Sponsored by:

Dealer difficulty

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 PM
1965rld
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Personally I don't blame them for not taking GMS pricing. Why should they. The car is a profit maker for them.

You want GMS go to Les Stanford. Big volume dealers don't have time for that stuff. They are moving cars and making money. Note when a dealer offers GMS, they have to offer it on ALL cars they sell. No thanks in my book. Employees can go elsewhere (like Stanford who is local to Detroit).

Hats off to MacMulkin for not allowing GMS.
You obviously have some jealousy over GMS pricing. You must not qualify and must have paid MSRP or above for your C7. Not a good financial move in my opinion but to each his own.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by rstrait
About a week after the price increases were announced I went to talk to Rick Conti about ordering a C7 Z51. He said he wasn't taking any orders at the time because it could be until July before delivery. A week later I called him to ask again about ordering and he said he was taking orders and to send him an email specifying options, colors, etc. and he would get back to me that day. After no contact I called the next day and left a message. After a day or two passed with no return call I called and spoke to Rick and he said he was very busy and that there was no hurry in getting an order in at that point and he would get back to me. Before people start telling me what a great buying experience they had buying from Rick all I'm asking is what would you do given these circumstances?
I would document this in a contemporaneously kept log, and send an email CC of it if need be, to remind him of the history to date in ordering a car from him. If he's not taking orders, or placing them, I would trust that your request is in some type of first come, first served ordering basis.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 1965rld
You obviously have some jealousy over GMS pricing. You must not qualify and must have paid MSRP or above for your C7. Not a good financial move in my opinion but to each his own.
I am simply making a point that the dealers OUTSIDE of an area where there are a bunch of GM employees (Detroit--duh) has no reason to offer it.

No I don't qualify for it, would never want to work for GM making what they pay. And got a great deal under MSRP on Z51 from Tommy at MacMulkin.

So again, GMS makes sense for Les, not so much for other dealers.

Make sense now
Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 PM
1965rld
Instructor

I am simply making a point that the dealers OUTSIDE of an area where there are a bunch of GM employees (Detroit--duh) has no reason to offer it.

No I don't qualify for it, would never want to work for GM making what they pay. And got a great deal under MSRP on Z51 from Tommy at MacMulkin.

So again, GMS makes sense for Les, not so much for other dealers.

Make sense now
First - I don't work for GM. I qualify for GM supplier discount because I'm a member of a specific Credit union.
Second - MacMulkin only offers a $1000 below MSRP off a Z51 and that's not much.
Third - You shouldn't bash GM employee pay as I'm sure there are many on this forum.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:37 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

First - I don't work for GM. I qualify for GM supplier discount because I'm a member of a specific Credit union.
Second - MacMulkin only offers a $1000 below MSRP off a Z51 and that's not much.

<< Well then why are you complaining about GMS (GO READ YOUR POST). Do YOU know the difference between the two? Obviously not since you brought it up complaining about GMS.

<< Sorry your negotiation skills aren't as great as some others who got MUCH more off
Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
1965rld
Instructor

<< Well then why are you complaining about GMS (GO READ YOUR POST). Do YOU know the difference between the two? Obviously not since you brought it up complaining about GMS.

<< Sorry your negotiation skills aren't as great as some others who got MUCH more off
GMS - General Motors Supplier
GME - General Motors Employee

It's all you guys that don't know what the Acronyms mean.

I've been in contact with Tommy, I call him back and tell him I want the same discount you got from him. Since you got more than $1000.00 he will either lie to me or tell me your discount was honor it for me as well.

BTW....you are GREAT to banter with on the forum. I bet you would be fun to hang out with, talk cars and drink a beer. You ever make it over to ATL GA. let me know. Well go have a beer and I'll buy. And "NO" i'm not asking you out on a date. I'm not that way so don't get any ideas. LOL!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Fastdart69
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with Rick has been very positive so far. I sent him an e-mail on Saturday morning early, the last day of his special pricing. I didn't hear back from him and finally called him early one morning the next week. He answered his phone, he looked up my e-mail and we discussed my order. That same afternoon I received a confirmation from him that the car had been ordered along with a .pdf file with the order information and number. He's obviously a busy guy but was very courteous on the phone and my car is on order. Sometimes you have to be persistent and follow-up to get what you want.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

My understanding is that he flat-out refuses to do them. Does anyone here know why?[/QUOTE]

He felt it was too much risk for him. I guess if he has enough demand he can pick and choose who he wants to sell a car to. Fortunately, the buyer can choose who they want to buy a car FROM and Criswell had no issues with a drop ship.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

GMS - General Motors Supplier
GME - General Motors Employee

It's all you guys that don't know what the Acronyms mean.

I've been in contact with Tommy, I call him back and tell him I want the same discount you got from him. Since you got more than $1000.00 he will either lie to me or tell me your discount was honor it for me as well.

