C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 owners...Are you happy to hear about the price increase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I expect the price to go up every year, and because this car was (and still is) such a bargain, was not surprised at the mid-year price hike. Does it make me feel good? I don't even think about it, honestly. I bought the car to enjoy for years, I ordered early and knew going in that I would have to pay MSRP. I was fine with that, prices are market driven.

If we fast forward 5 years, the C7 (assuming it's still a C7 and not a C8) will probably cost $10k-$20k more than today. I guess it means we would get more on a trade, but it also means we pay more for the new car as well. At the end of the day I paid my money and I get to enjoy my beautiful C7 every day. What others have to pay (either more or less) really doesn't matter.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Makes no difference to me. I've had my car for approaching 6 months and will probably only have it another 8-10 months before getting my C7 Z06. I suppose it may help the trade-in or private sale price, but either way, I enjoy the car and there is a price to be paid.
S.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:40 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I enjoy the car and there is a price to be paid.
Well said. I doubt I have the financial resources you do but I completely agree. I too have had my car for a few months and it is an incredible car. I do not understand the mentality that an extra 2k increase makes, if you want the car in the first place. People act as though depreciation is not going to bite them if they wait a couple of years? The dollar is slowly becoming worth less every day and yet everyone seems surprised that prices are increasing. Fuel goes up, hamburger, bread, and yes my friends corvettes also.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
For those of you, who already have your C7, or have one on order (and are price protected)......Were you actually happy to hear about the price increase?

Those who bought before the price increase have got to feel that they saved $2000 or $3200! It has to make you happy that you purchased when you did. I know I was happy!

Please be honest with you answer! It's not gloating it is just being honest!
A raise in new car prices means a lift in used car prices. Simple as that.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
pcara
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you, who already have your C7, or have one on order (and are price protected)......Were you actually happy to hear about the price increase?

Those who bought before the price increase have got to feel that they saved $2000 or $3200! It has to make you happy that you purchased when you did. I know I was happy!

I myself have a Z51 on order and am happy that I got in on time but I truly feel bad about those who waited. I know it is still a great buy but we all work hard for our money.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

I am not happy about the price increase, no reason it should make me happy. Not unhappy either.

I guess it is one more reason I am glad I bought my car earlier, and I guess it reaffirms I made the right decision to order in Oct.

The increase would not have kept me from getting the car. It would have had me buy a Z51 2LT vice the Z51 3LT I bought. I had a limit I was willing to spend. I could have afforded more, but could not justify more for a TOY
Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgmail777
Have you not read the 900+ posts that are on the 2 other threads about this same issue?
What a stupid OP.I always respect the early adopters of any product since they provide
useful feedback to the potential buyers. I don't mind being an early adopter.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I know, I know, I am not a current owner of a C7. Just couldn't swing it. So I will have to bite the bullet and ante up. But congrats to those of you who were able to get them early! Even with the increase in price it is still a great deal.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
What a stupid OP.I always respect the early adopters of any product since they provide
useful feedback to the potential buyers. I don't mind being an early adopter.
Stupid huh? So it doesn't make you happy that you saved an additional $3200 on your purchase by buying when you did? It doesn't make you happy that the value of your car is higher now? If you answer no, than I think I am not the one who is stupid!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
GTFD2
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

I feel that the dealers will shortly be discounting the 2014 cars by two to three thousand and selling them for almost the price of the original MSRP.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Heck yeah i am happy i saved money, why wouldnt I be happy? it's too bad for people that waited for their own reasons
Old 03-06-2014, 10:27 PM
GTFD2
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 143 Posts

Forgot to say "I am pleased that I saved money even though I hated paying MSRP."
Old 03-06-2014, 10:32 PM
F4Topgun
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had mine for 5 months now and it has been worth every penny of the MSRP I paid for it.

Waiting for discounts/rebates is a crap shoot. Sometimes you roll snake eyes!

