Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car financing 101... "Need Help!"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understnd the points thing, you could get 75,000 points (min depending on the card) If it was on a flyer card you could get close to 4 domestic flights for buying the car. Then pay it off if you have the cash, I say great idea if they let you do it. (20,000 points a return flight at low time, you get 5000 off for holding the flyer card)
Old 03-16-2014, 02:27 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,218 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
BY being financially smart, selling two businesses, having zero debt at 45 and plenty of cash to do what I want.

Not interested in a 72 month car payment.

For $65K who really cares (sold my 911 4s for $125K, so really like money in the bank).

I'm VERY happy in life.

Who wouldn't be happy, with TPW next week...hope yours is soon

There's one thing I learned a long time ago, there's always someone better looking than you and someone with more money. Getting into financial talks on forums is as productive as arguing over taillights.

Oh and look who stepped up lol....

I don't care how many Porsches you allegedly sold...If you can get 65k for less than one percent and have your own money make four or five times that then to pay your cash is idiotic.

and again no one said make 72 payments but of there is no interest it doesn't' matter...

I hope you get your learners permit before you get you car.....
Old 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hawkgfr

I don't care how many Porsches you allegedly sold...If you can get 65k for less than one percent and have your own money make four or five times that then to pay your cash is idiotic.

and again no one said make 72 payments but of there is no interest it doesn't' matter...

WTF are you calling me an idiot because I paid cash?
My car - my decision!
So..........................
Attachment 47776066

Last edited by pgway; 04-01-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by pgway
WTF are you calling me an idiot because I paid cash?
My car - my decision!
So..........................
Attachment 47776066
Are you and him the same dude?

I am thrilled you paid cash for your car whoever you are.

so stop talking out of yours.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:50 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

This guy has got to be the most irritating 'hole I've ever witnessed on an internet forum. I don't think there is a regular poster here that this guy hasn't taken a swing at.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:54 PM
pgway
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drmustang
This guy has got to be the most irritating 'hole I've ever witnessed on an internet forum. I don't think there is a regular poster here that this guy hasn't taken a swing at.

Probably frustrated because he dosen't have the money to buy a C7!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:56 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by pgway

Probably frustrated because he dosen't have the money to buy a C7!
think he is referring to someone else..

I'm just watching this thread to see where I can get 6-9% return tax-free at zero risk
Old 03-16-2014, 03:02 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Go look at your history (I know since you got booted off SVT Forum you have time) of posts. You and hawk come on here (along with your buddy Skid and Dan) to stir the C7 pot. Those days are over, you're exposed for being a troll--get over it.

It's like a bunch of old men with nothing to do but come irritate C7 owners and those wanting to own one. You guys really should be ashamed of yourself. Like little kids. Adding nothing to the conversation, but looking for fights, negative comments, and anytime someone posts an issue with their C7, one of the four of you are the first to say what a piece of crap the C7 is...very helpful.

With A TPW of this week, I hopefully won't have to endure much more of your garbage, as I'll be out enjoying my C7, instead of having to defend myself and the C7 at every turn here.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-16-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:25 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by kp
think he is referring to someone else..

I'm just watching this thread to see where I can get 6-9% return tax-free at zero risk
Let me know too lol....I was referring to Mr. I've never had a Vette yet who said he could have gotten a loan for .6 or something like that but still had to brag how he was paying cash. So four or five times that lol. Which is doable.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:33 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Go look at your history (I know since you got booted off SVT Forum you have time) of posts. You and hawk come on here (along with your buddy Skid and Dan) to stir the C7 pot. Those days are over, you're exposed for being a troll--get over it.

It's like a bunch of old men with nothing to do but come irritate C7 owners and those wanting to own one. You guys really should be ashamed of yourself. Like little kids. Adding nothing to the conversation, but looking for fights, negative comments, and anytime someone posts an issue with their C7, one of the four of you are the first to say what a piece of crap the C7 is...very helpful.

With A TPW of this week, I hopefully won't have to endure much more of your garbage, as I'll be out enjoying my C7, instead of having to defend myself and the C7 at every turn here.
So now you're chasing dudes on other forums?

You are the last one to speak of OTHER people posting. Go look at your history..Mr. POT A NEWBIE pot at that.