BTW....you are GREAT to banter with on the forum. I bet you would be fun to hang out with, talk cars and drink a beer. You ever make it over to ATL GA. let me know. Well go have a beer and I'll buy. And "NO" i'm not asking you out on a date. I'm not that way so don't get any ideas. LOL!!!
Ok, do you want to insert your foot in mouth NOW or apologize NOW. I think YOU need to learn what the difference is. Please tell Tommy hello for me! And Atlanta is not high on my visit list, however have to fly in there for the Master's next month, and will drive my happy as$ to Augusta:

GMS (General Motors Stock) is for employee's of General Motors including employees of dealerships

GM Supplier is for people that work for companies that supply GM with services, i.e. UPS, Halliburton.

GMS IS NOT SUPPLIER PRICING!! Got it?

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-20-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
1965rld
Instructor

Ok, do you want to insert your foot in mouth NOW or apologize NOW. I think YOU need to learn what the difference is. Please tell Tommy hello for me! And I hate Atlanta, however have to fly in there for the Master's next month, and will drive my happy as$ to Augusta:

GMS (General Motors Stock) is for employee's of General Motors including employees of dealerships

GM Supplier is for people that work for companies that supply GM with services, i.e. UPS, Halliburton.

GMS IS NOT SUPPLIER PRICING!! Got it?
Okay go look it up on GM Family First. Anyway, this conversation is working you out I can see. I'll tell Tommy Hi when I call him for you. I will say if I don't get that mysterious "GREAT DEAL" he gave you I'm gonna boycott MacMulkin from the list. You must really be "SPECIAL" for Tommy to magically give you a better discount. Is your money worth more than anyone else. If you have a secret to negotiations then you should tell us all on the forum so we can all benefit. Wait maybe you want to be the "SPECIAL" one of the group.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

. Wait maybe you want to be the "SPECIAL" one of the group.
Okay, this coming from someone who just said:

"It's all you guys that don't know what the Acronyms mean."

YOU clearly don't know YOUR acronyms.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM
1965rld
Instructor

Okay, this coming from someone who just said:

"It's all you guys that don't know what the Acronyms mean."

YOU clearly don't know YOUR acronyms.

I see you clearly do not want to address the discount question. I'll bet you really didn't get that great of discount and you are mad because you paid too much. Don't go down that path that money is no object. That's the way people always go when they pay too much for something. Even the "RICH" like to save money.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:22 PM
DocGuy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Art-2008
My experiences with Les Stanford have been 100% positive.

Ordered Z51 Coupe on 2/12, they Emailed me today that it has been built and included my VIN.

I checked the GM tracker and it is already enroute to the dealer.

I am protected against the price increase.

When GM employee pricing (which I qualify for) was announced, they advised that they would honor GM pricing on my order.

I STRONGLY recommend Les Stanford Chevrolet and my salesman James Fillmore; Cell 313-608-8547, Office 313-724-1416.

They have a lot of Corvette allocations including Z-51's.

Good Luck............................Art:thum bs:
Old 03-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
Were you discussing a custom order that would be drop shipped to your local dealer? I don't think Rick likes doing drop ships.
As a customer, I really don't give a flip what a salesperson likes or doesn't like. If they don't like something, I'll take my business to another dealer. Have you noticed that Rick the salesman hasn't responded to any of the posts? That tells me to go someplace else.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Even the "RICH" like to save money.
Yep, and that's why I saved plenty.

If you're angry you don't have great negotiation skills then I'm sorry.

First you come on calling me a liar that I don't know acronyms for discounts--I proved you WRONG.

Now you're angry you didn't get a good discount. Sure sorry. Spend years running a company and you'll learn some good negotiation skills. Take care troll.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-20-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 PM
1965rld
Instructor

Yep, and that's why I saved plenty. Now go away little flea

If you're angry you don't have great negotiation skills then I'm sorry.

First you come on calling me a liar that I don't know acronyms for discounts--I proved you WRONG.

Now you're angry you didn't get a good discount. Sure sorry. Spend years running a company and you'll learn some good negotiation skills. Take care troll.
I'm not angry in the least. I'm buying at supplier discount or better.
Little Flea - is that the best you got?
I did not call you a liar but if the shoe fits then wear it.
You are a "PIECE OF WORK"
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruncher
As Have you noticed that Rick the salesman hasn't responded to any of the posts? That tells me to go someplace else.
It might just be that Rick is too busy trying to do a great job for his customers to have time to be on the forum today. Did you consider that possibility?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer difficulty

Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM
1965rld
Instructor

Originally Posted by mpuzach
It might just be that Rick is too busy trying to do a great job for his customers to have time to be on the forum today. Did you consider that possibility?
I heard rumor that Rick got in trouble for talking about the price increase. Other people I talked to (dealers) were not happy with Rick. Maybe he had to leave the forum for awhile.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:43 PM
pittperson
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Without knocking or praising the guy, simple answer, try a different avenue.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

I heard rumor that Rick got in trouble for talking about the price increase. Other people I talked to (dealers) were not happy with Rick. Maybe he had to leave the forum for awhile.
Would you care to document any of this with times/dates and names?

Quick Reply: Dealer difficulty