Sponsored by:

Build Week - 3/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by T_Bone
TPW 3/10 also coming to West Central Fl (St. Pete). Maybe our cars are coming down south together. Z51 Black coupe. Is the following week realistic or is the week of the 24th more likely?
Believe it or not I'm actually hoping for the week of the 24th four I will be on vacation with my family the week of the 17th. But in any event I will be talking to my dealer on Monday to come up with a game plan in the event it is delivered while I'm gone!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:54 PM
lmello211
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
My car was built on 2/20, and shipped by rail to MacMulkin on 2/22.
It is scheduled to arrive at the Selkirk, NY railhead on 3/11, and in discussions with Tommy Jr, it will take 3-7 days to get from the railhead to MacMulkin.
So, by my calculation that is 4 solid weeks from being built to arriving at the dealership via rail transport. I assume that is about the norm.
I am expecting to pick it up on 3/22, which will be 9 weeks from order acceptance - had it gone by truck from BG, the car would have been there three weeks earlier.
Mine might be on the same track. Currently sitting in Michigan waiting for rail to NY and then truck to MacMulkin. Seems like it has been sitting in the same spot in Michigan for weeks.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:06 PM
UVETTEYA
Advanced

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Glad to see it went so quickly for you! Good deal
Thanks, Ken. I'm not sure it went "quickly". But I did want to encourage the OP and others commenting here that maybe the trend in shipping time was decreasing? If my car sits in the railyard for 10 days when it's only a few miles away from the dealer, I'll get very anxious.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Callihan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My TPW is 3/10 as well! AW Z51. I am hoping to get it before April! Can't wait and hope everyone receives there's vet with no hiccups! Mine is being shipped to Houston TX.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:32 PM
PhD Z
Intermediate

I'm also in the gang with a 3/10 TPW and transport to MacMulkin.

Worst part is I live five miles from the Selkirk railhead. She will be so close but Ill have to wait another week or so before I can go get her.

Good news is I know a lot of guys who work at the rail yard and going to have them take pics as it gets unloaded. Maybe I'll end up with pictures of your rides too.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by PhD Z

Worst part is I live five miles from the Selkirk railhead. She will be so close but Ill have to wait another week or so before I can go get her.

Good news is I know a lot of guys who work at the rail yard and going to have them take pics as it gets unloaded. Maybe I'll end up with pictures of your rides too.
PhD, maybe you can talk to your buds at the railroad and get them to move our cars faster....
Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Callihan
Instructor

Originally Posted by robertf97
My Build week is 3/10 also. Pretty close in Huntsville, AL. I have a message into my dealer to see if he will honor GM Supplier Pricing. If he won't I may go somewhere else. It's about a $2800 discount on the old pricing for me. Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, NPP, Auto
let us know what you find out. My TPW is 3/10 as well are we screwed by one week? I think the dealer should honor my build **** with my MSRP. not the new pricing!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Callihan
My TPW is 3/10 as well! AW Z51. I am hoping to get it before April! Can't wait and hope everyone receives there's vet with no hiccups! Mine is being shipped to Houston TX.
Looks like this is shaping up to be a Z51 week! Our cars should be going done the line on the same day. AW Z51 as well!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Callihan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thepiazza
Looks like this is shaping up to be a Z51 week! Our cars should be going done the line on the same day. AW Z51 as well!
Do you know if your dealer is honoring the old pricing? just started reading about the price increase I think they should honor it! It's been a long 6 weeks of waiting!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:45 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Callihan
Do you know if your dealer is honoring the old pricing? just started reading about the price increase I think they should honor it! It's been a long 6 weeks of waiting!
Any order before 3/3 is old pricing.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Callihan
Instructor

Originally Posted by onthebottom
Any order before 3/3 is old pricing.
I thought it said build before 3/3? but it would make since if it was ordered before 3/3. thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Yes we are locked in!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Vette_It_be
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My TPW was 3/3 and my gorgeous baby was born on 3/5. I purchased it through Tommy Jr. @ MacMulkin but am having it delivered to Southern California with a courtesy delivery in Orange County. I don't want to even think about how long it is going to take via rail to get here. Someone from San Diego who bought from Tommy Jr. told me to expect 6 weeks. All I can say is about a 6 week delivery time is say it ain't so.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:19 AM
UVETTEYA
Advanced

Several forum dealers have confirmed old prices honored for any orders at 1100 prior to 3-3. So those of you with TPW's are fine.

It's funny watching the posts. I was in your shoes a few weeks back. I think we get more anxious as we get closer but knowing it was built was a "reset" on my clock. Tryin to enjoy the anticipation.

FYI: My TPW was 2-10 and my build date was 2-17. I got a bit nervous over that. If you guys are lucky, you'll get built early in the week.

Last edited by UVETTEYA; 03-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:54 AM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by UVETTEYA
Several forum dealers have confirmed old prices honored for any orders at 1100 prior to 3-3. So those of you with TPW's are fine.

It's funny watching the posts. I was in your shoes a few weeks back. I think we get more anxious as we get closer but knowing it was built was a "reset" on my clock. Tryin to enjoy the anticipation.

FYI: My TPW was 2-10 and my build date was 2-17. I got a bit nervous over that. If you guys are lucky, you'll get built early in the week.
Haha.. My TPW was 2/10 and my car was produced 2/13. I picked it up from Boardwalk on Thursday. Now I have a large hole in my schedule where I used to track my order with Chevy and then Union Pacific.

Going out to the garage is fulfilling though. Hope you all get them soon and get on the road, they are a great increase over my old Grand Sport.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PhD Z

PhD Z: My brother and I will have cars on that shipment as well. Where do we send the checks to have the rail crew expedite the unload?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
markk1
Racer

Originally Posted by Philr56
PhD Z: My brother and I will have cars on that shipment as well. Where do we send the checks to have the rail crew expedite the unload?
We need to find a bullet train ...

Get notified of new replies

To Build Week - 3/10

Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 PM
onthebottom
Pro

This is the week!

Other than my dealer calling me (and he's VERY busy these days), how can we find out which day our cars will be built?
Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by onthebottom
This is the week!

Other than my dealer calling me (and he's VERY busy these days), how can we find out which day our cars will be built?
The GM tracker thread is probably your best bet. Really the only date that matters is the actual ship date, then you can forecast the arrival. Could take a week or two after the actual build to get shipped. Another thing QC could pick your car at random and delay the shipment another additional day or two.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Originally Posted by Larry/car
The GM tracker thread is probably your best bet. Really the only date that matters is the actual ship date, then you can forecast the arrival. Could take a week or two after the actual build to get shipped. Another thing QC could pick your car at random and delay the shipment another additional day or two.
You are of course correct, ship date is what matters, but after such a long wait I have to celebrate the small steps in that direction - and building the car is a pretty good step.

I've posed in the GM track thread (over the weekend) but apparently Marissa has other things to do - imagine that

Quick Reply: Build Week - 3/10