to install it. He knows what he's doing!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 AM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by epicvet
Hey Don and PN229,
Anytime I can help. If you do not have your dash in yet, Don, let me know. I can drop by and help you out. The whole process should take about 3 hours. I have all the tools already. Of course, your car, you get to do the actual pulling "demolition" of parts, but I will be there to guide and give moral support.

Quick Reply: Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.