C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Everyone in here should just relax, so what if he's proud of his car, I have pics of my car on my phone and it's not as if he solicited her attention, the topic was already at hand. Perhaps you married men have nothing going on below the border but those of us who are actually men and still care about impressing women do.

Last edited by themonk; 02-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:50 PM
strawboss
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
so how do you present that in a room full of crowded people without getting busted for indecency?
The same way....you whip out your phone and show pics
Old 02-22-2014, 10:03 PM
W88fixer
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

You do need to replace the .32 with a 9mm or larger. Don
Old 02-22-2014, 10:17 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by W88fixer
You do need to replace the .32 with a 9mm or larger. Don
'Chicks' in Texas prefer .45 minimum.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 PM
brentano
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well....

I have no problem with this. Have some fun, But a few drinks in a bar with my new car sitting out in the parking lot... I don't know.

Anyway, being 62, I will admit I'm trying to relive some of my past. As I told my wife, I did not expect all the attention this car would get from all the women. Might as well have fun with it to a degree.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

Hey this is the internet and its the c7 subforum where things about the c7 are discussed. Well here is what happened last night with a very very pretty girl.

I was out with some friends having a few drinks and this 25 year old girl was sitting at our table. The guy to her left was about 55 to 60 I guess. He pulled out his phone and showed her a pic of a 69 Vette thinking it would impress her. She shook her and said I am not into corvettes at all sorry.

I felt bad for the guy but concerned myself after dropping $78k for my yellow stingray. So I whipped out my phone brought up my pic of my stingray and said what about this one? She smiled and said, "oh, I like that one WOW it looks exotic did you drive it here?" I said yes and she asked to see it so we went outside the bar leaving all the other gold rolex wearing guys holding their peckers with a duh look on their faces.

Showed her the car and she loved it especially guages changing with the driving modes. Then I said push the screen button the screen goes down exposing my 32 auto in the hidden compartment and she about freak'd on how cool that was. I thought about asking her about going for a ride then remember i have been married for 29 years and said well ready to go back inside. But it still made me feel good I could have.

So single guys get ready for a great return on investment and sorry for the story to previous model owners but you can pony up for one too its only money
dumb bitch, I'd take the 69 b.b.!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Or maybe my friends and I are just a lot more mature than most on this forum. To me it is absolutely ridiculous to buy a car to impress anyone, you have to be pretty insecure to do so.
I bought my car to impress someone...myself! And if other people are
impressed, that's fine too. No harm in that. I hope I stay "imature" forever...
Old 02-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
I don't hate this post...my 7 year old Z06 will stomp your new C7

enjoy
I also had a 7 year old C6Z, almost 600hp at the crank. But my C7 is built so much better and feels so much better, that I don't mind getting stomped!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Hey this is the internet and its the c7 subforum where things about the c7 are discussed. Well here is what happened last night with a very very pretty girl.

I was out with some friends having a few drinks and this 25 year old girl was sitting at our table. The guy to her left was about 55 to 60 I guess. He pulled out his phone and showed her a pic of a 69 Vette thinking it would impress her. She shook her and said I am not into corvettes at all sorry.

I felt bad for the guy but concerned myself after dropping $78k for my yellow stingray. So I whipped out my phone brought up my pic of my stingray and said what about this one? She smiled and said, "oh, I like that one WOW it looks exotic did you drive it here?" I said yes and she asked to see it so we went outside the bar leaving all the other gold rolex wearing guys holding their peckers with a duh look on their faces.

Showed her the car and she loved it especially guages changing with the driving modes. Then I said push the screen button the screen goes down exposing my 32 auto in the hidden compartment and she about freak'd on how cool that was. I thought about asking her about going for a ride then remember i have been married for 29 years and said well ready to go back inside. But it still made me feel good I could have.

So single guys get ready for a great return on investment and sorry for the story to previous model owners but you can pony up for one too its only money
Sounds like you were hanging out with a lot of losers. No offense meant of course.......
Old 02-22-2014, 10:42 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I had my wife in the car with me at inn n out burger in Glendale ca tonight. The 25 year old brunette who took our order was slobbering all over the Stingray tonight. She bragged she had a camaro and said one day she would own a C7. She asked for a ride in it.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Originally Posted by mark1107
I had my wife in the car with me at inn n out burger in Glendale ca tonight. The 25 year old brunette who took our order was slobbering all over the Stingray tonight. She bragged she had a camaro and said one day she would own a C7. She asked for a ride in it.
A "25 year old" working/taking your order @ the In and Out? Loser alert............
Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

I had a very attractive woman about 35 years old, driving an Acura sedan, ask if she could sit in my Vette while we both were getting gas at adjacent pumps at our local Royal Farms Store.

So she sat inside, said she loved the look of the gauges and the feel of the seats. Even asked me to take a picture of her with her cell phone. She thanked me like 20 times and told me I had one of the nicest cars she'd ever seen.

Was fun to have such a pleasant and pretty woman so excited about my car. What most here might not believe is . . . .I have a 2013 Blade Silver C6 GS coupe.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:28 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jwbert
My aren't we all full of ourselves!
i guess you missed the showing I was joking around but I purposely hand around uglier guys than me. (that second part was a joke to if you are a slow learner)
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM
ronvenna
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

People who think inanimate objects get girls are so wrong in so many ways lol Its a conversation starter but in my experience girls really dont care.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I cant get over the facts....
Going to a bar and getting tipsy....showing a stranger your $78k car....and then showing them a loaded gun.

Am I the only one that sees this as a bad situation?

I live in Atlanta, GA. If somebody did that here, they would be dead...guaranteed.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
I bought my car to impress someone...myself! And if other people are
impressed, that's fine too. No harm in that. I hope I stay "imature" forever...
no sheesh dude I hope I stay inmature forever too being mature is boring and sucks. "I bought my car for me" oh give me a break where is the throw up smiley?

oh btw ya'll that are making fun of my 32 auto think you would laugh if you got shot buy it? Big bore are over rated I am not taking down an elephant I am taking down a human. .I might put a 9 in there but its really not that big of space and put my sunglasses in there too.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by ronvenna
People who think inanimate objects get girls are so wrong in so many ways lol Its a conversation starter but in my experience girls really dont care.
so two guys same looks one has a bad *** car and the other drives a prious who is getting the chick?

Get notified of new replies

To The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Jefe's GS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you need a car or a wallet to impress a woman then she's likely not a woman worth impressing.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default Money

figured the guy with the new vette had more money...if a guy had a new ferrari she would have left with him
Old 02-22-2014, 11:46 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by bdanyluk
I cant get over the facts....
Going to a bar and getting tipsy....showing a stranger your $78k car....and then showing them a loaded gun.

Am I the only one that sees this as a bad situation?

I live in Atlanta, GA. If somebody did that here, they would be dead...guaranteed.
first its a bar/restaurant I don't like clubs either. second she was a stranger to me not to my friends, third do you think she was going to take the gun hold it on me then steal my car? you live in a ****** city and should move.

Quick Reply: The previous corvette models owners are going to hate this post.