Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Just placed my deposit with Abel GM... NRB 2LT Z51

Seriously... I think that smiley best sums up how I'm feeling right now!

The order:
  • Night Race Blue
  • 2LT
  • Z51
  • Coupe
  • Manual transmission
  • Silver wheels
  • Black calipers
  • Performance exhaust
  • Magnetic ride suspension
  • GT seats
  • Kalihari w/ suede interior
  • Painted roof
  • Carbon flash spoiler / mirrors
  • Museum delivery

Now to wait for the order to get processed and whatnot. If things happen as I'd like them to, I'll be trying to have the museum delivery happen the last week of May. Plan would be to pick it up, cruise up to St Paul for a cousin's wedding (opportunity to see / show off to a lot of family at once), and then cruise on back to California about midways up the US.

If my '01 hadn't been totaled by a red light runner back in September, and if State Farm hadn't given me a killer reimbursement for losing the vehicle, wouldn't have been able to consider going for this... but here I am... holy cr@p!

Big thanks to a lot of folks on here for providing so much info and photos to help me narrow down what I wanted to order.

UPDATE 2/17: The order's been changed so I'm going with Boardwalk Chevrolet, deposit was put in today. Thanks to the Chris and Derek at Abel for being very open about the ordering situation, and thanks to Tim at Boardwalk for getting the ball rolling!

Last edited by flaagan; 02-18-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 922 Likes on 481 Posts
Tech Contributor

Congrats....I suggest you read this all the way thru...you need the dealer to tell you that you are at code 2000 before you can start the party.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...r-holders.html
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Hmmm.. Future followup to "I want answers!" ??

Flaagan, I recommend you read the link glen provided and ask your dealer if they have an allocation to assign to you now. I'd hate to see your plans dashed by the car not being ready.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Allocation, Allocation, Allocation!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Very similar to my order, I like your taste! Good luck with the progression of your order.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks guys! Yeah, well aware of where I'm at on their allocation list, also well aware to not get worked up into a "it's gotta happen on this day and be magical" mindset. I've let them know when I'd like to get the car, and I'll work with what I get.

One way or another the R8C is going to be a 'set in stone' part of this order. The opportunity to do a museum delivery is something I never in a million years expected to have happen, especially after the rather cr@ppy turn of events that lead up to me being able to do this. When I still had my '01 I'd wanted for a number of years to do the big cruise to the museum, but could never work it out. I figure starting from the other end of that trip won't be so bad!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Congrats on the upgrade. I don't think you'll care about the C5 much after you receive it
Old 02-05-2014, 02:52 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by flaagan

The order:
  • Night Race Blue
  • 2LT
  • Z51
  • Coupe
  • Manual transmission
  • Silver wheels
  • Black calipers
  • Performance exhaust
  • GT seats
  • Painted roof
  • Museum delivery

Now to wait for the order to get processed and whatnot. If things happen as I'd like them to, I'll be trying to have the museum delivery happen the last week of May. Plan would be to pick it up, cruise up to St Paul for a cousin's wedding (opportunity to see / show off to a lot of family at once), and then cruise on back to California about midways up the US.

If my '01 hadn't been totaled by a red light runner back in September, and if State Farm hadn't given me a killer reimbursement for losing the vehicle, wouldn't have been able to consider going for this... but here I am... holy cr@p!

Big thanks to a lot of folks on here for providing so much info and photos to help me narrow down what I wanted to order.
Hey, congratulations. I also ordered my car there. It was a great experience, the best I ever had buying a car. And best of all, at MSRP. My salesman was Anthony. He's a good guy and so is Derek Abel.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by blackmagicZ
Hey, congratulations. I also ordered my car there. It was a great experience, the best I ever had buying a car. And best of all, at MSRP. My salesman was Anthony. He's a good guy and so is Derek Abel.
Yup! My parents were looking to replace their '03 Z71 Avalanche recently and ended up in contact with Chris and Derek regarding a '12 LTZ Avalanche. I went with my father to pick it up and talked with Derek then, great experience the whole time.

