Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Jake
1LT no optionsno remorse
I have the 1LT with just NPP as it's only option....and I too, have no remorse. I bought what I could afford. The 1LT is very nicely equipped and has all that I need!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Go with what you can afford. But you better hurry if you want to make a change. I went with the 2LT on my 07 and regretted it. So, my 14 has 3LT.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:42 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by rotherd31
I went with the 1LT and Z-51 and I am happy that I did. The options in the 2LT/3LT were not worth the money to me. Could I afford them? Yes, but the bottom line, I didn't want them. What's really important here is that you get what you want and what you can afford.
I'm totally with you, man. The only thing I cared about that the 1LT doesn't have are the heated/ventilated seats, but after reading the reports from several people on this forum they don't work that well anyway so that made my decision easy. I've never been interested in the HUD, an upgraded stereo is useless since I usually have the windows down and/or top out listening to the exhaust and I'm the only one who drives the car so I don't need memory seats. I can easily afford the $4200 upgrade to 2LT, but honestly I just feel like I'd be giving that money away. I'd rather look at it as having half of a supercharger paid for when the time comes.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Buyer's remorse can ruin the enjoyment of ownership. Think of the extra cost of the 2LT as insurance against buyer's remorse.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by vampz13x
I ordered my C7 convertible last week. White with red interior, red calipers, chrome wheels, 7 speed, black top, 1LT. I'm starting to regret not getting the 2LT but it seems the only things I'm missing out on are: red stitching and HUD. The price tag is so steep between the two packages when these are the only two things I need. Ugh, I think I'm just looking to get talked into changing my order.
Mine is a 2LT bought from Dealer Stock. I nearly bought a 1LT Car, but looking back I'm glad I didn't.

Love the Heads Up, never had it before. What really surprised me were the Ventilated Seats. Living in S. CA, I drive around without the Top most of the time. Even on a relatively cool day, the Sun beating down, especially in around town driving gets to be a little much. I hit that switch and it's night and day. They aren't "Air Conditioned" Ventilated Seats like my Wife's Car, but they do the job.

BTW - If you don't have them and you are uncomfortable sitting in Traffic, just flick on the Air Conditioner. Even with the Top off and the Windows down, it cools you off. Just think of it as your contribution to Globull (sic) Cooling.

There are other things on my Car that I probably wouldn't have ordered, but I'm glad whoever did place the order put them in. My favorite are the Competition Seats. They look great and they are very comfortable. Makes the inside look like an Exotic and I can't tell you how many people comment on them the first time they see the Car. It might be because the Car is CGM and the Seats are AR. They stand out to say the least.

Good luck with your choice. Whatever you get will bring a smile to your face, I guarantee it.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:25 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

I ordered my C7 convertible last week. White with red interior, red calipers, chrome wheels, 7 speed, black top, 1LT. I'm starting to regret not getting the 2LT but it seems the only things I'm missing out on are: red stitching and HUD. The price tag is so steep between the two packages when these are the only two things I need. Ugh, I think I'm just looking to get talked into changing my order.
Several guys are taking a fabric marker and dying the seat stiches red.

I have a 1lt and it's perfect. Since they added the tilt wheel and extra power seat.

But corvette number seven and 5 of minutes of hud use. it's worthless!

heated seats same thing. the memory seats are not working well lots of threads on those. Never bother using that gimmick either

The Stereo sounds great and has the 2 10's for bass. A ten out does a 8 on low end any way.

z51 is the thing you want. The 19-20's look way better. Resale will be better the Z51 is selling 5-1! or more!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Several are taking a fabric marker & dying the interior stitching.
ghetto mod
Old 02-23-2014, 01:45 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,831 Likes on 659 Posts

ghetto mod
If it works for people and they're happy with it good for them. Beats the hell out of paying $4200 for color matched stitching.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

The 2LT will bring more money and easier resale over a 1LT. Your ordering white/red and that alone you should go with the 2LT.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
...5 of minutes of hud use. it's worthless!

heated seats same thing. the memory seats are not working well lots of threads on those. Never bother using that gimmick either
I strongly disagree on both counts. While the absence of HUD wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, I use it every time I drive my Corvette. As for the heated seats, same thing (during the chilly months). They work well and I use them all the time.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
The 2LT will bring more money and easier resale over a 1LT. Your ordering white/red and that alone you should go with the 2LT.
The z51 is the ticket for resale. Made less and outselling 5-1!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

ghetto mod
Red seats are even worse! WORST GHETTO MOD is DARK LIMO TINT! But that is why they make all kinds of choices.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Aflyer
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

I think the HUD is great, I have it on my 03 with 100K, I really miss it when driving my wife's Grand Cherokee. Heated and cooled seats are nice as well.

My vote is for the 2LT, it has a lot of content for the money.

That said I ordered the 3LT, because I wanted to Brownstone color and it is only available in 3LT.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Yamanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm all things being relative that's a lot of money to make up. I don't see how it will be an easier resale. Like stated below the Z51 is going to be the bigger draw.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Memory seats. I am the only driver, I reposition the seats all the time and sometimes after a trip the seat adjustment is way off. I hit the recall button and set everything back to my zero position. Use the memory seat setting all the time.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 PM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
I'm totally with you, man. The only thing I cared about that the 1LT doesn't have are the heated/ventilated seats, but after reading the reports from several people on this forum they don't work that well anyway so that made my decision easy. I've never been interested in the HUD, an upgraded stereo is useless since I usually have the windows down and/or top out listening to the exhaust and I'm the only one who drives the car so I don't need memory seats. I can easily afford the $4200 upgrade to 2LT, but honestly I just feel like I'd be giving that money away. I'd rather look at it as having half of a supercharger paid for when the time comes.
That was part of my rationale for going 2LT instead of 3LT; that I could buy a supercharger for that money. The only way I would buy 1LT though is if I were making it into a race car. Got to have heated/vented seats and HUD!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
I have the 1LT with just NPP as it's only option....and I too, have no remorse. I bought what I could afford. The 1LT is very nicely equipped and has all that I need!
The 1lt used to lack a couple things but now it's perfect for a sports car.

Hardly the plenty box with more room less weight.

7th Corvette and it's perfect for options.

The rest of the Cadillac stuff like heated seats, memory mirrors and seats even the HUD are great cause you can leave them off!
Or pay extra for them.

I prefer the sports car ride and looks of the Z51. In a corvette If I want a caddy ride I take my Tacoma! TRD!

Get notified of new replies

To Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT

Old 02-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

Vamp, really only you can answer that question what is more important to you, the cost or having the HUD and red stitching. There is a thread on how you can color the stitching.

I going with the 1LT because I will only be putting about 3000 miles on it this year and probably no more than a thousand a year after that. So for me the 2LT isn't worth the extra cost and I don't plan on ever selling the car.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Highway 61
Pro

Location: Between Forest Lake and White Bear Lake in the Land of 10,000+ lakes
Received 41 Likes on 18 Posts

No way. After a few years you will only get back half the $4200 and it's not going to keep someone from buying the car because it only has a 1LT.

Like houses as they get older, you never want to have the most expensive house on the block. The lower priced models will draw the most attention.

Also, what happens with most commodities like houses and Corvettes, is the lower priced models will pull down the price of the higher priced ones and higher priced models will pull up the price on the lower priced ones.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:31 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Highway 61
No way. After a few years you will only get back half the $4200 and it's not going to keep someone from buying the car because it only has a 1LT.
I absolutely disagree with the bolded part.

OF COURSE there are going to be some who will pass over a 1LT C7 in favor of a 2LT if they want the features that includes.

Quick Reply: Buyers remorse 1LT vs 2LT