Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

You guys just missed my birthday......I don't have a Master Blaster........
Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
You guys just missed my birthday......I don't have a Master Blaster........
Shucks, Maybe next year.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^^ Better late than never, AB.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^^ Better late than never, AB.
You know I just ordered one from Southern Car Parts but, wouldn't you know it, I told them to ship it to me. Remind me this time next year (this time meaning late again)
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

I couldn't get a 48 ElectroLux.[/QUOTE]

Why not...........look here........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Electrolux-Canister-Vacuum-Model-30-XXX-w-Original-Attachments-/281272855723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d2b2cab
Old 03-03-2014, 08:48 AM
rsl2715
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Tried the electric leaf blower did not put the amount of air out that i thought it would and it was the most powerful one i could find.Will have to go with the Master Blower.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Auto Motive
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RT 66 Masterblaster

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I have a Master Blaster and it works very well
I live a mile from a segment of the PA turnpike RT66 with the posted speed limit is 65. A car wash with 8 bays is only three miles from me and opened a few years back and has a brushless $8 wash and $1.50 qtr wash. The best feature is the 8 different settings the best one is spot free rinse. Once done I hop back onto the highway get up to 70 with cruise. By the time I get down to the 45mph sign my car is almost completely dry. Leaving the doors and hood open in the sun and within a hour not a single drop is on the car or any spots. I'm in heaven. Since the car wash is in the country Greensburg Pa to be exact its never really packed. I wash all 5 of my cars there. I call it my RT66 Masterblaster.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:03 PM
rsl2715
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Went with the Masterblaster,took back the electric grass blow air output not that good.R
Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 PM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by tractman
I couldn't get a 48 ElectroLux.

Why not...........look here........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Electrolux-Canister-Vacuum-Model-30-XXX-w-Original-Attachments-/281272855723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417d2b2cab[/QUOTE]

That's funny. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Nicky43
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Here's a Masterblaster tip:
Hang it in the corner and leave it. Purchase two hose extensions. You can quickly take the hose out to the driveway and take care of business and then re-coil it when thru. The faster you can use it....the more you will use it.
Excellent Idea. Where did you get the Hose extensions? I bought a new Master Blaster when I got my new Black C7 but find it too slow to use. It seems to just push the water around the car from one spot to another. It is great for getting water out of all the little nooks and cracks but it takes way too long to dry the car with it. I have switched to super high quality micro fiber towels for drying and can dry the whole car in three minutes. I can't do it in less than 30 minutes with the master blaster and it's still not completely dry when I use that extremely loud Master Blaster.

What might I be doing wrong? What tip do you use?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Nicky43
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cruiter
In spending 20 years in the car business you learn lots of shot cuts, some good, some a gimmick. The best trick I learned for just cleaning windows and nothing else is always use newspaper. Your hands look like crap with all the ink but the windows clean w/o streaking (inside and out).

OK, RE: the Master Blaster, I bought one and have used it twice now. Anything worth doing has a technique that makes it work the best for the individual. The 1st time was pretty much a joke with me tripping over the cord and yep, I fell twice walking over ice from the snow storm 3 days prior (oops). 2nd time was much better and I've mastered the switches. Now I just turn on the 1st one (doesn't trip the circuit breaker that way) and still gets the job done. I rapidly wash the whole car (sans the wheels) and rinse it. Then immediately following the last rinse I dry it starting at the roof and do the w/s and back glass then work my way around. Timing is everything to keep down the spotting but got it done. I did the wheels (black) last being careful not to spray water all over the nice dry car then dried them. Total wash and dry including the wheels was probably a half hour give or take 5 minutes.

I use a fake lambs wool mitten (it gets a run through the washing machine after each use) and Mothers car wash detergent. I also use an older mitten for the wheels. I have and used to use the silicon California squeegee but the ridges and curves on the C7 make it difficult to do a great job. If your car spots to easily, maybe it needs a good quality wax job to make a lot of the water bead and blow off easily.
Wow, So that is the secret to not blowing the circuit breakers. LOL! Mine blows it all the time before I get half way done but that's the whole problem with the Master Blaster, it never seems to get all the water off. It just blows it from one panel to the next and I end up chasing the water across the car. I really hate using this thing and don't anymore. It's a shame because it's brand new and was over $350.00!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM
thealien
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky43
Wow, Mine blows it all the time before I get half way done but that's the whole problem with the Master Blaster, it never seems to get all the water off. It just blows it from one panel to the next and I end up chasing the water across the car. I really hate using this thing and don't anymore. It's a shame because it's brand new and was over $350.00!