Oh and I've been in a Vette since 2008. Have you had one yet...Oh no you sold four Porches to get a Vette..
Old 03-16-2014, 03:39 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Let me know too lol....I was referring to Mr. I've never had a Vette yet who said he could have gotten a loan for .6 or something like that but still had to brag how he was paying cash. So four or five times that lol. Which is doable.
I understand, but many havent figured out perpetual motion when it comes to money yet - I'd be on board for that

While I can get a whopping .1-.2% at a bank/CD and the feds take almost half, or play the market for 5-6% on a good year (and the feds get half) and make a few bucks there is always risk.

At least a new corvette is a known asset, always will be worth at least 50 cents on the dollar for a few years

Not to mention you can have fun with it, I know guys who spend 50 grand a year golfing and to me thats throwing money away. But thats what hobbies are for, if you are trying to make money its not a hobby, its a job.

Life is short, you only live once and if you have to cobble enough credit together and ear ramen noodles to buy a new Corvette or write a check everyone should try to appreciate the car for what it is - its certainly no investment
Old 03-16-2014, 03:45 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by kp
if you are trying to make money its not a hobby, its a job.

Life is short, you only live once and if you have to cobble enough credit together and ear ramen noodles to buy a new Corvette or write a check everyone should try to appreciate the car for what it is - its certainly no investment
Well said.

I don't know WHY it bothers some if somebody paid cash. WHO CARES?

You hit the nail on the head, for me it's just a toy to go have fun. My life is not wrapped up in my cars, it's just something I enjoy (and thought others here did as well).

Finance or pay cash--enjoy your C7 and lighten up people.

MUCH more important things to worry about in life, than how one pays for a car.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-16-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Originally Posted by kp
I understand, but many havent figured out perpetual motion when it comes to money yet - I'd be on board for that

While I can get a whopping .1-.2% at a bank/CD and the feds take almost half, or play the market for 5-6% on a good year (and the feds get half) and make a few bucks there is always risk.

At least a new corvette is a known asset, always will be worth at least 50 cents on the dollar for a few years

Not to mention you can have fun with it, I know guys who spend 50 grand a year golfing and to me thats throwing money away. But thats what hobbies are for, if you are trying to make money its not a hobby, its a job.

I use that argument every time I buy one lol...And really history shows once they drop to the 30k level they fall very slowly. Still c5's bring 20k so yea...They really cost about as much as a loaded up CAMRY.

I can make 5 percent guaranteed on a self loan with my 401k if I chose too...
Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

And to think.... I used to believe cat fights only took place between felines and women
Old 03-16-2014, 03:49 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Well said.

I don't know WHY it bothers some if somebody paid cash. WHO CARES?

You hit the nail on the head, for me it's just a toy to go have fun. My life is not wrapped up in my cars, it's just something I enjoy (and thought others here did as well).

Finance or pay cash--enjoy your C7 and lighten up people.

MUCH more important things to worry about in life, than how one pays for a weekend toy.
I agree Mr. POT

Except for you chose to blather how you paid cash...Answer your own post WHO CARES....
Old 03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I agree Mr. POT

Except for you chose to blather how you paid cash...Answer your own post WHO CARES....
Several people in this thread mentioned how they paid for their C7 in cash. This thread is about financing and options. Cash is an option. Pretty simple.

Now if you don't agree (as you stated) with paying cash for a car that's great. Go finance away--I won't bash and berate you for doing so.

Thank you for your input.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-16-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:59 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
And to think.... I used to believe cat fights only took place between felines and women
meow

Get notified of new replies

To New car financing 101... "Need Help!"

Old 03-16-2014, 04:41 PM
6spdg37s
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

they definitely wont do CC because of the fees...friend of mine called them out when they said it was "illegal" told them we would walk and suddenly the law changed..
Old 03-16-2014, 05:01 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Several people in this thread mentioned how they paid for their C7 in cash. This thread is about financing and options. Cash is an option. Pretty simple.

Now if you don't agree (as you stated) with paying cash for a car that's great. Go finance away--I won't bash and berate you for doing so.

Thank you for your input.
The several other people who mentioned it didn't blather about it like financing was the plague like you..

Funny I thought this thread was about financing..cash isn't a financing option anymore than theft or waiting on the lottery is a financing option..

Denial, you're in it.

You're welcome.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,008 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Quick Reply: New car financing 101... "Need Help!"