C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allocations? I don't need no stinking allocations.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamanator
Way to still not get what I'm saying there guy... WOW
Wow yourself.
You're so wound up on this that you didn't read MY post.

You want any "SOLD" order (in particular, YOURS) to be produced in front of a dealer stock order, RIGHT?

I outlined the reasons that can't (and shouldn't) happen. You can wiggle this around any way you want to, I am giving you the FACTS. You think it's not fair (to you), I say your way is not fair to others.

Jimmy
Old 02-27-2014, 04:23 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by blackmagicZ
Well G, he says he can get me to 3000 by Wednesday. He can't possibly guarentee the car will be built allot sooner.

Thanks anyway, I'll stay with my guys.

Anyways--good luck

And to answer your original question--YES you NEED allocations!

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-27-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Tannman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the CA sales tax would be paid here. As far as the DMV fees, I have disabled veteran plates that would be transferred to the new car and get new plates for my Z.
I know most dealers here are not happy with a courtesy delivery.
V
Well G, he says he can get me to 3000 by Wednesday. He can't possibly guarentee the car will be built allot sooner.

Ok, I am done reading this thread!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:35 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Man, you're in the thick of this. Are you getting a commision (sic)?
No, he was trying to help you, the guy who apparently does not want help from anybody.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:40 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by jackhall99
No, he was trying to help you, the guy who apparently does not want help from anybody.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Dave is offering you a Z-51 allocation and it will go to 3000 which means it is going to production and your going to stick with a dealer at 1100. What am I missing here? I guess you don't want a car?

If you order from Dave your car will be built by the end of March? What's wrong with you?
Old 02-27-2014, 05:07 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
Dave is offering you a Z-51 allocation and it will go to 3000 which means it is going to production and your going to stick with a dealer at 1100. What am I missing here? I guess you don't want a car?

If you order from Dave your car will be built by the end of March? What's wrong with you?
Ed, the OP obviously does not want a C7.

Time to forget about trying to help him nd have a Yuengling.

Or two.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:25 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or a Black Crown. Or two.

I am sympathetic with the desire to stay local so I have less trouble with reluctance to jump at the offer than others here posting.

I just looked at the Tesla sales model and I can see it working for the Corvette (once the state franchise impediments are resolved) but I can not see it working for any other vehicle in the Chevrolet car line.

I also believe that if that had been the system in place in 2008 the Corvette would have been DOA before 2011.

So does anyone have another model for selling to offer?

Laborsmith
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith

I am sympathetic with the desire to stay local so I have less trouble with reluctance to jump at the offer than others here posting.

I just looked at the Tesla sales model and I can see it working for the Corvette (once the state franchise impediments are resolved) but I can not see it working for any other vehicle in the Chevrolet car line.

I also believe that if that had been the system in place in 2008 the Corvette would have been DOA before 2011.

Laborsmith
There lies the problem. There's no way Chevy could do it for one model...the franchises would have them in court for years!

Dave
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
There lies the problem. There's no way Chevy could do it for one model...the franchises would have them in court for years!

Dave
I agree and I (contrary to my well deserved reputation of being a rebel in search of a cause) believe the franchisees would have a point.

I still am enjoying this thread despite (or perhaps because of) the internal acrimony exhibited by a few!

Laborsmith
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith

Laborsmith
Yes. Use the GM model of allocations for the first 6 months of production for loyalty to the dealers. After that use a weighted model wherein bona fide orders from a local end user at smaller dealers have priority over stock models from the high sellers.
GM needs a balancing act and right now the system is too one sided.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

I just got off the phone with Abel Chevy where I placed my order. They came accross this thread and are very greatful that I'm sticking with them. They have been a family owned Chevy/Buick dealer for over 77 years and are a good honest group of people. They understand my frustration with how the system works and are frustrated too. They never promised me a car in a couple of weeks or a certain number of months. I thank those of you that had nice things to say and those who tried to help. Some of you don't get it, it's not having the car ASAP. It's how the system works, that is what this thread was supposed to be about. As in allot of threads, it turned into allot of negative responces and even name calling. these threads start out on subject but after 100 responces the subject gets distorted.
So, I'll say it again, I'll stay loyal to Abel Chevrolet and wait for my car to be built.
Thank you.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:17 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

I just got off the phone with Abel Chevy where I placed my order. They came accross this thread and are very greatful that I'm sticking with them. They have been a family owned Chevy/Buick dealer for over 77 years and are a good honest group of people.
Of course they are--do you really think they care about YOU, no. They care about your ORDER, and making sure you don't go anywhere else.

