Sponsored by:

Thinking about getting Flowmasters for C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 PM
ronvenna
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thinking about getting Flowmasters for C7

So my stingray is going to be here and march, and I made the dumb decision of not getting NPP. So the first thing I want to do when the car comes in is install an exhaust. I am looking at these Flowmasters, (http://www.corvette7tuning.com/flowm...stingray-.html), The only thing I am concerned about is the v4 mode on here. Does anyone else have this system installed or have heard this system? I am looking for video clips of this system but cant find one anywhere. I am also looking at the billy boat PRT system but its a little more expensive. Any help on this subject would be appreciated!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM
robertf97
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might consider getting the factory NPP off of a wrecked car or someone who takes it off. I just read a post about a guy who is taking his off because he doesn't like the sound.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 PM
ronvenna
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robertf97
You might consider getting the factory NPP off of a wrecked car or someone who takes it off. I just read a post about a guy who is taking his off because he doesn't like the sound.
I want to do that but everyone is saying that its going to be very difficult to do the install. Can you link me to that post?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

pay little more and get a better brand like BORLA or wait for CORSA, your 50-75k car deserves better
Old 02-20-2014, 09:45 PM
B Stead
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

The car doesn't have the NPP option and that's a plus.

Then, the Diablosport inTune device can probably deactivate the AFM system.

Next, a lightweight stainless-steel aftermarket exhaust system can be used that is not designed for the AFM.

And finally, the AFM system can then be taken off the engine.

However, all three of the B&B exhaust systems are designed to work with the AFM four-cylinder mode. And one of the B&B exhaust systems suggests that it works with both AFM and NPP since it has four muffler valves instead of two.

It looks like the Flowmaster exhaust system is the first one for those not having the NPP but also taking off the AFM

Last edited by B Stead; 02-21-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Ally
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have NPP, I certainly wouldn't attempt to add it. If you aren’t comfortable with a tuner and voiding warranties wait for a reliable exhaust that won’t void your factory warranty. A lot of the aftermarket companies haven't released their C7 systems yet because they are integrating 4 mode.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Most have not experienced the sound of the stock exhaust. Many delivered with NPP. That said, I recommend driving the car a few weeks/miles before doing anything. People say the standard system is louder than the C6. Is it loud enough?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Most have not experienced the sound of the stock exhaust. Many delivered with NPP. That said, I recommend driving the car a few weeks/miles before doing anything. People say the standard system is louder than the C6. Is it loud enough?
Good advice...... wait it may be enough. In a few weeks I will have a Corsa system on mine..... if the stinkin snow melts...... I'll share my experience.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Questions about exhaust systems on a corvette? Always do a search in the C6 or C5 sections....thousands of threads!

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about getting Flowmasters for C7

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting Flowmasters for C7