Flaky passenger mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Torch Red C7
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Flaky passenger mirror

Here's one I can't seem to solve.....

When I first set up my driver preferences, I turned on the option that lowers the mirrors when it goes into reverse (3LT Z51 manual). After I tried it a few times, I didn't like it because seeing the sides of the car and the concrete really didn't add all that much help. So I turned it off...I thought. But the passenger side mirror still goes down when I go into reverse no matter how many times I have tried to turn off the feature. I even tried turning it back on and off again many times, but still no luck.

But here is the real kicker. Every time I go into reverse, the passenger mirror angles down, but when I go back into first, it won't come back up. I have to return it manually, using the door rocker switch. It's not intermittent; it's every time. Same thing. Go into reverse..... The passenger mirror angles down..... Back up..... Return to first gear.....mirror stays down. Stop the car momentarily and manually use the rocker switch to return the mirror back up.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Last edited by Torch Red C7; 03-12-2014 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Red C7
Here's one I can't seem to solve.....

When I first set up my driver presences, I turned on the option that lowers the mirrors when it goes into reverse (3LT Z51 manual). After I tried it a few times, I didn't like it because seeing the sides of the car and the concrete really didn't add all that much help. So I turned it off...I thought. But the passenger side mirror still goes down when I go into reverse no matter how many times I have tried to turn off the feature. I even tried turning it back on and off again many times, but still no luck.

But here is the real kicker. Every time I go into reverse, the passenger mirror angles down, but when I go back into first, it won't come back up. I have to return it manually, using the door rocker switch. It's not intermittent; it's every time. Same thing. Go into reverse..... The passenger mirror angles down..... Back up..... Return to first gear.....mirror stays down. Stop the car momentarily and manually use the rocker switch to return the mirror back up.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?
I had a similar problem. While parked with the engine off, I put the car into accessory mode, then reset my automatic seat adjustments and the reverse settings. Since then, everything is working as it should. I have an automatic transmission.

Quick Reply: Flaky passenger mirror