C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 today . . . on a car carrier near Baltimore, Md..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:42 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 213 Likes on 131 Posts

Default Saw my first C7 today . . . on a car carrier near Baltimore, Md..

I rarely see Corvettes on the roads near my home outside of Baltimore, Md. But today was much different - while driving on the Baltimore Beltway I first saw two C6 convertibles and then a car carrier transporting a TR C7 on the upper level.

This was the first C7 I've seen in person and I thought it looked great. I thought it looks like a next generation Toyota Supra, Nissan Z, or Mazda Rx-8 might look - a very imported style. This is not a bad thing to me, as I have previously owned and enjoyed all of those Japanese sports cars.

I do own a 13 GS coupe and still love the classic look of the wide body, the halo, curved rear window and 4 round taillights in the rear. So from the view I had the C7 actually looked almost unrelated to the C6, or any previous Corvette. But it really looked great, and I would like to own one.

Here's the pictures of the C7 on the carrier on the highway, taken at 65 mph with my cell phone. Pics were taken around 4:00pm on the Beltway outside Baltimore, heading north. Perhaps this C7 belongs to someone here. If so, congratulations to the lucky new owner.

Craig

Last edited by csf; 01-28-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you like the new style, something that will grow on you like it did me. I just traded my C6Z for a new C7 but I considered a leftover 13'GS first, the best C6 for the money.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by csf
I rarely see Corvettes on the roads near my home outside of Baltimore, Md. But today was much different - while driving on the Baltimore Beltway I first saw two C6 convertibles and then a car carrier transporting a TR C7 on the upper level.

This was the first C7 I've seen in person and I thought it looked great. I thought it looks like a next generation Toyota Supra, Nissan Z, or Mazda Rx-8 might look - a very imported style. This is not a bad thing to me, as I have previously owned and enjoyed all of those Japanese sports cars.

I do own a 13 GS coupe and still love the classic look of the wide body, the halo, curved rear window and 4 round taillights in the rear. So from the view I had the C7 actually looked almost unrelated to the C6, or any previous Corvette. But it really looked great, and I would like to own one.

Here's the pictures of the C7 on the carrier on the highway, taken at 65 mph with my cell phone. Pics were taken around 4:00pm on the Beltway outside Baltimore, heading north. Perhaps this C7 belongs to someone here. If so, congratulations to the lucky new owner.

Craig

A C7 on an Open Carrier without the BG Factory Car Cover, Blasphemy!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

That range rover sport looks pissed! (I hate the new body style of the 14 RRS!)

That's my first baby!

Originally Posted by Second Vette
This is my second baby!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

My thoughts exactly - that's just not right!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:13 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by csf

Craig

You need to move to a heavily populated area(like southwest Missouri, LOL, where I live). I have seen two C7's locally(Torch red and Crystal Red Metallic) even though we are in the middle of winter(it's 8 degrees outside as I write this). I see C6's all the time if the weather is halfway decent(dry and above 40 degrees).

I suspect by July, C7's will be all over the place(locally).
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM
VicCaerter
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I live in the same area and have seen at least half a dozen.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 AM
690 HP V
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a dealer xfer. Look at the tag.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Glad you like the new style, something that will grow on you like it did me. I just traded my C6Z for a new C7 but I considered a leftover 13'GS first, the best C6 for the money.
Yes we know you did...over and over and over again...woohooo...He trade an old C6Z for a new Base C7...Congrats again and again...

On topic...Not sure what part of B-more you are in OP but I spend some time in the Baltimore area and its flooded with Vettes
Old 01-29-2014, 02:41 PM
ersin
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool. I saw five of them, being transported properly, back in September: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...post1585054120. Too bad none of them were for me.

Cheers.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:58 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Should be a lot in Balmer (East Baltimore pronunciation) since Criswell is over in Gaithersburg.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM
richardgd
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to see a lot of C7's, visit Criswell Chevrolet. I was there a couple weeks ago and saw 40 of them lined up in the lot. It was nice to see all variations at one time up close and personal. Some were already sold but still available for viewing.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen 1 BS 1 LB and the 1 CR and 1 CR Vert, in Jacksonville Fl all last month. The CR vert had a tan top that just screamed luxury. Very elegant.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 PM
ersin
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by craig04c5
Should be a lot in Balmer (East Baltimore pronunciation) since Criswell is over in Gaithersburg.
But Gaithersburg is closer to Washington DC than it is to Balmer. If there is a hell for drivers, it's the DC beltway. Especially that part of the DC beltway in Virginia. The reason Criswell sells so many Corvettes is that all those people in and near DC want to get away from DC as fast as possible. lol.

j/k

Cheers.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:10 AM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ersin
But Gaithersburg is closer to Washington DC than it is to Balmer. If there is a hell for drivers, it's the DC beltway. Especially that part of the DC beltway in Virginia. The reason Criswell sells so many Corvettes is that all those people in and near DC want to get away from DC as fast as possible. lol.

j/k

Cheers.
LOL Rt 70 West to 27 south. No DC Beltway Beltway needed.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw my first C7 today . . . on a car carrier near Baltimore, Md..

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 today . . . on a car carrier near Baltimore, Md..