Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
For ArcticBlast.....

My wife said no pictures of her.....but to just imagine a tall, lanky, HOT redhead!
Nice moderator loaner car Who woulda guest you like redheads!
Pic looks real nice with those back round lights
Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Thank you sir! I appreciate that.

I don't have any quick pictures of me, but if you want, you can listen to me on the radio! I'm a radio disc jockey in Kansas City. I've been on the radio here for 36 years! Listen from 10-3pm Central every Saturday and Sunday at www.101TheFox.net. You'll hear Steve Garrett, so don't let that throw you off.....it's me.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
Tribal ritual....

Perspective Mods are brought to a secluded area, often caged, and then given an intoxicating medicine known as banocilin, an extremely dangerous hallucinogen that is said to be 100 times more powerful than LSD. The intention of the ritual was to force any memories of being a regular member out of the Mod's mind.

Next they must climb a rickety 98-foot-tall tower, tie vines to their ankles and dive to the ground, falling at speeds around 45 mph. When a dive goes correctly, the person gets close enough to touch his shoulders or his head to the earth. However, unlike bungee jumping, these vines aren’t elastic and a miscalculation in vine length could lead to broken legs, cracked skulls, or even death. (We lose more Mods that way)

After this, they live in seclusion from adults of the opposite sex for four to 24 weeks.

When the emerge from seclusion they place their hands into mittens filled with hundreds of bullet ants. The bite is approximately 20 times more painful than being stung by a wasp. The Admins will gather the ants and submerge them into a solution that temporarily knocks them out. The ants are then woven into the mittens. The new Mods will place their hands into the mittens and dance for 10 minutes. The ant’s sting prevents the body from protecting itself from pain. The body begins to convulse, and the pain can last up to 24 hours

Once the Mods prove themselves able to withstand these trials, they are given The Ban Hammer
You forgot the part about getting MODERATOR tatooed on their forehead.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:34 AM
JVJaz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by savewave
Please join me in welcoming Steven Bell as a moderator in the C7 sections. Steven is a new Corvette owner, but has experience moderating at other automotive sites.
All the best, Steve!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Tribal ritual....

Perspective Mods are brought to a secluded area, often caged, and then given an intoxicating medicine known as banocilin, an extremely dangerous hallucinogen that is said to be 100 times more powerful than LSD. The intention of the ritual was to force any memories of being a regular member out of the Mod's mind.

Next they must climb a rickety 98-foot-tall tower, tie vines to their ankles and dive to the ground, falling at speeds around 45 mph. When a dive goes correctly, the person gets close enough to touch his shoulders or his head to the earth. However, unlike bungee jumping, these vines aren’t elastic and a miscalculation in vine length could lead to broken legs, cracked skulls, or even death. (We lose more Mods that way)

After this, they live in seclusion from adults of the opposite sex for four to 24 weeks.

When the emerge from seclusion they place their hands into mittens filled with hundreds of bullet ants. The bite is approximately 20 times more painful than being stung by a wasp. The Admins will gather the ants and submerge them into a solution that temporarily knocks them out. The ants are then woven into the mittens. The new Mods will place their hands into the mittens and dance for 10 minutes. The ant’s sting prevents the body from protecting itself from pain. The body begins to convulse, and the pain can last up to 24 hours

Once the Mods prove themselves able to withstand these trials, they are given The Ban Hammer
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM
ShanMan14
Administrator

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Tribal ritual....

These newb mods have it easy. Back in my day it wasn't so simple.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Good luck Steven! I work for Acura, we just today sold a 2007 Type-S with 47k on the clock, and it was a 6-speed. I'm in line for a new NSX, if you know the guys at Jay Wolfe say hey from Dan in CT.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:18 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,819 Likes on 2,064 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ShanMan14
These newb mods have it easy. Back in my day it wasn't so simple.

On my site we only use a vine on 1 ankle. 2 ankles is for sissies!

Elmer
Old 02-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Good luck Steven! I work for Acura, we just today sold a 2007 Type-S with 47k on the clock, and it was a 6-speed. I'm in line for a new NSX, if you know the guys at Jay Wolfe say hey from Dan in CT.

Thanks Dan! Jay Wolfe Acura is where I bought my Type S! I know everyone at the dealership. I'll tell them that you said hi.

By the way, I should have new pictures of the Stingray for you guys later today. It's at Hendrick Chevrolet now-it's getting lowered and aligned, the Lashway Carbon Fiber side skirts and splitter are getting installed. Plus, a couple of small things are getting fixed today.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:19 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Steve, fellow Kansas Citian. Maybe we will run across each other some day. I am on the Missouri side in Independence.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Does Lee Hubbard still run the store and is Steve Maher still there too? The S is a sweet ride, what color do you have and is it a stick or auto?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by sajonf
Welcome Steve, fellow Kansas Citian. Maybe we will run across each other some day. I am on the Missouri side in Independence.

Thanks Sajon! I'm in Lenexa-got my C7 from Hendrick.

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
Does Lee Hubbard still run the store and is Steve Maher still there too? The S is a sweet ride, what color do you have and is it a stick or auto?

Dan, Lee is the managing partner at the dealership. I'm not sure about Steve Maher.

I have a Silver automatic Type S.

Here is a picture of the 2 two new bunkmates.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Very nice! What color is the gut of the Vette?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

All black interior.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Welcome. I will be looking for you. lol
Old 02-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Welcome aboard!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
All black interior.
The S Type has a classic body design that will never get old!

Get notified of new replies

To New C7 Moderator

Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome Steve!! Some here need a could swift kick...JK
Old 02-28-2014, 04:38 PM
NightStash
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Neighbor!

I live in Lenexa so I'm guessing we are not that far apart.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
DreamCarC7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Steven! Congrats!

Quick Reply: New C7 Moderator