Remote Battery terminals

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:35 PM
TRC7
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Remote Battery terminals

Ok
So I have a Z51 Vin 757 and I am looking at using the front fuse block for some of my accessories. I have read the manual and note that there are remote battery terminals in the engine compartment, apparently behind the Fuse block. The sump tank leaves very little room behind the fuse block. I think I see what might be the terminal/(s) but not sure I could get a set of jumpers on the terminal.
Does anyone have a picture of the remote terminals in the engine compartment with a Z51 package?
Thanks
TRC7
Old 01-27-2014, 06:42 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Here's one that was posted:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1585478599-post30.html
Old 01-27-2014, 06:53 PM
slvr 07
Melting Slicks

good to know, thanks
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,640 Likes on 6,640 Posts

Originally Posted by TRC7
Ok
So I have a Z51 Vin 757 and I am looking at using the front fuse block for some of my accessories. I have read the manual and note that there are remote battery terminals in the engine compartment, apparently behind the Fuse block. The sump tank leaves very little room behind the fuse block. I think I see what might be the terminal/(s) but not sure I could get a set of jumpers on the terminal.
Does anyone have a picture of the remote terminals in the engine compartment with a Z51 package?
Thanks
TRC7
Have seen the pics where the plastic cover over the input power to the front fuse panel is indicated as what is referred to in the Owner’s Manual as a location for jump starting. First, it is very difficult to remove the plastic cover, it doesn’t look like it was designed to be easily removed. I am not convinced this connection is meant to be used for jump starting. The access for jumper cables is close to other parts, a possible problem. Is the wire size for the fuse panel of sufficient size to handle the current for a starter? It sure is much smaller than what I used in my street rod to handle the high current needed from its right rear battery location! Also there is no obvious quality ground connection.
In cars I have had and our current Cayenne with a battery in the truck or under the rear seat there is a clearly marked location under the hood that is well protected from shorts for both the positive and negative connections. I have sent a message to a Chevy Customer service rep and asked about this location, the wire size for starting current etc. I wonder if the manual info was not just lifted from another car that had these and the C7 doesn’t. We’ll see if I get a response from Chevy.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 AM
TRC7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RicK T
Rick and Jerry thanks for the photo's and the info. That is what I needed.
Probably will never use these terminals for a jump, just to cluttered. But you answered my question. I will probably power my Radar and curb alert off the front fuse box for my Curb Alert and my Radar V1. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
TRC7

Get notified of new replies

To Remote Battery terminals

Quick Reply: Remote Battery terminals