Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I'm glad to hear your trip was saved!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi C7Kevin,

Thank you for posting your experience with Les Standford, and giving us and the forum member’s feedback! If you would like PM us, we can put in a formal compliment and notify Chris. Just let us know!

I am sorry to hear that your Auto Show experience was lacking! Myself, Kelly and the rest of team on the forum were able to attend. It’s too bad that we didn't cross paths on the showroom floor!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
I've bought from Les Sanford in the past and had a great experience.
When no one else would do employee discounts they came thru for me.
Dealers here could give employee discounts but would not do it I bought c5 and c6s out of state because of this.
z51vett
Doug

Last edited by z51vett; 01-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:25 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi C7Kevin,

Thank you for posting your experience with Les Standford, and giving us and the forum member’s feedback! If you would like PM us, we can put in a formal compliment and notify Chris. Just let us know!

I am sorry to hear that your Auto Show experience was lacking! Myself, Kelly and the rest of team on the forum were able to attend. It’s too bad that we didn't cross paths on the showroom floor!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks very much, Marissa !!!!

I would like nothing better than to have you put in a formal compliment for Chris and notify him. What do I need to do to make that happen??? Thanks so much for your offer, Marissa !!!!

I wish we could have met at the car show.
Oh well !! Maybe next time....

Bye! Kevin
Old 01-30-2014, 10:04 AM
CWARRENLT1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Kevin

I would like nothing better than to have you put in a formal compliment for Chris and notify him. What do I need to do to make that happen??? Thanks so much for your offer, Marissa !!!!

Bye! Kevin
I don't post much. I usually IM answers to questions direct to the people than start a flame war. But I wanted to say THANKS for the kind words. The dealership as a whole is a great place to work and having over 20 years here at the same dealer, I give my best at earning the business.
Got your email Kevin and the text is already sent to get your answer
Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I wish Chris had sold me my used C6 I bought from LS. I know they say "buyer beware", but what I found after I bought my car, I won't buy from them again. Lesson learned I guess.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Bye! Kevin
You're welcome Kevin! All you need to do is shoot me a private message with your contact info, and I will get a case set up for the compliment. Once I do that the dealer will be notified of the great experience you had.

Always like to hear stories like this! Thank you for sharing yours, sorry we missed you at NAIAS, but there is always next year!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Robo Squirrel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Les Stanford treated me like total CRAP when i was trying to order my C7...
Old 02-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett
I've bought from Les Sanford in the past and had a great experience.
When no one else would do employee discounts they came thru for me.
Dealers here could give employee discounts but would not do it I bought c5 and c6s out of state because of this.
z51vett
Doug
Hey Doug,

You had me confused for a minute! I only read the first couple sentences and thought for you were in Michigan.

Next time you order from Les Sanford and you find yourself in Michigan let us know.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Jake
Ask LS for a $3K discount
This.....^^^

As long as the Chevy dealer I choose to do business will honor or beat the lowest price I can find elsewhere on the same car, they've got my business. If not, pox on 'em, since I'll be buying elsewhere. Since there is no discernible value in paying thou$and$ more for the same thing.....
Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 AM
CantonVette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too purchased at Les Stanford (torch red 3LT Z51) and the experience was great. I would highly recommend using this dealership and Tony Aguirre.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:49 AM
C7Kevin
Racer

Originally Posted by CantonVette
I too purchased at Les Stanford (torch red 3LT Z51) and the experience was great. I would highly recommend using this dealership and Tony Aguirre.
Hi, CantonVette,

I have been on the fence about whether or not to go Z51 with Magnetic shocks. My only concern with the Z51 is "will it be too stiff"? I am retired and will NOT be using my C7 as a daily driver. I expect that much of my driving will be either on freeways or moderately quick mountain/coastal roads. As such, I expect that road surfaces will not be a problem for the Z51. What do you think about your decision to go with a Z51. The Z51 option is a bitchin' grocery bag of performance-related features, not just the stiffer suspension. The e-diff, larger wheels/tires larger brakes and drysump. PLUSSSSS, you must have the Z51 in order to get the Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Performance Traction Management. Thanks for any help you can lend....
Old 02-05-2014, 02:37 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hi, CantonVette,

I have been on the fence about whether or not to go Z51 with Magnetic shocks. My only concern with the Z51 is "will it be too stiff"? I am retired and will NOT be using my C7 as a daily driver. I expect that much of my driving will be either on freeways or moderately quick mountain/coastal roads. As such, I expect that road surfaces will not be a problem for the Z51. What do you think about your decision to go with a Z51. The Z51 option is a bitchin' grocery bag of performance-related features, not just the stiffer suspension. The e-diff, larger wheels/tires larger brakes and drysump. PLUSSSSS, you must have the Z51 in order to get the Magnetic Selective Ride Control and Performance Traction Management. Thanks for any help you can lend....
Kevin - my experience: I have owned 3 C5's with Z51, and 3 C6's, including 2 Grand Sports, which is basically the same thing. When the constraints were announced on Z51 for C7, I dropped the option from my order. I've had the C7 for three weeks now, and can honestly say - if you don't plan on putting the car on the track, save your money. The car is that good.

