Sponsored by:

Maybe next time

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 AM
pcara
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe next time

:Its been 7 weeks since i ordered my corvette with z51 package with no movement and no straight answer on when I may see it. Today I am more than likely canceling my order and going with the Nissan GT-R. More money but in stock at local dealer. Shame I finally ordered the car i want and Chevy drops the ball. How are they still around is beyond me.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 AM
TX Navy Vet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcara
:Its been 7 weeks since i ordered my corvette with z51 package with no movement and no straight answer on when I may see it. Today I am more than likely canceling my order and going with the Nissan GT-R. More money but in stock at local dealer. Shame I finally ordered the car i want and Chevy drops the ball. How are they still around is beyond me.
1- it's more the fault of your dealer not being straight with you and letting you know what to expect.

2- Not sure what Chevy could do if these are selling faster than they can make them.... the alternative would be build them for a year without selling any.... then they'd have plenty on hand.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:29 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Navy Vet
1- it's more the fault of your dealer not being straight with you and letting you know what to expect.

2- Not sure what Chevy could do if these are selling faster than they can make them.... the alternative would be build them for a year without selling any.... then they'd have plenty on hand.

It isn't unusual in a product launch year to have this issue. GM can only produce them so fast and GM dealers need to be straight with customers relative to whether they have an allocation or not.

You could also check with a larger dealer who likely can move things along more quickly.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am supposed to find out today if my order is going thru. The dealer is not very informative and I have had to call every 2 weeks for an update. If it does not get accepted by March 1st I may jump ship as well, however I am getting used to not having a second fun car so I may just do without. He is holding my deposit and $40,000 of a pre trade so walking with some cash might not be a bad idea. Maybe invest the $40,000 for 2 years and try to turn it into a new Z06.
Eric
Old 02-15-2014, 07:58 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

It always amazes me that "Chevy" gets the blame for local dealer misleadings. Do yourselves a favor and order from one of the big forum dealers and be done with it. Get honest answers and your C7 in a timely manner.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 AM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It always amazes me that "Chevy" gets the blame for local dealer misleadings.
Wonder who franchised the dealer?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ben dover
Wonder who franchised the dealer?
Exactly, they need to set higher standards for their dealers.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:22 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

It always amazes me that "Chevy" gets the blame for local dealer misleadings. Do yourselves a favor and order from one of the big forum dealers and be done with it. Get honest answers and your C7 in a timely manner.

Has everything to do with the dealer YOU choose. Get your money back, and order from large forum dealer(MacMulkin, Kerbeck) and it will be in the system within a week or two and you'll be driving it 6-8 weeks later.

If you want to blow more money on a GT/R go for it...kinda silly to me ($110K no thanks). For $110K I'd go buy a Porsche and they are in stock too.

Anyways, if you order correctly (large forum dealer) and have patience for 6-8 week, you'll save $50K...seems like a good reason to wait to me.

If you don't, then you probably didn't want the car anyways.

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:22 AM
ENCT
Racer

I have visited Kerbeck 3 times, called twice, and have been on a list for a test drive for 3 months? I want to buy and support my local dealership and build a lasting relationship for future Corvette's, cars for my family, and for my business. I cannot understand why they leave the mega dealers with unwanted base models and leave the smaller local guys with no product to fill orders/sales. Poor business model for the long run. As others state all to much wait a few years until these cars are no longer in demand and people like me move on, then what????? Good old Uncle Sam comes running in to save the day? If GM wants the other guys to come over from another brand they need to get the cars in their hands. Seams all to simple, but then again that is and has been the problem all along. Sometimes it seams they are more interested with keeping the mega guys pockets full of cash instead of the overall success of the brand.
Eric
Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 AM
pcara
Advanced

I understand that it is the dealers who are misinforming us but they are "Chevies Dealers" and they should be removed as one of their vendors.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by ENCT
I have visited Kerbeck 3 times, called twice, and have been on a list for a test drive for 3 months? I want to buy and support my local dealership and build a lasting relationship for future Corvette's, cars for my family, and for my business. I cannot understand why they leave the mega dealers with unwanted base models and leave the smaller local guys with no product to fill orders/sales. Poor business model for the long run. As others state all to much wait a few years until these cars are no longer in demand and people like me move on, then what????? Good old Uncle Sam comes running in to save the day? If GM wants the other guys to come over from another brand they need to get the cars in their hands. Seams all to simple, but then again that is and has been the problem all along. Sometimes it seams they are more interested with keeping the mega guys pockets full of cash instead of the overall success of the brand.
Eric
Or you need to realize that's how the GM business allocation model works--rewards to those that sell a ton. The 'little guys' can do the same thing, they just don't WANT TO become a large Corvette dealer (it requires time and money--two things they don't want to invest in). If you want to support your local guy great, but don't complain when you don't get your car.

