Blow dry your C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

I've got a California Squeegee (silicone blade) I've had for over 10 years with no issues but I think the Master Blaster is what's needed now for all the ridges and curves. I'll be ordering mine in the morning.
Originally Posted by rawhide
I"ve used a silicone wiper blade for 9 years and never noticed any scratches. Still my c-7 should be here in under 10 days and want the best. Any comments on the blade.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, I found a price of $307 - my 10% military discount at Home Depot's online store but they're out for at least two weeks. I'll be ordering mine tomorrow from Best Buy .
Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
Here you go:

Metro - Air Force Vehicle Dryer

Name is different but it is the same Master Blaster.

I just ordered one yesterday.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 13brv3a
I ordered one yesterday. I wonder if Best Buy has any clue why this is happening

Rusty
Never thought about that. It will probably skew their metrics..
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Went to Best Buy this morning and ordered it, but even better, they matched Home Depot's price for me. Home Depot's price was $307 minus 10% (military discount for active duty, reserve & retired). Brought the price down to $267.98 so if any of you ordering have a current military affiliation or retirement, print out the Home Depot page with their price and show it along with your ID and they'll match it .
Old 02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Here's a Masterblaster tip:
Hang it in the corner and leave it. Purchase two hose extensions. You can quickly take the hose out to the driveway and take care of business and then re-coil it when thru. The faster you can use it....the more you will use it.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BAD-LS1
Gas can throw oil and film onto the paint.
Never had that happen with my gas leaf blower....never, ever....
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 PM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Here's a Masterblaster tip:
Hang it in the corner and leave it. Purchase two hose extensions. You can quickly take the hose out to the driveway and take care of business and then re-coil it when thru. The faster you can use it....the more you will use it.
Excellent idea John!
Ordered Master Blaster from Best Buy, but no option for hose extensions...I assume they are a standard diamater....what is is
or where did you get yours? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:20 PM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
Here you go:

Metro - Air Force Vehicle Dryer

Name is different but it is the same Master Blaster.

I just ordered one yesterday.
Thanks Buzzardz! Just ordered one myself!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Extra hose right from Metro.... I used two more extensions to give me enough.
https://www.metrovacworld.com/Blaste...D184MVC_56D184
Old 02-07-2014, 08:59 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I like the master blaster idea. But I took car of my black C6 by washing carefully, rinsing, removing excess water with a synthetic chamois, buffing with a clean micro fiber towel. I always used a blower around the wheels, grill work and tail lights. Black shows EVERYTHING and this "method" seems to have served me well.

I think I will invest in the master blaster for its heated, filtered air. It will also work well on my motorcycle.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Litumup411
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by c6miller
I use my Echo gas blower and never had a problem and no need to worry about an electrical cord. I hold the tip with one hand and the other the blower. In one minute I get the wheels, mirrors, taillights and most of the water off the car then finish with Griot's yellow drying towel(they are great).
Echo for me too. Best blowers out there. Fast, effective, and cordless. They're also very well balanced and somewhat lightweight.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:23 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In an effort to revamp my cleaning routine I purchased a Metro before I took delivery and have been pretty happy. However, I thought I would be able to eliminate the majority of towel touching on paint (and save time) and that hasn't been the case.

It seems if I try to blow dry completely I don't get to the whole car before some water is already dry and spotting. Like chasing your tail. Or if I towel off first then hit the usual areas to blow out hidden water, the Metro will aerosolize the droplets and then I still need to use the towels.

I'm still trying to get a routine down as for as how I'm washing (2 bucket, rinseless under certain conditions, power wash with foam). This morning I did a regular 2 bucket wash, blow dry difficult areas, silicone blade on glass, towel off and follow with quick detailer to get what I missed. After light cleaning on the interior and wheels, I looked at my phone and I had been at it for 3 hours! I can't do this every Sat Or can I?

Open to any suggestions on more efficient use of the Metro, maybe my expectation was a bit much.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:57 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fsmith100
I'm wondering why they even have these things but hey, good for us.
Man , I thought I was messed up but this bunch takes the cake ..... You guys are . But I totally understand .....

