C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got rid of the C7's hideous grille!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 965 Likes on 502 Posts
Tech Contributor

they have a huge post with all the C7 grills on "the other site"

http://www.djgrilles.com/
Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM
GNC7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you PM me what the "Other site" is?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:06 PM
AMGPilot
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really good!!!

That is one feature of the new Corvette that I never cared for, the front grill.

Don't listen to the haters in this thread. If you like it then that is all that matters

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
Disclaimer...I do apologize for the title. Tried to change it after the fact and it would only change on my individual post. As I noted below, the only two complaints I've heard from people about the C7 were the taillights and the grille. Never heard a single compliment about the factory grille. So that's what lead to my title. After reading many of the posts, it's clear that a lot of people do actually like the factory grille. Title was just my way of being funny based on the complaints I've heard. I was clearly unsuccessful!! It certainly wasn't meant to offend anyone. As noted, we all have our own preference and that's the beauty of being human, we have the ability to think and like different things. So I apologize to anyone that was offended by the "hideous" part of the title. One thing I've learned in seeing all of the photos on this site, the C7 is an amazing vehicle in any color or configuration. Congrats to all that own one, you are one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy such an amazing machine!

Got some better shots of it with less glare and more representative of the actual color for those interested.

Also, more new photos on page 7 of this thread.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 PM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Disclaimer...I do apologize for the title. Tried to change it after the fact and it would only change on my individual post. As I noted below, the only two complaints I've heard from people about the C7 were the taillights and the grille. Never heard a single compliment about the factory grille. So that's what lead to my title. After reading many of the posts, it's clear that a lot of people do actually like the factory grille. Title was just my way of being funny based on the complaints I've heard. I was clearly unsuccessful!! It certainly wasn't meant to offend anyone. As noted, we all have our own preference and that's the beauty of being human, we have the ability to think and like different things. So I apologize to anyone that was offended by the "hideous" part of the title. One thing I've learned in seeing all of the photos on this site, the C7 is an amazing vehicle in any color or configuration. Congrats to all that own one, you are one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy such an amazing machine!

Got some better shots of it with less glare and more representative of the actual color for those interested.

Originally Posted by AMGPilot
Looks really good!!!

That is one feature of the new Corvette that I never cared for, the front grill.

Don't listen to the haters in this thread. If you like it then that is all that matters
Thank you AMGPilot. I certainly don't take anything from a message board personal. I've actually gotten a kick out of this thread. Some of the comments were hilarious. I love my car the way it is. And just like with the Corvette in general, it looks a lot better in person than in photographs.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

looks great!!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Good enough that my wife is putting your grille on her C7 Cyber Grey Metallic VERT instead of the same RaceMesh Grille that I have so they will be slightly different
Old 01-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Z O SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good IMO!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 PM
USMCVETC7
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The more I look at it the more I like it!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM
marc4427
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

I like it too
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
427silverhotrod
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it looks great thanks for posting it.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
dirty eddie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by #1c6
not bad, but im hoping to get the grille thats in the z06!
Me too, let me know if and when you find them for sale.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:43 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Originally Posted by george vee
Can we get a full front shot?

like this
Got some new photo software for work, made it very easy to swap grilles onto this car. Below are the before and after images, with the second one showing the single chamber grille on a lighter colored car.
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2014, 07:25 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

I prefer the OEM grille. The chrome strip does not keep me up at night. As for your mod, if you like it, great. But I think it looks like a DIY using material from Home Depot.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:31 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Originally Posted by SRQStingray
I prefer the OEM grille. The chrome strip does not keep me up at night. As for your mod, if you like it, great. But I think it looks like a DIY using material from Home Depot.
Wasn't asking. But thanks, I'm a huge fan of Home Depot.

Someone earlier asked for an image of it on a lighter colored car. Just provided them with what they asked for.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:14 AM
rrod436
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks good.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Kyflyer
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

It appears you have done good work on the grille and it is your car so have some fun. Have you read the reasoning behind the factor grill shape, etc? This car is designed for aerodynamics, to the point that they spent hundreds of hours and a lot of money managing (directing) airflow. The special edition of the January Motor Trend about the C7 explains it.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM
jaymedic44
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally I love the stock grille

Get notified of new replies

To Finally got rid of the C7's hideous grille!!!

Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Callihan
Instructor

Your corvette looks great with all the mods, thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Carnut12
I agree the factory front grill is Ugly, I think yours looks better, anything that gets rid of that chrome strip IMO looks better. I am not sure I would do it, but I would get rid of that Chrome ASAP.

I do like what fasttoys did to his even better.
I ordered the Cyber Gray grille option, thinking it would get rid of the chrome. It doesn't. It just changes the "mesh" portion from gloss black to gray.

I really like the carbon-flash grille mod shown above, and will look into getting that done; I've also been considering doing a carbon fiber "stinger" on the hood of my Cyber Gray 'vert as well.

Note to the OP: email a moderator - they can change the title for you.

Last edited by HummelS; 02-09-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,757 Likes on 4,185 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Not bad......

Quick Reply: Finally got rid of the C7's hideous grille!!!