IMO, if you're going to buy a $65-70M car, just buy it and enjoy. The fun you will miss is worth more than the 3-5% you MIGHT save or in this case lose.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Volfan55
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had my C-7 almost a month now and knowing what I know now I would pay the extra for it. I love this car ! I am just relieved that my dealer could actually get one.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:12 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I am not happy but it does work in my favor. I got my C7 on 9/27/13 paid Msrp less 3k, GM card and dealer discount, paid 66k for3LT z51,mag ride, chrome wheels,npp. so if this C7 will now cost 75k for a 2015 I can easily get 58k when I sell it next year at this time for my Z06. 18 months at a cost of 7k makes me happy.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Limey25
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F4Topgun
I've had mine for 5 months now and it has been worth every penny of the MSRP I paid for it.

Waiting for discounts/rebates is a crap shoot. Sometimes you roll snake eyes!

IMO, if you're going to buy a $65-70M car, just buy it and enjoy. The fun you will miss is worth more than the 3-5% you MIGHT save or in this case lose.
I couldn't resist but if I bought a $65m car I would give serious consideration towards swapping it for a reasonably sized island in the Caribbean

Seriously though, you can't enjoy something you don't have. I have a hunch that some folks here, when they buy their car, may end up talking more about how much they paid for it rather than how much fun it is to drive.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The only thing I'm happy about is the fact that I bought my car when I did, I couldn't care less about what GM does with it's prices now. I feel sorry, actually no I don't, for the people that wanted to buy one but for whatever brilliant reason they decided to wait a year even though they definitely had a means to be able to.

For those who simply couldn't just because of their situation, well yeah, that sucks and I certainly hope that the slight increase in price doesn't stop you from owning such a great machine. Good luck to you.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 owners...Are you happy to hear about the price increase?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by AVETTE
Only due to the NUMEROUS TROLLS with THREAD AFTER THREAD about how "stupid" we are and how we were getting "hosed". I think the new Vette is an amazing value at MSRP, I got my z51 at 1500 off MSRP had 3000 from GM card and now avoided a 3200 price increase, MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE OF THE NEW STINGRAY. Many on this forum value money more than our MOST precious commodity - TIME. None of us knows if we will even be on this planet tomorrow so to listen to SOME OF THE MOST VOCAL the CHEAP a@@es that populate this forum makes me and many others here want to:puke: There fantasy end of model run C6 DEALS ARE A LONNNGGGG WAY OFF Enjoy another year waiting for your precious "deals". To the TROLLS ONLY how does that 3200 taste
I'm as cheap as they come and even I realized that the Bang for the Buck factor is HUGE with a C7. Had a C4 Convertible way back when, and while it was nice, it was nothing special. Never even thought about another Corvette until the C7 came along.

I was fortunate enough to find my C7 Z51 at an out of State Dealer for $2,500 off MSRP. I guess the Price Increase means that I got it for $5,700 under MSRP, so I'm not complaining.

Bear in mind, there is no competitive Performance Car in this price range, even with the increase in MSRP. The Z51 Package was and still is a steal for the price, period.

I'm very happy I pulled the trigger. For those who are rethinking buying the Car because of the Price Increase, look into getting one from current Dealer Stock. Mine had more Options than I would have ordered, so I was not disappointed.

The extra $3,200 is better spent on an over Optioned "In Stock" Car than paying more and getting less with a new Order, IMHO. When the current Inventory is depleted, the last chance opportunity is gone.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 AM
scott76807
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I personally think that all the ankle bitters that were waiting for a discount are on suicide watch

getting your Z51 before the increase .....Priceless

Old 03-07-2014, 12:42 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

While I will readily admit that a new Stingray is outside my budget at the moment. I'm hoping to to land a gently used one next year.

However, after everything they put into this car. From the state of the art chassis, to one of, if not the most efficient engine in it's class, to the real deal interior. Then to see the pricing only a tiny bit higher than the outgoing car? I thought right away that the C7 was the deal of the century. After the reveal, I was expecting anywhere from $8-$10K higher, but just $2K? No wonder we are seeing so many first time Vette owners on here.

No, not happy about the price increase, but also not suprised, nor upset either.

I do wonder how this will effect the percentage of pre sold orders vs. cars sold from dealer stock, if at all. It just seems from the relatively small sample this forum makes up, that a high percentage are special order cars. I wonder if this is a trend outside this forum and is messing with their logistics. Could have nothing to do with it, but it was just a thought I had.

Quick Reply: C7 owners...Are you happy to hear about the price increase?