Sponsored by:

Order tracking

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,118 Likes on 6,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter NYY
Spoke to the dealer today. According to him, they have allocations for coupes and for verts. He said that their coupe allocation is filled but they still have allocation openings for verts. The good news is that mine is a vert (ordered on 2/22 - he confirmed that I got in before the price increase). Now I just have to wait for GM to get back with the TPW.

That was some good news at least!
How many convertible allocations does he get each week? Z51 is constrained at 50%, meaning that, statistically speaking, your dealer needs to get 2 allocations per week to get 1 Z51. If your dealer gets less than 2 per week, then it may be a long time before they get a Z51 allocation.

If your dealer only gets 1 or fewer allocations per week, you will likely not get your car. So many members here have gone through this with small (low Corvette volume) dealers. The result is almost always extreme disappointment. No other way to say this: your dealer is stringing you along.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
How many convertible allocations does he get each week? Z51 is constrained at 50%, meaning that, statistically speaking, your dealer needs to get 2 allocations per week to get 1 Z51. If your dealer gets less than 2 per week, then it may be a long time before they get a Z51 allocation.

If your dealer only gets 1 or fewer allocations per week, you will likely not get your car. So many members here have gone through this with small (low Corvette volume) dealers. The result is almost always extreme disappointment. No other way to say this: your dealer is stringing you along.

Almost word for word what I was going to post when I got back to my computer.

Scooter: Get specific with your dealer, ask about allocations in the CURRENT consensus, and how often they get allocations. Some dealers only got a handful for the whole model year while others (forum dealers specifically) get many per week.

If you don't ask specific questions they can give you optimistic answers that are not really accurate. As Zymurgy said, right now Z51 is on 50% constraint, so if they get 2 or 3 allocations only 1 of them will be Z51 in that consensus cycle.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Zymurgy

Yup. Unless your order is at status 3000, there is no way a TPW will be assigned. At 1100, your order has been placed by the dealer but GM doesn't even know you exist yet. And at 1100, there is no guarantee your car is even going to be built.

Sorry but that's the reality
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Scooter NYY
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

How do I cut and paste this link so I don't have to search the threads every time I want to check on my order?

Thank you
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Scooter NYY
How do I cut and paste this link so I don't have to search the threads every time I want to check on my order?

Thank you
Click link and go to website.

Bookmark website

Done!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:02 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,300 Likes on 861 Posts

Just save to your internet favorites once you open the Chevy site.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

My dealer's GM rep. told my dealer the TPW for my car is 3/31, right when my car went 2000. Last check my order is still at 2000. I have seen some orders, here on the forum, where the codes fly and the car is produced shortly thereafter. I will be interesting as the end of the month draws near and my order codes progress.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
My dealer's GM rep. told my dealer the TPW for my car is 3/31, right when my car went 2000. Last check my order is still at 2000. I have seen some orders, here on the forum, where the codes fly and the car is produced shortly thereafter. I will be interesting as the end of the month draws near and my order codes progress.
I don't know how you can have a TPW without being at event code 3000 at least.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm pretty sure the dealer allocation reports give an estimated TPW for orders getting picked up that week. So that's probably what they gave you. But it is an "estimate". The actual date gets assigned later.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
I'm pretty sure the dealer allocation reports give an estimated TPW for orders getting picked up that week. So that's probably what they gave you. But it is an "estimate". The actual date gets assigned later.

When my order was finalized and my salesman called to confirm my options and assign the allocation he gave me a 2 week window that was an "estimated TPW". It ended up being totally accurate and I was produced in the first week of the two he quoted.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:06 AM
toddrichards
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diver Down
I don't know how you can have a TPW without being at event code 3000 at least.
When the allocation is given a estimate TPW is given. Again it is a estimate.. It could be a week after but not likley.

Quick Reply: Order tracking