You now know how to acquire one quickly, so if all you want to do is complain about how GM operates it's allocations, you're just wasting time.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

As long as GM sells Vettes at dealers that sell the rest of the Chevy line, Vette customers are not going to get the quality of service you can get at Porsche dealers. Porsche dealers are used to giving top of the line service to all of their customers. Chevy dealers spend most of their time selling Impalas, Malibus etc. The expectations of Porsche and Vette customers are different than Impala and Mailbu customers. Vettes are a big bang for the buck and part of that is a lower dealer experience.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 AM
ENCT
Racer

Do they need to have that poor level of service? Maybe time to put a foot up someone's *** and get things straightened out. Maybe some brand training, maybe corporate needs to sell the Corvettes and take them from the dealers if they cannot handle the level of service required. I bought 2 Sprinter work trucks and get treated like gold at the dealership. My workers take them in for service and leave in a C Class as a rental. Both Sprinters together cost less than the car I am trying to order.
Eric
Old 02-15-2014, 08:47 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Do they need to have that poor level of service? Maybe time to put a foot up someone's *** and get things straightened out. Maybe some brand training, maybe corporate needs to sell the Corvettes and take them from the dealers if they cannot handle the level of service required. I bought 2 Sprinter work trucks and get treated like gold at the dealership. My workers take them in for service and leave in a C Class as a rental. Both Sprinters together cost less than the car I am trying to order.
Eric
Now it's about the customer service...okay...

Answer is the same as it was a month ago when you complained about the same thing.

95% of Chevy dealer is selling other types of cars, makes no sense to train and have a different customer experience for 5% of their clients. It's either all or none, and in the case of the Chevy price point, none is probably the right financial model.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 AM
pcara
Advanced

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Or you need to realize that's how the GM business allocation model works--rewards to those that sell a ton. The 'little guys' can do the same thing, they just don't WANT TO become a large Corvette dealer (it requires time and money--two things they don't want to invest in). If you want to support your local guy great, but don't complain when you don't get your car.

You now know how to acquire one quickly, so if all you want to do is complain about how GM operates it's allocations, you're just wasting time.
Then maybe those little guys should not be able to sell vettes at all. Most of us who order a car believe our dealerships lies. I myself am going to Nissan for now and I know Chevy wont be shutting the doors because of it. And even if they do, us tax payers will bail them out again anyway.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:12 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Then maybe those little guys should not be able to sell vettes at all. Most of us who order a car believe our dealerships lies. I myself am going to Nissan for now and I know Chevy wont be shutting the doors because of it. And even if they do, us tax payers will bail them out again anyway.
Okay enjoy that GT-R

(PS I've been lied to by dealers of many foreign brands too--I put on my big boy pants and just go to the next dealer)

Say hello to everyone on the GT-R forum

Last edited by ATX-C7; 02-15-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I am supposed to find out today if my order is going thru. The dealer is not very informative and I have had to call every 2 weeks for an update. If it does not get accepted by March 1st I may jump ship as well, however I am getting used to not having a second fun car so I may just do without. He is holding my deposit and $40,000 of a pre trade so walking with some cash might not be a bad idea. Maybe invest the $40,000 for 2 years and try to turn it into a new Z06.
Eric
$40,000? With the dealer? Yikes, you're a lot more trusting than me!

Get notified of new replies

To Maybe next time

Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM
ENCT
Racer

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Okay enjoy that GT-R

(PS I've been lied to by dealers of many foreign brands too--I put on my big boy pants and just go to the next dealer)

Say hello to everyone on the GT-R forum
Hopefully those 3 little guys will not be waiving at GM in the not to distant future. I will sign off this thread now as I cannot waste time making enemies. I hope everyone gets their cars in a timely fashion and drives them like they stole them.
Eric
Old 02-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Dave80C3
Melting Slicks

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
As long as GM sells Vettes at dealers that sell the rest of the Chevy line, Vette customers are not going to get the quality of service you can get at Porsche dealers. Porsche dealers are used to giving top of the line service to all of their customers. Chevy dealers spend most of their time selling Impalas, Malibus etc. The expectations of Porsche and Vette customers are different than Impala and Mailbu customers. Vettes are a big bang for the buck and part of that is a lower dealer experience.
Sad but true. Most Chevys sold are under 30K, with many falling under 22K. You just cant give the same treatment in service that you do to brands where most vehicles sell over 40K.

Treatment at my Range Rover Dealer is incredible, and the RR I have is 17K less than the vette
Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Then maybe those little guys should not be able to sell vettes at all.
That was the original model to begin with - only 900 of the 3100 Chevy dealers got to sell C7's until mid-January, even though some of those 2,200 others took orders for cars, expecting to get 1-3 allocations each for January to July 2014.
The reality is, GM would probably be better off limiting Corvette sales to 500 dealer, but then they would have to hear all the bitching from guys like you that their local dealer can't get them a Corvette.
Something else to consider, to you want the dealer who sells at most 3 Corvettes per year fixing your Corvette? I'd rather have a mechanic wrenching on one who had seen one before.

Quick Reply: Maybe next time