Back on topic - I have dealt with Kevin at LS in the past when I worked for The VetterNet - LS is good people!

Last edited by HummelS; 02-05-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 AM
CantonVette
Advanced

Hi, CantonVette,

I disagree with the above reply to your post, but definitely respect the opinion. I don't believe one can compare different generations of the vehicle due to the technology differences. For example, I test drove a C6 GS the year prior to my C7 purchase, which, both in drive and interior, is IMHO, not comparable. The 3LT Z51 is amazing and the MSRC takes car of any ride concerns, great technology. The PTM definitely gives one the sense of being a better driver than they are, again, amazing stuff.

If you are going to buy a C7, go with all the options for two reasons....that is the way the car was designed to be crafted for the best driver experience, and resale. I can't tell you how many auctions I have seen where the difference between a rare car worth real money and a daily driver is how someone 40 years previous decided they didn't need the options.

Also a little mystified with all the responses on CF about adding the Z51 options only if one plans to "track" the car. Track or not, the Z51 package places the car on a different level than without the option, and for a reasonable amount of money, again, IMHO.

No worries though, just my thoughts, there is no right or wrong, just personal preference. Take it for what's its worth, enjoy your ride when you get it!

Last edited by CantonVette; 02-05-2014 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 02-05-2014, 08:17 AM
BIGBYRD1993
Drifting

Cruise-In XI, XII Veteran
NCM Lifetime Member & Ambassador

Glad to see some have had Good results from Les Stanford .... Mine was a Disaster and worst I ever had with Buying a New Car !!!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:28 AM
greendot
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, CantonVette,

I recently had a conversation with Scott Montgomery, the Sales Manager at LS. He said that a number of customers that have bought the Z51 wish they had not for the same reasons that you are concerned about. YMMV
Old 02-05-2014, 08:29 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts

http://www.lesstanfordchevrolet.com/BestPriceGuarantee

We're confident our pricing is best - as a matter of fact, we are Ten Thousand Dollars confident!
If Les Stanford Chevrolet can't beat your price...you get $10,000!
Attached Images  

Last edited by C8Jake; 02-05-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:35 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,535 Posts
Default Les Stanford Chevrolet $10,000 Best Price Guarantee

dupe

Get notified of new replies

To Chris Warren - Les Stanford Chevrolet

Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Originally Posted by CantonVette
I disagree with the above reply to your post, but definitely respect the opinion. I don't believe one can compare different generations of the vehicle due to the technology differences. For example, I test drove a C6 GS the year prior to my C7 purchase, which, both in drive and interior, is IMHO, not comparable. The 3LT Z51 is amazing and the MSRC takes car of any ride concerns, great technology. The PTM definitely gives one the sense of being a better driver than they are, again, amazing stuff.

If you are going to buy a C7, go with all the options for two reasons....that is the way the car was designed to be crafted for the best driver experience, and resale. I can't tell you how many auctions I have seen where the difference between a rare car worth real money and a daily driver is how someone 40 years previous decided they didn't need the options.

Also a little mystified with all the responses on CF about adding the Z51 options only if one plans to "track" the car. Track or not, the Z51 package places the car on a different level than without the option, and for a reasonable amount of money, again, IMHO.

No worries though, just my thoughts, there is no right or wrong, just personal preference. Take it for what's its worth, enjoy your ride when you get it!
Thanks VERY much, CantonVette, for your very thorough response to my concerns. There is so much contradictory feedback on Z51 stiffness that I will end up test driving a Z51 for the model year that I decide is best for me(either 2014 or 2015, but not the 2016). I would like to get an 8-speed automatic, but cannot/will not wait for 2016. Too far out.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 PM
C7Kevin
Racer

Originally Posted by greendot
I recently had a conversation with Scott Montgomery, the Sales Manager at LS. He said that a number of customers that have bought the Z51 wish they had not for the same reasons that you are concerned about. YMMV
Thanks, Greendot,
for your reply to my Z51 concerns. I, too, have heard about the same type of Z51 customers who ended up with "buyer remorse". That's exactly why I will not commit to a Z51 until I have had at least one test drive.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
rollinstingray
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This Dennis tap is the best!!!! Just saying....

Quick Reply: Chris Warren - Les Stanford Chevrolet