Being in business for 77 years, that and $1 will buy you a cup of coffee at McDonald's (another place that put's mom and pops out of biz).

Unbelievable...well best of luck to you and your 1100 order and 77 year old dealership. Take care

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-27-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Hang in there, my original small dealer just got two allocations today. Surprise! I canceled my order with them just over a week ago. Does this mean other small dealers will receive allocations soon?
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Of course they are--do you really think they care about YOU, no. They care about your ORDER, and making sure you don't go anywhere else.

Being in business for 77 years, that and $1 will buy you a cup of coffee at McDonald's (another place that put's mom and pops out of biz).

Unbelievable...well best of luck to you and your 1100 order and 77 year old dealership. Take care
Yea, and friends like you, who needs enemas.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

I got it. I'll buy a C7 that they have in stock and drive it around untill my car arrives, then sell the first car for maybe a profit.

Last edited by blackmagicZ; 02-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:54 PM
HerbE
Advanced

No, I say forget the LITTLE, MEDIUM AND LARGE dealers. Get it straight if you're going to quote me

There is zero advantage they bring consumers (except make the price of the car higher), and don't tell me educate them--GM could set-up 'boutiques' like Tesla to test drive and actually get answers by experts, instead of someone who was flipping hamburgers yesterday, selling cars today.

Again, the future business model for selling cars is just what Tesla is doing.

Until then, I will continue to order the dinosaur way.
Really Tesla is heralding the "...New Way..." by not having Dealerships?

How do you explain this:

"BRENTWOOD — Luxury electric car company Tesla Motors is making a first run into the Nashville market when a site plan for a dealership comes before the Brentwood Planning Commission on Monday."

Tesla has many Dealerships (but a limited number). the way they operate is... The Prospective Buyer goes to the dealership:

1) Check it out (test drive).
2) Pick the color.
3) Pick the capacity.
4) Pick Options.
5) Pay Deposit.)
6) Wait for build/delivery.

When I bought my C7 I did it this way

Went to my Local Chevy Dealership (one of a limited number) and

1) Check it out.
2) Pick the color.
3) Pick the capacity.
4) Pick Options.
5) Pay Deposit)
6) Wait for build/delivery

Sounds like a DISTINCTION rather than a DIFFERENCE.

HerbE

Get notified of new replies

To Allocations? I don't need no stinking allocations.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Yea, and friends like you, who needs enemas.
ENEMAS...ouch, maybe that's your problem.

And 'friends like me' are simply trying to get you a car from a dealer who has allocations. You want to stick you head in the sand and be happy because you local dealer with zero allocation is happy. Good for both of you. Blind leading the blind.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-27-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:32 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

ENEMAS...ouch, maybe that's your problem.

And 'friends like me' are simply trying to get you a car from a dealer who has allocations. You want to stick you head in the sand and be happy because you local dealer with zero allocation is happy. Good for both of you. Blind leading the blind.
Oh crap, they're coming to take me back to my room. I just hate those restraints. Restraints, I don't need no stinkin restraints. Care to join me?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Ronbear
Instructor

It seems that even if a dealer has an allocation, Chevy will ignore the small dealers. They throw that "loyalty" word around allot using in their sales pitch. What about loyalty to all their dealerships? Come on GM, Chevy, fill the orders of the little guys too.
You got that right! I had a Vette on order for over 60 days with 0 progress. When I got on the forum and everybody advised me that my dealer in Michigan had no allocations, I confronted my dealer and told him I was pulling my order. He then all the sudden got an allocation from his parent store. This is day 65 and although I'm guaranteed the order went in again today I have no copy of the WORKBENCH or order number yet. The only reason I've held on is because the person I'm dealing with is a nephew. But I've now gone to my limit. Last time I'll do that! Ever! This is the reason why I have that lousy po'd bear avatar. That's my attitude now. I'll change it if I ever get my Vette.

Quick Reply: Allocations? I don't need no stinking allocations.