I'd had lunch in town before we picked the car up and saw a photo of Derek's dad racing a Corvette on the wall of the burger joint, so I knew I was talking to the right crowd.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM
diesel225
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just picked up my c7 it took about 8 weeks for delivery.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 PM
FASTARNIE
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your order with Abel

The order:
  • Night Race Blue
  • 2LT
  • Z51
  • Coupe
  • Manual transmission
  • Silver wheels
  • Black calipers
  • Performance exhaust
  • GT seats
  • Painted roof
  • Museum delivery

Abel is a good dealer but small with probably a low allocation allowance. Why not call the BIGGEST CORVETTE dealership in California and see if they might already have your car in stock. If not, they can order your car with no question of the proper allotment to get you your car when you want it. Call the Sales manager for all corvettes at the dealership Tim Boone at 1 (866) 392 8248. He is a GOOD GUY and not like some of the sales people out there. I bought mine from him and am very satisfied with Tim and how he handled the order on my stingray.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by FASTARNIE
Abel is a good dealer but small with probably a low allocation allowance. Why not call the BIGGEST CORVETTE dealership in California and see if they might already have your car in stock. If not, they can order your car with no question of the proper allotment to get you your car when you want it. Call the Sales manager for all corvettes at the dealership Tim Boone at 1 (866) 392 8248. He is a GOOD GUY and not like some of the sales people out there. I bought mine from him and am very satisfied with Tim and how he handled the order on my stingray.
Well, talked with Abel again today, not going to likely going with them as they're thinking they're not going to get their allocation anywhere soon enough. Shot a PM to Tim and an email to Dublin Chevy, see where that gets me. Not wholly surprised that this was the result, but wanted to give Abel the opportunity of my business first.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Had a feeling that may happen...sorry.

Make 100% sure on allocation first.

Just order from a forum dealer and be done!!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:51 PM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The order:
  • Night Race Blue
  • 2LT
  • Z51
  • Coupe
  • Manual transmission
  • Silver wheels
  • Black calipers
  • Performance exhaust
  • GT seats
  • Painted roof
  • Museum delivery

Nice color and option combo ... It's almost identical to what I bought and have been getting tons of compliments on the colors.

Once thing I would re-consider is the carbon flash black mirrors... The NRB is so dark i think it looks better body color as it almost looks like black vs off-black when not in direct sunlight.

--C
Old 02-12-2014, 12:59 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Had a feeling that may happen...sorry.

Make 100% sure on allocation first.

Just order from a forum dealer and be done!!
It's no biggie, and even if it does shift when I pick it up from the museum I can work with that. Heck, not that many months ago I was figuring I might be able to get a C7 used in maybe a decade, so any little shift in these plans now I can deal with.

May go with a forum dealer if local doesn't pan out, shall see what happens!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:04 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by DFW_C7
Nice color and option combo ... It's almost identical to what I bought and have been getting tons of compliments on the colors.

Once thing I would re-consider is the carbon flash black mirrors... The NRB is so dark i think it looks better body color as it almost looks like black vs off-black when not in direct sunlight.

--C
I'm thinking I might stick with it, if nothing else 'cause I plan on getting the silver painted wheels repainted in carbon flash, go for a 'blue on black' scheme. From a few photos I've seen of the combo I like the slight bit of contrast. We'll see, gotta get the order sorted out still.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:45 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

I will throw this out there just because you are doing the Museum delivery, which means it really doesn't matter who orders your C7. Contact MacMulkin or Kerbeck - you will definitely get a car delivered exactly as your specs show by them in that time frame and you can likely get it for a few dollars (maybe $500) under MSRP.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Updated a few days ago, got a deposit in with Tim at Boardwalk Chevrolet. Wonder if I couldn't get a mod to edit my thread title to remove the "with Abel GM"?

Get notified of new replies

To Just placed my deposit with Abel GM... NRB 2LT Z51

Quick Reply: Just placed my deposit with Abel GM... NRB 2LT Z51