I posted a link a few posts back in this thread showing an Adams video showing a way to rinse the car leaving less water behind to blow off/around.

Watch this video especially about the 8:50 mark and on rinsing. You would be surprised how much less water you have to blow off. I then use my Master Blaster. After there will always be a few water spots. Some quick detail spray and a nice microfiber and you're done!!

SHEETING RINSE
Old 08-25-2014, 08:17 AM
RHHalford
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Best Buy

The Master Blaster is out of stock
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by rsl2715
Just picked up my TR-Z51 last week,when it comes time for the first bath.It will be done by me by hand. Picked up a good idea on line how to dry your car.They said use a electric grass blower highest blowing power goes for about 100 dollars,you know the stores.DO NOT USE A GAS BLOWER.I believe this is a very good idea,will get those places a towel never gets.R
Drying cars with a absorber which are 10 dollars everywhere.
Then follow with a fine microfiber cloth is part of the wash process.
The way to go!

When you dry with a blower you can leave fine mineral deposit's!
Then anything you happen you miss (which you will) dry's right back on the finish.

esp watch when you blow out cracks or mirror's you can see the deposits dry to the finish

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 08-25-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:27 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I have a Master Blaster and it works very well

Master Blaster is a terrific item.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:32 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
On sale at Best Buy for $285.
Do you have a SKU# or link, I cannot find it....Thanks
Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

I'm not sure what you're doing different re: your drying technique. Maybe it's minerals in your water ???

RE: the 'sheeting rinse' technique, I can't explain why but it works! And if you're using the Master Blaster it makes the job a lot easier. Also I can't explain why but the great shine on my car is even better when air drying with the Blaster. After a good wash & sheet rinse & blaster dry, the finish ROCKS ! Could it be the wash soap? Good water? Or maybe that I wash it fast, rinse it immediately and have the dryer already ready to go? Or maybe all of the above
Washing & drying your car is like shaving with an old style safety razor, you adapt your own technique on what works best for you, and leaves the finish (or skin) in the best shape . There's probably no universal BEST answer.
Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Drying cars with a absorber which are 10 dollars everywhere.
Then follow with a fine microfiber cloth is part of the wash process.
The way to go!

When you dry with a blower you can leave fine mineral deposit's!
Then anything you happen you miss (which you will) dry's right back on the finish.

esp watch when you blow out cracks or mirror's you can see the deposits dry to the finish

Get notified of new replies

To Blow dry your C7

Old 08-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

I'll never use a blaster as I like to seal when drying using a drying sealant like duragloss Aquawax, spray it on when car is wet, dry with a single waffle weave after doing the sheeting rinse above and instant sealant. Works very well and saves tons of time. Once car is initially detailed, drying sealants can put years between major details.....
Old 08-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,876 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by 1KULC7
Do you have a SKU# or link, I cannot find it....Thanks
I bought mine from Amazon 2 years ago and love it...... with Prime, there is no shipping charge either. There are several Amazon Prime sources available for the same unit, and the prices vary. Here's one of them.

I use it on the entire car in about 15 or so minutes, then hit the car with a light round of Adams Detail Spray and my double microfiber cloth. You'd swear I just waxed the car.

Amazon Amazon
Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Chuck Mahnke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 244 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky43
Wow, So that is the secret to not blowing the circuit breakers. LOL! Mine blows it all the time before I get half way done but that's the whole problem with the Master Blaster
Running at full power (both motors on) the MB draws 18 Amps and therefore will trip 15 Amp circuit breakers. It requires at least a 20 Amp circuit. Many new homes will have at least one 20 Amp outlet in the garage but in my case with an older home, I added a 20 Amp breaker to my electrical panel and ran 12 gauge cable to a new outlet in the garage. A very simple project for anyone with basic knowledge of electrical wiring. It took me less than an hour and minimal materials expense. Now I also have additional capacity for power tools in the garage.

Quick Reply: Blow dry your C7