Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Woodson
Then take it to PM.
Ok sure--are you a new Canadian mod, I didn't think so.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 03-05-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 PM
1vettenut
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YIKES. Time for a group hug.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Skidrowjoe reminds me of the guy in line trying to haggle prices at Walmart....

It's funny everyone who I talked to says to me that the C7 is the best car you can get dollar for dollar and I agree. The price going up a few grand does not change that fact. It's a few grand more but it's still the most car for the money. GM spent a hell of a lot of money redesigning this car and upping the quality of materials being used.

If people are pissed about capitalism and fair market price and now think it's too much money then I guess you need to go buy something else. Prices go up... On almost everything.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
40flier
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Walking into the minefield here, I mean who thinks GM has corporate responsibility? No one got ripped more than the 2013 buyers who saw their depreciation doubled when the C7 was intro'd a year ago. Yeah I like to have a 7 but having cars in two seasonal states I'm bleeding depreciation. Attracting Gen-X? Not happening. The administrator of my family trust just bought his twin turbo AWD Subaru. I told him what a deal I could get on a new 13. I'm trying not to disinherit him.

And how many C7's do you want to see on the road? My condo car in the sun is a Rustang GT convertible. Know how fun it is to park at a cruise nite in a car that in a lower form was the popular rental car at Disney World? There are already an incredible number of C7's on the streets in SW Florida. I'm hoping for a great deal on a C6 since so many are dumping them for 7's. Damn the increases keep flooding the market with used cars!

Last edited by 40flier; 03-05-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:57 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,135 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Another C7 hater...C5 forum may be a better place for you.
The JUDGE has typed again.The words of MR.HEAVYPOCKETS!
I'm taking a vacation from this area.Your sickening!I can't take it.CAN'T STOMACH your WORDS OF THE ALMIGHTY,NEWBIE!!!!!!!
I'm going back to the C5.HA HA.
I am gonna pee my pants when you trade your 7 in.If you get it?
Time will tell.I hope it falls off the transport and lands in your cup of ESPRESSO with the pinky up!
Did you get beat-up regularly on the school bus.You would've if you sat on my bus.Have a perfect your way life.GOODNITE
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
The JUDGE has typed again.The words of MR.HEAVYPOCKETS!
I'm taking a vacation from this area.Your sickening!I can't take it.CAN'T STOMACH your WORDS OF THE ALMIGHTY,NEWBIE!!!!!!!
I'm going back to the C5.HA HA.
I am gonna pee my pants when you trade your 7 in.If you get it?
Time will tell.I hope it falls off the transport and land in your cup of ESPRESSO with the pinky up!
Did you get beat-up regularly on the school bus.You would've if you sat on my bus.Have a perfect your way life.GOODNITE
mods send this atx smartass on a vacation. He starts **** in EVERY thread
Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I hope it falls off the transport and land in your cup of ESPRESSO with the pinky up!
Uh, and people say Corvette owners have an image problem...hmmm.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by sajonf
mods send this tax smartass on a vacation. He starts **** in EVERY thread
I'm not bashing C7 owners.

Certain people like Skid Row do.

Take your anger elsewhere.

Such a classy place.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,025 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by 1vettenut
I always thought GM would do the right thing. That is, make a fair profit and move on. This is taking advantage. I didn't desert them when things were not going well for them. I bought a 2008 Z06 and a 2010 ZR1 new. I am rethinking my purchase of the 2015 Stingray.
This topic is getting old. Vette nut, you bought a Z06, and two years later you bought a ZR1. Now unless you live in your ZR1, I'll go out on a limb and guess that you aren't a dummy and you make a better than average living. By way of investment or hard work, you have bettered your position in life such that you can afford to buy nice things.

The fact is, greed is a motivator. It motivates you and I just the same as it motivates GM and anyone in their position would do the same.

You call it "taking advantage" but as a business owner I call it supply and demand. Maybe it is "greedy" but greed creates profits, from which employees are hired, future investments made, benefits paid AND taxes paid.

I did buy a C7 two weeks ago and I'm glad I did...and not because I slid in under the price increase, but because I'm proud of an American company building this fine machine. They built it motivated by passion, pride and free market profit (aka: Greed). They don't need to apologize for that.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm so glad I took delivery of one of the first C7's made...#120...museum delivery back on Sept 30.

4000 glorious, trouble free, flawless miles at MSRP.

Snoozin' = Loozin'
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
redshift1
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Must be gloat Wednesday.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
1vettenut
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
It is all about the money, GM is doing what any smart company would do and taking advantage of supply and demand.
As for your purchases in the past if you move on due to the price increase someone else will be there to take your place. Cold facts.
Indeed! The bean counters at GM would agree with you. The marketing people might have a slightly different take. You are also correct by saying that GM won't miss my order. I am only one, after all. And these are just some of the facts.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

I hear a lot of people talking about depreciation.... Cars are not "investments", if you drive it they are depreciating tangible tiems. All cars depreciate.

It reminds me when I had my Gallardo some guys on the Lambo forums proud that they had a 5 year old car with 600 miles on the car trying to keep its value up? Why? If you want something to look at buy a poster it's a lot cheaper. I sold mine with almost 40k miles in 3 years.

It's a car. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it. I may be dead tomorrow so I am going to enjoy myself while I am alive today.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by sajonf
mods send this atx smartass on a vacation. He starts **** in EVERY thread
Poor guy is a friggen disease spreading all over this c7 forum.Got to keep ranting,and picking on it's his way or i'll aggravate ya to death.
He probably ordered a 1/24 scale diecast.I'm not feeding the poison anymore.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Poor guy is a friggen disease spreading all over this c7 forum.Got to keep ranting,and picking on it's his way or i'll aggravate ya to death.
He probably ordered a 1/24 scale diecast.I'm not feeding the poison anymore.
You Daily#3 are the one that comes on to bash C7 owners, not me.

Great--take all of your non C7 loving trolls with you...

Adios.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dlinderman
This topic is getting old. Vette nut, you bought a Z06, and two years later you bought a ZR1. Now unless you live in your ZR1, I'll go out on a limb and guess that you aren't a dummy and you make a better than average living. By way of investment or hard work, you have bettered your position in life such that you can afford to buy nice things.

The fact is, greed is a motivator. It motivates you and I just the same as it motivates GM and anyone in their position would do the same.

You call it "taking advantage" but as a business owner I call it supply and demand. Maybe it is "greedy" but greed creates profits, from which employees are hired, future investments made, benefits paid AND taxes paid.

I did buy a C7 two weeks ago and I'm glad I did...and not because I slid in under the price increase, but because I'm proud of an American company building this fine machine. They built it motivated by passion, pride and free market profit (aka: Greed). They don't need to apologize for that.

Very well said You run a profitable business or you should

Get notified of new replies

To Very disappointed about price increase

Old 03-05-2014, 10:21 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Excuse me, I thought I was on the Corvette Forum, not the JERRY SPRINGER FORUM. Talk about wasting a good forum.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Achmed
Please randomly insert more pics of your C7, I don't think we've all seen them yet
I told ya......
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 PM
Motohead279
Drifting

Originally Posted by blackmagicZ
Excuse me, I thought I was on the Corvette Forum, not the JERRY SPRINGER FORUM. Talk about wasting a good forum.
The sad part is there will probably be 50 more threads pop up with this topic.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed about price increase