C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK.. how to diplay tire pressure, coolant temp, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,403 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Default OK.. how to diplay tire pressure, coolant temp, etc?

Been though the manual a dozen times, been in the car an hour, searched the forums but to no avail...

So.. how can I select to see:

Each tire's pressure (and temp?)
Coolant temp (found oil and tranny temp)

Stuff li'dat?

(or are there no digital readouts similar to the C6 DIC?)
Old 02-26-2014, 10:38 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

5-24 on the online owners manual for tire pressure.

5-10 for the tire temp

Takes a bit of playing around to get used to it.

Coolant temp is the giant analog gauge under the gas gauge
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Related question. When on the tour display is it possible to show both the "Pocket gauges" to the right (5-11) and the DIC info display (5-24) in the center at the same time?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kp
5-24 on the online owners manual for tire pressure.

5-10 for the tire temp

Takes a bit of playing around to get used to it.

Coolant temp is the giant analog gauge under the gas gauge
So there's no digital readout for an exact coolant temp...ok

As for those manual sections, they don't tell you how to reach the wanted displays. For example, I haven't even figured out how to get to the trip meter..

More playing I guess....
Old 02-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 1,021 Likes on 527 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by KenHorse

As for those manual sections, they don't tell you how to reach the wanted displays. For example, I haven't even figured out how to get to the trip meter..

More playing I guess....
You get to all displays with the left arrow, then up/down arrows on the wheel...more reading needed.....do nothing but sit in the car and play with those 4 arrows for 30 min and it's all crystal clear where to find stuff...
Old 02-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Wormwood
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

More playing I guess....
Ken,
This what I've been frustrated about on the various gauge displays, the car doesn't save your particular gauge display when you switch back & forth between Driver Modes. Meaning you either have to change the display everytime you change Drive Mode or learn to ignore it, I guess?

If you're wanting a digital read out for coolant set your Drive Mode to TOUR then from the Steering wheel control left arrow to bring up the MENU OPTIONS->PREF then press ^ or v to get to the upper most selection, it's a unique display that has digital readout for Oil Temp & PSI, Coolant Temp, Tires, & Battery Volts as well, I think it's the only one with a picture of the stingray off to the side.

Wormwood
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 AM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
You get to all displays with the left arrow, then up/down arrows on the wheel...more reading needed.....do nothing but sit in the car and play with those 4 arrows for 30 min and it's all crystal clear where to find stuff...
This is what worked for me...the only way
Old 02-27-2014, 06:16 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Keep working with it, it takes some time and effort, but it does work pretty good after you once get it down. There is so much information available that it is overwhelming at times and all the sequence codes are difficult to remember if you don't do them regularly. This is alien to me as I grew up with analog and it is a digital world now, but it keeps me mentally active, well maybe mentally frustrated is a better description. But, repetition is my friend and I am learning it. The main problem is with this seemingly endless winter I don't get consistent seat time. The training videos on the GM website help.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Glen e
Originally Posted by Wormwood
Ken,
This what I've been frustrated about on the various gauge displays, the car doesn't save your particular gauge display when you switch back & forth between Driver Modes. Meaning you either have to change the display everytime you change Drive Mode or learn to ignore it, I guess?

If you're wanting a digital read out for coolant set your Drive Mode to TOUR then from the Steering wheel control left arrow to bring up the MENU OPTIONS->PREF then press ^ or v to get to the upper most selection, it's a unique display that has digital readout for Oil Temp & PSI, Coolant Temp, Tires, & Battery Volts as well, I think it's the only one with a picture of the stingray off to the side.

Wormwood
Yea, been through all that but I swear I didn't see what I was looking for! Anyway, I will play some more when I get the car back from the Xpel installer tomorrow. Thanks for the input
Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 AM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, been through all that but I swear I didn't see what I was looking for! Anyway, I will play some more when I get the car back from the Xpel installer tomorrow. Thanks for the input
There are some page displays that require the ignition to be full on. To do this without running the engine, with foot off brake press the start button and hold for about 5 seconds until the instrument panel icons light up.

Ray
Old 02-27-2014, 11:04 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by cyberay
There are some page displays that require the ignition to be full on. To do this without running the engine, with foot off brake press the start button and hold for about 5 seconds until the instrument panel icons light up.

Ray
Been there done that
Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Ken:

Press left arrow on your steering wheel, that will bring up a screen on your dash. Use down arrow on your steering wheel to get to "Info", then press right arrow on your steering wheel. This will start the various "info" screens. Then, use the down arrow on your steering wheel to get the"info" you want. To reset trip odometer, or lapse time, simply press & hold "select" button on your steering wheel until screen you are viewing "resets". To get the large tach display on your instrument panel, hit left arrow, then down arrow to "Perf", then "select" on your steering wheel. Hope the above helps.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Thanks to all who replied which really did help me out!

I sat in the car this morning and the proverbial light bulb went off (with everyone's help) and voila! Everything I was looking for

Thanks again
Old 02-27-2014, 12:05 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,837 Likes on 2,075 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Was your car the one that went to the Keys? Probably left the digital gauge down there to keep it warm?

Get notified of new replies

To OK.. how to diplay tire pressure, coolant temp, etc?

Quick Reply: OK.. how to diplay tire pressure, coolant temp, etc?