BTW , I use a good ole absorber followed by a microfiber towel . Works fine for me .

I am going to invent a product that everyone here is going to need . I just have to figure out what I am going to invent ..... Thinking .....
Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by C7Joy
.... But I took care of my black C6 by washing carefully, rinsing, removing excess water with a synthetic chamois, buffing with a clean micro fiber towel. I always used a blower around the wheels, grill work and tail lights. Black shows EVERYTHING and this "method" seems to have served me well. ....

My method for years! And prior to micro fiber towels, my chamois worked quite well. And no damage was ever done to the paint on my cars.

Personal choices, but I can buy a lot of towels for the cost of a Master Blaster. Besides, drying my cars with a towel is therapeutic.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jackhall99

My method for years! And prior to micro fiber towels, my chamois worked quite well. And no damage was ever done to the paint on my cars.

Personal choices, but I can buy a lot of towels for the cost of a Master Blaster. Besides, drying my cars with a towel is therapeutic.
I agree...I can do a rinseless and dry with a spray sealant finish in about 30 min. All my stuff is meticulously clean and I've never scratched any car I own. It's therapeutic.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:35 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glen e
I agree...I can do a rinseless and dry with a spray sealant finish in about 30 min. All my stuff is meticulously clean and I've never scratched any car I own. It's therapeutic.

3 hrs vs 30 mins--obviously I need more therapy than you guys!!

Originally Posted by jackhall99

Longer sessions in therapy, more money too
Old 02-08-2014, 07:21 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

I dry with an electric leaf blower and then detail with Zaino Z8 Detail spray with a microfiber towel.

No DRY microfiber towel ever touches the paint.

..and God fobid, NEVER wipe the dust off in between washes with a California Duster.
They should call that thing the California Scratcher. or as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, The Cal EEE fornia Duster

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 02-08-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Blow dry your C7

Old 02-08-2014, 07:31 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by tentorium
In an effort to revamp my cleaning routine I purchased a Metro before I took delivery and have been pretty happy. However, I thought I would be able to eliminate the majority of towel touching on paint (and save time) and that hasn't been the case.

It seems if I try to blow dry completely I don't get to the whole car before some water is already dry and spotting. Like chasing your tail. Or if I towel off first then hit the usual areas to blow out hidden water, the Metro will aerosolize the droplets and then I still need to use the towels.

I'm still trying to get a routine down as for as how I'm washing (2 bucket, rinseless under certain conditions, power wash with foam). This morning I did a regular 2 bucket wash, blow dry difficult areas, silicone blade on glass, towel off and follow with quick detailer to get what I missed. After light cleaning on the interior and wheels, I looked at my phone and I had been at it for 3 hours! I can't do this every Sat Or can I?

Open to any suggestions on more efficient use of the Metro, maybe my expectation was a bit much.
It is imposible to get every drop with the leaf blower before it dries.

I have 2 water spigots outside. One is untreated tap water, one is soft water.

Here in AZ the regular tap water is so hard, we need a softwater system in our houses to prevent calcium build up on tubs/showers/sinks. We had our house built, so I had the builder add the 2nd spigot outside with soft water, just for car washing.

So, even if the water dries, it is very easy to remove the soft water spots with detail spray.

If your water is hard and leaving tough spots, try pouring distilled water or RO Water (reverse osmosis water, if you have an RO drinking water system) on it before you hit it with the leaf blower. That will replace the hard water with soft water.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 02-08-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 AM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by tentorium
3 hrs vs 30 mins--obviously I need more therapy than you guys!!

Longer sessions in therapy, more money too
Spending time with a car is great, no matter what you are doing with it!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:02 PM
thealien
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Watch this video especially about the 8:50 mark and on rinsing. You would be surprised how much less water you have to blow off. I then use my Master Blaster. After there will always be a few water spots. Some quick detail spray and a nice microfiber and you're done!!

SHEETING RINSE

Last edited by thealien; 03-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Blow dry your C7