Only C7 in Cayman Needs Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:54 AM
alaincayman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only C7 in Cayman Needs Help!!

My second call for help!! Have read through Infotainment manual, and still can't figure out how to "stop" a song playing from my USB stick, rather than "pausing" it. I see controls for "reverse", "fast-forward" and "pause", but none for "stop". Don't want to turn off Infotainment system, but when "pausing" a song, stopping the car, and then restarting it later (or the next day, etc.), the song starts to play again automatically. If backing up with rearview camera on the screen, I can't "pause" the song until back in a forward gear. Very annoying! I otherwise am in love with this car!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Change to the radio. My guess is you have pressed the 'media' button on your infotainment. I had the same problem - I pressed it not knowing what would happen and it accessed my iTunes on my phone (which was in my golf bag i the rear of the car) and began playing songs from my phone. I can stop/start/skip, etc. using this feature, so if you cannot do this it may have something to do with the USB stick. I don't know if USB sticks have the ability to parse songs.

As an aside I was in Grand Cayman a year ago and loved it. Beautiful place. But where can you open up the car? Seems the roads are all 45 mph speed limited...
Old 03-03-2014, 12:23 PM
alaincayman
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opening Her Up on Grand Cayman

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
Change to the radio. My guess is you have pressed the 'media' button on your infotainment. I had the same problem - I pressed it not knowing what would happen and it accessed my iTunes on my phone (which was in my golf bag i the rear of the car) and began playing songs from my phone. I can stop/start/skip, etc. using this feature, so if you cannot do this it may have something to do with the USB stick. I don't know if USB sticks have the ability to parse songs.

As an aside I was in Grand Cayman a year ago and loved it. Beautiful place. But where can you open up the car? Seems the roads are all 45 mph speed limited...
Speed limit on wide-open roads out east is 50MPH, but have managed quite a bit higher than that! Loads of fun to drive!!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:38 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

All you can do is change modes to radio or whatever before you shut it off if you dont want the USB to start playing after you start the car. Even if you pause it before you shut it off.

Possible workaround if you dont want to have any sound when you restart is to turn the max volume when starting (in the radio settings) all the way down or very low.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:26 PM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alaincayman
Speed limit on wide-open roads out east is 50MPH, but have managed quite a bit higher than that! Loads of fun to drive!!
Don't forget to stay on the left side of the road.

Get notified of new replies

To Only C7 in Cayman Needs Help!!

Quick Reply: Only C7 in Cayman Needs Help!!