I smell a rat....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default I smell a rat....

Looking for your opinion on this one...

Last week I got the call from my dealer saying that the Z51 vert I have on order may wind up being a base model after all because of constraints on the Z51 and also my FAY option I need to forget about it.

According to him when GM calls your number up you have to make a decision otherwise they will loose the allocation.

So then he tells me that if I don't want a base he can order me a 2015 MY instead so that takes me to an October 2014 delivery (summers are short here in Montréal so basically summer 2014 is gone)

He promptly proceeds to tell me that if I pass this one up his boss will buy it for himself ... This dealer is small and only had 4 allocations for MY 2014. I'm the last one available.

Like I said I smell a rat...
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert

Last week I got the call from my dealer saying that the Z51 vert I have on order may wind up being a base model after all because of constraints on the Z51 and also my FAY option I need to forget about it.

According to him when GM calls your number up you have to make a decision otherwise they will loose the allocation.

So then he tells me that if I don't want a base he can order me a 2015 MY instead so that takes me to an October 2014 delivery (summers are short here in Montréal so basically summer 2014 is gone)

He promptly proceeds to tell me that if I pass this one up his boss will buy it for himself... This dealer is small and only had 4 allocations for MY 2014. I'm the last one available.

Um yep, that would be the nasty smell of a rat. Can you order from a forum dealer in US from Canada maybe?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Um yep, that would be the nasty smell of a rat. Can you order from a forum dealer in US from Canada maybe?
No I had looked at that. I can only buy used if I want to cross the border. I do own US property (so I have a US address) but I also have to be a US citizen...not the case...
Old 02-12-2014, 08:55 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Doubt if the dealer has allocation. '14 verts will be extremely rare in Canada.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 AM
airlineman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for your opinion on this one...tell him to shove it up his a** he is a dishonest dealer trying to make you buy what you don't want I canceled my order when dealer did same thing ill what for zo6

He promptly proceeds to tell me that if I pass this one up his boss will buy it for himself ... This dealer is small and only had 4 allocations for MY 2014. I'm the last one available.

[QUOTE=Zee51Vert;1586152963] Looking for your opinion on this one...tell him to shove it up his a** he is a dishonest dealer trying to make you buy what you don't want I canceled my order when dealer did same thing ill what for zo6
Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by C7Jake
Doubt if the dealer has allocation. '14 verts will be extremely rare in Canada.
He does (did) have 4 allocations. I have seen the other 3 go through the dealership, all Z51's...

Leaves one....
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

No I had looked at that. I can only buy used if I want to cross the border. I do own US property (so I have a US address) but I also have to be a US citizen...not the case...
I think there is your answer. There are used ones on the market ready to go today...maybe not exactly what you wanted, but an option?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

[QUOTE=airlineman;1586153032]
Looking for your opinion on this one...tell him to shove it up his a** he is a dishonest dealer trying to make you buy what you don't want I canceled my order when dealer did same thing ill what for zo6
I want my candy NOW !!! Actually Z06 is more a track car (read I cant afford it) so Z51 if good enough for me...
Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 AM
airlineman
Advanced

He does (did) have 4 allocations. I have seen the other 3 go through the dealership, all Z51's...

Leaves one....
he doesn't want to lose his allocation to give you the car you want
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM
airlineman
Advanced

[QUOTE=Zee51Vert;1586153137]
Originally Posted by airlineman

I want my candy NOW !!! Actually Z06 is more a track car (read I cant afford it) so Z51 if good enough for me...
you can get a base zo6 autoremoveable roof a few k more
Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Unfortunately if he only had 4 allocations and you are the last, the items (Z51 & FAY) you want are constrained to this dealer, even though not totally because a small amount of dealers will get them. Bottom line is the car is ordered minus the items you want and it’s yours or the dealer will take the allocation for stock. Get on his 2015 list or find another dealer that can get you the car, I assume allocations are tight in Canada so I don’t really smell a rat, just reality of the situation.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

[QUOTE=airlineman;1586153167]
you can get a base zo6 autoremoveable roof a few k more
Pricing is coming out in April. My best guess is about 20K more than a base, then the options plus the stupidly high taxes here....
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 AM
airlineman
Advanced

[QUOTE=Zee51Vert;1586153201]
Originally Posted by airlineman

Pricing is coming out in April. My best guess is about 20K more than a base, then the options plus the stupidly high taxes here....
most of the z51 options are standard on the z06
Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 AM
rickduff
Intermediate

St. Jude Donor '14

You don't have to be a citizen but you may have to prove residency. I was asked for a copy of my drivers license but that was as far as I had to go. I am a Canadian citizen but a US resident (Green card).

So if you happen to have a US drivers license you should be able to order it to your US address. (Might be easier to get than a '14 z51 vert in Canada.)
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be crucified for this but I would just say you may want to rethink your entire order. I got my $1,000 back from a dealer here in Omaha. He had me at 1100 status for well over 4 1/2 months with no movement. I now am having severe problems even finding a local dealer that will do a "courtesy delivery". So Iam "rethinking" the whole thing now that I got my deposit back. Rethinking as if Iam even going to go after a C7 at all. Anyone that says getting a "courtesy delivery" is easy obviously doesn't live in Omaha.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Call GM Corvette Customer Service and ask for explanation and have them call dealer. Be extremely polite but be firm.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Patriot77
I'll be crucified for this but I would just say you may want to rethink your entire order. I got my $1,000 back from a dealer here in Omaha. He had me at 1100 status for well over 4 1/2 months with no movement. I now am having severe problems even finding a local dealer that will do a "courtesy delivery". So Iam "rethinking" the whole thing now that I got my deposit back. Rethinking as if Iam even going to go after a C7 at all. Anyone that says getting a "courtesy delivery" is easy obviously doesn't live in Omaha.
No bueno for sure. How about order from larger forum dealer and do a museum delivery?

Get notified of new replies

To I smell a rat....

Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PUGPROUD
Call GM Corvette Customer Service and ask for explanation and have them call dealer. Be extremely polite but be firm.
I don't want to be "grumpy" or anything but I found Marissa at GM Customer service to be not very helpful. I emailed her about my situation and her comment to me exactly was this: "Well I can't shake these cars off of trees you know".
Old 02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
No bueno for sure. How about order from larger forum dealer and do a museum delivery?
The OP is from Canada, he is not eligible for NCM delivery - he must buy from a Canadian dealer and take delivery in Canada.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by LIStingray
The OP is from Canada, he is not eligible for NCM delivery - he must buy from a Canadian dealer and take delivery in Canada.
I was replying to the guy in Omaha that posted...

Quick Reply: I smell a rat....