Sponsored by:

Infotainment Question - iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:39 PM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Infotainment Question - iPhone

I'm donning my flame retardant suit for this - I've read the manual and watched Talon's video - and yet have these questions:

If I want to use my iPhone 5 as both a phone with Bluetooth and as a music source, and I want to plug it in behind the screen, will the music be sourced from the USB connection or Bluetooth?

If I have a phone as a music source (above iPhone) and an SD card, what will happen if the same song is on both (is this an issue)?

Are there any preferred or recommended SD cards / specs?

Thanks
Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onthebottom
I'm donning my flame retardant suit for this - I've read the manual and watched Talon's video - and yet have these questions:

If I want to use my iPhone 5 as both a phone with Bluetooth and as a music source, and I want to plug it in behind the screen, will the music be sourced from the USB connection or Bluetooth?

If I have a phone as a music source (above iPhone) and an SD card, what will happen if the same song is on both (is this an issue)?

Are there any preferred or recommended SD cards / specs?

Thanks
Simple answers. As I have an iPhone 5s, iPad and usb stick in the car at one time this is what will take place. Whichever one you use when the car is shut off, will be the one that starts when you first start your car back up. For me, I always use the USB stick. If I want to change the device, you can either touch the screen or go to the media hard key to play whichever device you want. It doesn't matter if two songs on both devices play that are the same song. It doesn't care about it....

Quick Reply: Infotainment Question - iPhone