Sponsored by:

Courtesy Delivery Practices

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Premmer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Courtesy Delivery Practices

I just received a courtesy delivery. I’m missing the second FOB and Owner’s Manual with misc warranty information and pocketed Holder. The courtesy delivery dealer believes GM automatically sends these (2) items to the selling dealer. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Last edited by Premmer; 02-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Florida_C7
Intermediate

Mine was missing the second FOB but it was an error on the driver as he gave the wrong keys at delivery. I have it now.. Owners manual and such was given to me by the courtesy dealer as well...
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Premmer
I just received a courtesy delivery. I’m missing the second FOB and Owner’s Manual with misc warranty information and pocketed Holder. The courtesy delivery dealer believes GM automatically sends these (2) items to the selling dealer. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
I had a courtesy delivery made for my C-7 also. Bought it through Kerbeck in Atlantic City, N.J. and had it delivered to Fichtner in Laurel, Mt. on January 11th.
Everything that was supposed to be in the car was there, they installed the optional wheel center caps that I ordered, (and the original center caps were still in the sealed plastic envelope that they came in.)
The dealer filled the gas tank. and had the 'summer Michelin tires' replaced with 'Michelin A/S 3 tires' that I had delivered to the dealer a week before the car got there.
There is no way that I could have been treated better than I was by Ken, Kathy, and Dennis Fichtner, (and the dealership in general.)

Now if they could only make the SNOW go away!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

The dealer is blowing smoke. Both the portfolio and the second fob are in the trunk of every car. We've checked in over 500 cats so far and haven't missed one. None of our museum or courtesy deliveries were missinga thing either.

Check eBay to see if they're any fobs or books for sale from someone in your area. You would be surprised how many dealers have these stolen from all car lines to be sold on eBay.

Dave
Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
The dealer is blowing smoke. Both the portfolio and the second fob are in the trunk of every car. We've checked in over 500 cats so far and haven't missed one. None of our museum or courtesy deliveries were missinga thing either.

Check eBay to see if they're any fobs or books for sale from someone in your area. You would be surprised how many dealers have these stolen from all car lines to be sold on eBay.

Dave
I was about to reply the same thing, until I read your response. Mostly likely stolen by dealer.

Nothing surprises me me anymore. Sad
Old 02-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Stein
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Dave
I was completely satisfied with Dave/Kerbeck and my courtesy delivery along with my dealer where the car is still be shown and nice and warm and dry. But I am getting anxious for spring.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Since the missing items were in the car when it shipped it seems to me that the delivering dealer is responsible for getting them to you.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Premmer
Instructor

Dave
One should not jump to conclusions; both items found in title clerk's office.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 973 Likes on 506 Posts
Tech Contributor

So he made up something in post #1 but now he's ok...?

No he was lying and blowing smoke......
Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Philr56
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

Question about courtesy delivery -- did anyone pay to have the PDI done and did the courtesy delivery dealership charge a doc fee? That is the noise I'm getting from the local dealer because I didn't order from him. Is that the usual process?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Premmer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Glen e
So he made up something in post #1 but now he's ok...?

No he was lying and blowing smoke......
Exactly, everything is OK now given the informative responses from some forum members.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Tannman
Racer

Originally Posted by MeanDean43
I had a courtesy delivery made for my C-7 also. Bought it through Kerbeck in Atlantic City, N.J. and had it delivered to Fichtner in Laurel, Mt. on January 11th.
Everything that was supposed to be in the car was there, they installed the optional wheel center caps that I ordered, (and the original center caps were still in the sealed plastic envelope that they came in.)
The dealer filled the gas tank. and had the 'summer Michelin tires' replaced with 'Michelin A/S 3 tires' that I had delivered to the dealer a week before the car got there.
There is no way that I could have been treated better than I was by Ken, Kathy, and Dennis Fichtner, (and the dealership in general.)

Now if they could only make the SNOW go away!
You are very fortunate. Fichtner Chevrolet is one of the best in the U.S. I would have purchased mine from them if they had had an allocation for me. I called them too late.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:53 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

The dealer is blowing smoke. Both the portfolio and the second fob are in the trunk of every car.
One should not jump to conclusions; both items found in title clerk's office.
Dave's point was that when there's a courtesy delivery involved, these items are never sent to the selling dealer. As your delivering dealer has shown, Dave is correct.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:54 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tannman
You are very fortunate. Fichtner Chevrolet is one of the best in the U.S. I would have purchased mine from them if they had had an allocation for me. I called them too late.
Fichtner is first class all the way.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
+1, Good people!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I bought my 2013 60th Anniv Edition from Ken two years ago, and traded for my C7 last month. Absolutely a class act.

Forum dealers are pros - I have not heard a negative about any but one, and I don't think they're here anymore. I'll refrain from naming names, but the old timers know who I'm talking about.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery Practices

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery Practices